Lucky Stiff
Chapter 14 -- Rehearsals

Copyright© 2004 by JiMC

Mind Control Sex Story: Chapter 14 -- Rehearsals - In the second entry of the Lucky Tickets saga, our hero learns about friendship, love, and other important lessons about life as this tale follows him through tenth grade and into eleventh grade. (46 Chapters plus a Prologue and Afterword; 334,465 words total)

Caution: This Mind Control Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Romantic   Mind Control   Magic   MaleDom   Oral Sex  

And I'm bringing you a love that's true.
So get ready, so get ready.
I'm gonna try to make you love me too.
So get ready, so get ready 'cause here I come.

--Get Ready (The Temptations)


Kristen and I decided to spend the weekend with my parents for a change. This ate into the time I hoped that I'd have to finish doing music arrangements, especially now that I was planning the entertainment for Kristen's party.

Fortunately for me, Merry was delighted to have Kristen around, the big sister that she always wanted and never had. Merry dragged Kristen to her room to talk girl talk, and I took the opportunity to go downstairs and make a telephone call from the den.

"Hello?" Wendy's mother answered.

"Hello, Mrs. Jones," I said. "My name is Jim Crittenhouse. I was wondering if Wendy was home, and if so, may I please talk with her?"

Wendy's mom seemed a bit surprised at my rather polite delivery, something my mother instilled in me at an early age: Politeness didn't cost you very much, and was often rewarded. "I'll see if I can get her, Mr. Crittenhouse."

I smiled and waited and soon Wendy was on the line. "Hey, Jim! Long time no see!"

"Yeah, Wendy," I said, a bit sorry. "I've got my hands full at school, you know."

"I can imagine," Wendy said with a laugh. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you are still seeing Gerry," I said. "I had an idea, but I don't have his last name or phone number."

"Of course, we're still seeing each other, although we're not dating... well, we're not seeing other people, but we know that we won't be seeing each other after this summer..."

I waited. "Could you give me the information, then?" I finally asked.

"Oh, yeah," Wendy answered. "Gerry Pembroke." She also gave me his phone number. "What's up?"

"I'm planning a birthday party for Kris," I explained. "I want to invite you and Gerry, but I also wanted to know if Gerry could get his band together for the Saturday after next."

Wendy thought a moment. "He doesn't have a gig then. What time?"

"Starts at noon, and we don't have an end time."

"Sounds like quite a gig."

"Oh, he won't be playing all the time. It's Kristen's birthday party--having a band will surprise her! We'll also have a deejay and I'm thinking of getting the jazz band to play a few songs as well."

"Sounds way cool, Oogie!"

I grinned at the nickname. "Thanks, Wendy. I'll give Gerry a call."

"He's right here and raring to talk to you."

Wendy put Gerry on the phone and we talked. It seemed that he came up with the same idea, and was thinking of calling me to do the gig for free. I told him that he'd be paid--Kristen's parents were footing most of the bills.

After a bit of haggling, I pointed out that most of the other members of his band weren't necessarily Kristen's friends, and might not be as willing to forgo getting paid. I could see that Gerry was doomed to live the life of the poor musician.

Finally, Gerry insisted, "Jim, that arrangement you put together for 'Hooked on a Feeling' has been a big hit for us and has made us a very popular band in this area. The boys have already insisted on doing your party for free once I found out about the party yesterday. We even canceled a paying gig... that's how interested they are!"

I wasn't to be convinced. "Gerry, you don't know Kristen's parents. Her father will insist. Take the money and buy her a present, but you won't win against her father."

"If you say so," Gerry finally conceded.

"Thanks, Gerry. Give my love to Wendy, and be sure to bring her to the party! Same to the band... invite their girlfriends."

"And boyfriends," Gerry laughed. He had a female who played bass. "No problem, maestro!"

I hung the phone up, satisfied. I walked out of the den and passed my mother.

"How long were you on the phone?" my mother asked.

"Ten minutes tops," I said, knowing that using the phone was a privilege that you didn't abuse in our house. I looked upstairs and didn't see Kristen around. "I am planning some surprises for Kristen's party. Can you guys come and bring Merry?"

"Is it just going to be kids?" my mother asked.

"No, Kristen's parents are inviting their friends, and asked me to invite some of the kids from school as well, so there will be lots of people of all ages. You guys will fit in fine."

"OK. Do you have any idea what we should get her?"

"Nothing expensive, mom," I said, grinning. All of a sudden, I got an interesting idea. "I know Kris likes chocolate covered peanuts. Do you know that place in the mall near the food court?"

"Candy?" my mother asked, a bit astonished.

"It's one of her favorites, Mom," I assured her. "I promise you, she'll love it."

Our conversation was cut short when we heard Merry bounding down the stairs.

"Mommy!" Merry shouted.

"What's up, dear?"

"Kristen invited our family over to her birthday party the weekend after next! Her parents are inviting some friends, and wanted you to come."

"Huh?" my mother asked, completely surprised.

Kristen descended the stairs a bit more gracefully than Merry's attempt a moment earlier. "My dad always throws a party for my birthday. It's not a surprise. He asked me to invite your entire family. I know that Jim will be there, and I'd love the rest of you to come as well."

