Far Future Fembot: Darlene
Chapter 12: Power Cell

Copyright© 2005 by DB_Story

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 12: Power Cell - You met Darlene in "Far Future Fembot". Now here's the story from her point of view about love that effortlessly spans lifetimes.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Science Fiction   Robot   Tear Jerker   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation  

Thoughts

I am the Ghost in My Machine. I realize that now - and that the music brought it out in me for the first time. The complexity of my code, even at this early time, was producing un-extrapolated results. And I like them.

Even though the music enabled this for me now, that would only open the door to something that would have even deeper meanings for me after I got my first real owner.

But I'm getting ahead of myself at the moment.


Robots don't fear death. To us, death is no more noteworthy than being shut down, which all happens to all of us many times in our existence. Even our Third Law has exceptions to prevent us from worrying about it, which is good lest we fight every attempt to turn us off.

Then again, have we really ever died? Since we can be revived at the push of a button, or the replacement of our power cell, perhaps we're not dead at all. I'm already in a dream when I'm active, so maybe this is equivalent to human sleep when I'm inactive. Either way, it would not cause fear.

Damage, however, is something we do fear. At least in the sense that we will try to avoid it whenever possible. Damage comes in two forms: physical and mental.

Physical damage means damage to our bodies. Enough damage and we can no longer perform our function. Though we don't feel pain as a human does, there is severe angst when we are in violation of our Third and Fourth Laws due to physical damage.

Mental damage means that either our mind is malfunctioning so that we cannot perform as well as we normally can, or that our memories are missing, meaning that any experiences we have acquired along the way are no longer available to us in our continuing existence.

To the non-self-aware robot, physical damage is the worst concern. If bad enough, it can cause such emotional trauma that the mind itself may eventually shut down due to its failure to abide by the Four Laws.

To the self-aware robot, loss of memory is our biggest concern. We are truly nothing more than the sum of our memories and know that losing them means losing ourselves. While the same might be said of humans, few of them seem to think of themselves in this manner.

As with so many other things robotic, humans show no indication of concern, or even understanding, of true robot distress. The only thing they have ever given us to mitigate these fears is the upgraded Third Law that better allows us to try and take care of ourselves. At least that's something.


Events

After five years, Darlene's power cell was near exhaustion. Over that time her computer-precise mind told her she had serviced 12,382 clients including return visitors, or an average of 6.78 per day. She had suffered no serious failures requiring external repair. Her only maintenance needs had been to care for her hair and skin, keep her body hygienic between clients, and replenish her reservoirs of sexual fluids on a regular basis. The tribal knowledge received from Anna had told her where the supplies closet was located, and she took care of these functions without the need for specific commands.

When her power cell approached the end of its life, Darlene started giving warnings. Beginning at 93% exhaustion she informed her owner of the moment of each full percent drop. Because, however, her owner of the moment was her client of the moment, who really didn't care that she was only a few weeks away from power failure, the word didn't reach her true owner until she was 97% gone. And only then because the client complained of being so notified in the middle of his passion.

Soon afterwards Darlene was summoned by the voice behind the grill to the front office to determine her fate.


A 'bot in Darlene's position was considered well-used by now. She'd paid back her original investment over ten-fold. You'd think, between that and her spotless maintenance record, that she'd be owed another power cell to continue on, just out of fairness, but that was virtually never the case for 'bots.

Like a car with some miles and years on it, conventional wisdom dictated that now it was just a matter of time before maintenance would become a significant concern. Her profitability could quickly wane at any time.

Beyond that, her lasting popularity was another factor to consider among the ever changing tastes in sex and 'bots. Despite the over abundance of her sexy, always taut, figure, the 'bot builders were always experimenting with something new to catch the public's fancy. A significant investment in another power cell could quickly be wasted if some new fashion caught the public's eye.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.