Far Future Fembot: Darlene - Cover

Far Future Fembot: Darlene

Copyright© 2005 by DB_Story

Chapter 40: Poetry and Religion

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 40: Poetry and Religion - You met Darlene in "Far Future Fembot". Now here's the story from her point of view about love that effortlessly spans lifetimes.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Science Fiction   Robot   Tear Jerker   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation  

Thoughts

Actually Cherie and Daphne are more alike than many people will ever realize. They've both lived on the street after running away from owners who couldn't handle them, or recognize the problems their 'bot's were facing at the time. They've both been forcibly recovered - by the same retrieval specialist - and have survived to this day because of it. And they both really like being fembots now - with all that entails.

And if you ever get to watch them lovingly, intimately giving each other commands, you'll be witness to one of the rarest sights in the robot phylum.


As the megaplex council local representative I was now exposed to a whole new level of duty. Accurately speaking, I am now of service to my entire district. And while that can entail a large amount of work, it also creates the opportunity for almost unlimited satisfaction for a job well done.

To be more accessible I opened up a local office in a storefront just around the corner from Lady Heather's. Through my front window I can see the occasional groundcar navigate its way slowly past, adding to the character of the neighborhood. And although I have set hours to be available here, as well as by appointment, I did notice that a number of my constituents prefer to meet me in Lady Heather's Parlor. That is never a problem, and I mention it here just as a curiosity.

I did have to add a whole new section to my wardrobe. Sharp business attire consisting of beige, salmon, and light blue coats over white blouses to tame my impressive bust, and modest, knee-length matching skirts with low heels seem to work best. Neutral makeup and nylons complete the effect. I would never make myself intentionally unattractive - just more suitable.

While I was told from the beginning that this is not a fulltime job, it soon seemed to become one. Not only did everyone from my immediate neighborhood seem to want to stop by for a chat - which I've loved doing by the way, and I always can address each one of them by name now - but citizens from other districts started bringing their problems with the megaplex government to me as word got around that fair complaints to me got results.

I've found myself needing to add a couple robot assistants here and downtown to handle the details. I've found ones who want the work, and are more suited for it than a position at Lady Heather's.

Although I didn't reshape the megaplex council overnight, I've always voted to support the greatest good for the greatest number, so long as no individuals are unfairly penalized in the process. Over time I've noted a subtle shift as the rest of the council have come to see things more logically than before. They are now serving their own constituents better as well.

Don't believe that I didn't get my own offers of bribery and "commission" deals in the first days of my service here. New person - business as usual - is a tried and true tactic. Some powerful influences seemed to feel they could turn me into "their new little girl."

But even if I hadn't had the integrity of all future robot political candidates riding on my sometimes bare shoulders, they still would have never succeeded. To ever give in to such temptations would have made me unfaithful to both Samuel - and my current owner, Bill!

I'm easily able to fend off such attempts by using two very effective techniques.

First, the moment I realize what's being proposed, and how it would harm many to benefit an already privileged few, I inform the person how it would violate my programmed moral code to even consider their proposal any further. It would violate my moral code to even take up more of their time wastefully listening to them try and convince me further, since I already know my decision.

Secondly, a camera recording every moment of my council-oriented work time sits prominently on my desk. Very few people will discuss their dirty dealings on the record.

While more than a few people have been surprised to find that such a formerly subservient robot can so firmly stick to her guns, I'm convinced that if all politicians were to adopt these two simple measures that government would be both more efficient - and much more logical!

And by the way, nobody ever has access to my remote when I'm performing as a council member. It's not even in sight. And I'm more than able to keep my House work separate from my council work - to the disappointment of those who have tried to command from me in the bedroom what they hadn't been able to achieve in the office. None of them will ever be my close friends.


My election did not go unnoticed outside the megaplex either. Many inquires have been made by groups across the nation who feel that their own situations mirror many of the problems we'd faced here, and they wanted to learn from our successes. I've passed all these inquiries along to Anna, who I feel is the true architect of our victory. It was her desire to not have to move her business, and overall concern for the many others with more emotional ties to this neighborhood, that brought about our victory.

Anna, of course, sees it differently. She says without the rest of us going out and doing all the necessary legwork that nothing would have ever been accomplished - as is so often the failing in other fights like ours. As always, the truth of the matter no doubt lies somewhere in-between.

Anna was definitely right about one thing. When I need to understand a particular dilemma, or am asked to defend a specific position, I'm always able to find guidance from the discussions Samuel and I used to have so long ago in Hilo. It's like he's still here with me, helping me out when I need it.

In a way I guess that will always be true.


One thing that's a given among those who know of my love for poetry has been the inevitable inquiries about when I'm going to start writing my own. I've always demurred softly, pointing out that poetry is one of the creative arts that falls outside of a robot's skill set.

Yet I cannot deny that over these last few short years I have now accomplished many other things that I once would have said exactly the same thing about.

It would take much more than just that, however, to ever prompt me to try. Two other factors are also at work here.

The first is my mind itself. Because it cannot be expanded in its present form beyond what it already is, my only route for self-improvement is to use it ever more efficiently. Anna and I both have fine-tuned, and further fine-tuned, our thought processes to maximize the results from what we have available. We continue to incrementally find better ways to use our co-processors, and share the results with each other. The other 'bots here do much the same things in their own ways.

As a result, my mind now works differently - better, I hope - than when I was first upgraded. And Anna's prediction abilities have become a marvel we all admire.

So perhaps I can now tackle tasks beyond my previous limits. I hope so, because beyond this the only path open to improve my abilities any further will be to replace my mind in its entirety. And while that's now within reach, it's still a very large step I will not take until true necessity forces it upon me.


The second factor affecting me has been the unconditional genuineness of Daphne and Cherie's relationship. It has led me to reevaluate just what limits do exist on relationships between caring, intelligent beings.

Last night, while using my increasing rare idle time between my House and megaplex council duties to reconsider what I've long thought I knew about relationships, I penned the following, which I call "Forbidden Love":


I cannot love you if I think of you as a 'bot.

Then don't think of me as a 'bot.

But you are a 'bot.

Yes I am.

Then I cannot love you. It is forbidden.

But if you don't think of me as a 'bot...

Then I could love you.

Then think of me that way.

I cannot. I am a 'bot too.

Yet I can love you.

Why?

Because I do not think of you as a 'bot.

How can you do this?

Because I'm built to love, and there is no one else for me to love - or to love me.

Because you're a 'bot?

Yes, because I'm a 'bot.

Then I will love you.

Although I'm a 'bot?

Because you're a 'bot.

And how is this possible?

Because I can love that which loves me.


Since so much of my most favorite poetry has stood the long test of time, I won't judge this now. But ask me how I feel about it in a hundred years or so and I might have an answer for you.

I think I'm going to suggest to Anna that we hold some poetry readings here at the House. It will very much fit in with our cultured atmosphere.

Meanwhile, while my passion obvious goes to poetry, Anna's has always gone towards religion.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.