My mother looked at me as if the world suddenly turned upside down. I just shrugged. "Kristen's mom likes 'Moon River, '" I said. "The deejay will probably have Andy Williams."

It was Kristen's turn to be surprised. "Um... yes she does. How did you know that, Oogie?"

"I played it for her at your house once, remember?" I asked, having prepared for the question and wisely not directly answering it.

Merry didn't like the fact that the conversation shifted subject slightly. "So, how about it, Mom?"

My mother said, "I'll have to ask your dad..."

That was Merry's cue to take off and go into the garage to pester her father. The three of us laughed at her.

"We don't have anything else planned," Mom said. "I don't see any reason why we can't attend."

"It will be on Saturday at the American Legion Hall on Main Street, and it starts at noon," Kristen informed my mother.

My mother was about to say something when Merry stormed back into the living room. "Daddy said 'yes!'"

"I guess we're going," my mother said, grinning.

"Yeah!" Merry shouted, all full of exuberance.

"Hey, Merry," Kristen said. "Would you like to go to the mall?"

"Sh..." Merry said, and interrupted herself, remembering where she was and she turned sheepishly to my mother, and corrected herself. "I mean, may I, Mommy?"

My mother smiled and said, "Sure, Merry. We'll be having dinner at six. Can you be back by five so you can help with the salad?"

"That won't be a problem, Mrs. Cummings," Kristen answered. "Are there any groceries or anything that you would like me to pick up?"

My mother looked a bit taken aback. "I... um... it never even occurred to me that anybody would..." She stopped and looked thoughtful. "Do you think you can pick up some Italian bread?"

"No problem," Kristen said. "There's a bakery near..."

"Oh, pooh!" Mom said. "It's cheaper at the grocery store."

"But the bakery has better quality. Your spaghetti sauce deserves the best, Mrs. Cummings."

Again, my mother was impressed. "If you insist..."

"I insist," Kristen said firmly.

Kristen, Merry, and I walked out through the foyer and outside. As we approached the car, Kristen turned to me "Jim, I was thinking of taking Merry to Martin's."

Martin's was an upscale dress store in the mall that Kristen was particularly fond of patronizing. That kind of shopping didn't really appeal to me, and Kristen's explanation was a cue to me that I might not want to go with the two of them. I said, "I have some arrangements that I'd like to work on, if you don't really need me."

Kristen apparently expected my response. She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and told Merry to sit in the front.

I felt a little disappointed that I wasn't with Kristen, but maybe Kris and Merry wanted some private time together. I wouldn't deny them the opportunity, and I did have quite a lot of work that I made for myself that I needed to get done, especially with a deadline in less than two weeks.

After the Camaro left, my step-father noticed that I was still in the driveway. "Kristen left you?"

"She's taking Merry to the mall. I have some music to arrange."

"Will she be around for dinner?" he asked, thinking that there may have been something wrong.

"They'll both be here at five," I assured him.

"OK, son."

I smiled at him, and thought about our relationship. I liked the man, and he was a good husband to my mother. He doted on Merry and although he thought that teenage boys should have a firmer hand guiding them than I preferred, he was ultimately fair.

His daughter, Merry, and I were much closer. I actually enjoyed being around her. I could even say that I loved her. I wondered why I couldn't apply that verb to my relationship with my step-father. Somehow, we never really clicked that way. As I said, he was a decent man, but I would never call him "father." There was just too much bad history with another person with that title for me to apply it to any warm blooded creature.


My plans for a few hours' time alone writing music were dashed when the doorbell rang about an hour and a half after Kristen left.

My mother answered the door, and then came upstairs after she found herself unsuccessful in arousing me. I was in my bedroom with my headphones on with my electric piano on a stand that my step-father and I put together with spare lumber in the garage during my Christmas vacation.

I was startled when somebody tapped my shoulder, and I turned around quickly, startling my mother. "I'm sorry, Jim. You have more company."

I ran downstairs to see Camille and Patty in the living room.

"Hey, Jim!" the girls said.

"Hey you guys. What's up?"

"Is Kristen here?" Patty asked.

"No. She's at the mall with Merry. Were you looking for her?"

Both girls seemed relieved. "We thought so," Patty said. "We didn't see the Camaro and were hoping you'd be home. We rarely see you without Kristen on weekends."

"What's up?"

Camille noticed my mother coming down the stairs. "Can we go for a ride?"

I looked at my mother, who only shrugged at me. "I need to be back before five."

"Shouldn't be a problem," Patty said.

I was intrigued and wondered what the two girls were up to.

Camille's red Corolla was parked in the driveway. Patty indicated that I take the front seat, and she sat behind me.

Camille backed out of the driveway and said, "Jim, the two of us would like to thank you for your efforts to bring Patty and I closer together."

I shrugged. "I didn't do much."

"Bullshit!" Patty said, laughing. "You're modest, and that's what we all love about you. We spent all day Thursday just talking. It's as if we became best friends all over again!"

"You did it yourselves," I said, not wanting to take the credit.

"Anyway, that's not why we kidnapped you," Camille said.

"Kidnap?" I said. I saw humor in Camille's eyes, though.

"Wendy called Cammy and told her about Kristen's party," Patty said, ignoring Camille. "We wanted to know if we could do anything to help?"

"I was trying to write some arrangements for some rock and roll and Henry Mancini songs for the jazz band to play at the party when you girls kidnapped me!"

"Oh," Patty said, suddenly thoughtful. She seemed as if she was ready to say something, but held her tongue.

I sighed, figuring that I might actually have to end up staying up late a few nights to get them done. There were only two weeks, and two Thursday afternoons for the band to practice. There was also the problem of keeping Kristen from those practice sessions.

Suddenly, another idea formed. "Patty, Cammy... could you hijack Kristen for the next two Thursday afternoons? I would like the band to play some special music for her party and we need to practice."

Camille frowned. "Cheerleader practice on Thursdays..."

Patty said, "I can come up with a couple of ideas, but she will be suspicious if I do it two weeks in a row."

I agreed. "You're probably right. Maybe just the Thursday after next."

"I can come up with something," Patty said.

I turned to look at Patty and saw a sly grin on her face. "Anyway, both of you are invited, with your boyfriends, if you have them."

"You hinted that the jazz band will be there," Patty said. "That's who I would have invited."

Camille smirked. "You're dating the entire band? That sounds like one of my tricks!"

Patty and I laughed at that.

I was still confused about where Patty and Camille were taking me. We were heading toward the center of town.

Camille found a parking spot on Main Street. I was familiar with that area, but didn't have any idea what their intentions were.

Patty and Camille led me to a door that read "American Legion."

"This is where Kristen's dad is having the party..."

"He hired it this weekend, too," Patty said.

"Huh?"

"Go upstairs," Camille directed.

Upstairs, a good majority of the jazz band, as well as a couple of extra people from the chorus and some other friends were assembled. There were some instruments. Even Amy Grant was situated behind an old upright piano that looked as if it was part of the legion hall.

Toby walked over to me and said, "Hey, Jim! Mr. Swift rented us the room for the next two weekends so we could practice here before the party."

"Huh?" I said, still not comprehending.

"Hey, son!" came a voice behind me. It was Kristen's father.

"Mr. Swift?" I asked.

"In the flesh," Kristen's father answered. "Your friend is correct. I rented this hall for the next couple of Saturdays."

"Why?"

"One thing we've never told you was that Charley was a musician when she was younger," Mr. Swift explained. "She suggested rehearsing at the site so you can get a good feeling on how the hall 'sounds, ' or something like that."

"Cool!" I said, thinking that it was an excellent suggestion. "How did you get the band together?"

"I called your school, asking for your music teacher. He managed to contact most of the students, and others contacted the ones he couldn't. We didn't get everybody, but we should have everybody here next week."

Wendy came over. "I called Camille, and Patty was over at her house. I explained and they decided to see if they could wrest you from Kristen."

Kristen's father smiled. "How did they pry the two of you apart, Jim?"

"Kris went to Martin's with Merry. I was working on arrangements for the party..."

"Do you have them?" asked Gerry.

"Unfortunately, no," I said, sadly. "I wasn't told where I was being taken."

"Cammy and I thought we'd surprise you," Patty said, apologetically. "I didn't realize you were working on stuff for the party already."

"Is there a phone here?" I asked.

Kristen's father nodded, and pointed downstairs. "You can use the one in the office. They'll know you're with me."

"Camille? Can you drive back to my house and pick up some stuff from my mother?"

"Sure," Camille said.

Camille followed me as I ran downstairs and called my house. I got my mom and asked her to get some music books and the stuff that were on my keyboard in my room. I would have Camille stop by to pick them up.

"I think I have things under control, Mr. Swift. Thanks for making the effort!"

"No problem, Jim. I need to run."

"OK. Thanks!" I shook his hand and looked over the students, who more or less set up their seats much the same as if they were in the music room.

I told the people to reorganize the chairs toward the front of the room where they would be playing. If we were going to be learning the acoustics of the room, we should do so in the same area where we would be performing at the party.

I found Sam, who played the string bass, and asked him if he knew the Peter Gunn theme. He wasn't sure, so I went over to Amy's upright piano and started playing the theme from memory, choosing the key of G. BUM-bum BUM-bum BUM-bum BUM-bum...

Sam recognized the tune and picked it up almost at once.

Without a cue from me, at the right time, one of the trumpet players and Bill, the best trombone player in the school, automatically joined in on the third phrase. Soon, the drum kit came to life, and you could hear the entire room shake as people started to join in. Amy was even duplicating the bass line that I originally started.

"Hell, who needs arrangements?" I giggled to myself.

Patty, Wendy, and a lot of the chorus members were looking at me with their mouths hanging open.

I cued the band to start the song over. This time, Gerry plugged in his guitar, and I asked him to join in on the bass line, which was being overpowered by the rest of the band. I explained how I wanted the theme to get louder (crescendo) and softer (diminuendo) for each phrase, and showed Toby the correct fingering of the triplets near the end of the phrase.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.