Oliver Brown - Cover

Oliver Brown

Copyright© 2004 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 5

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 5 - This is the story of Oliver Brown, the Druid that replaced John Carter as the Grand Druid. It is a story of love and duty.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction  

Oliver stood at the eastern end of the clearing as John Carter went through the ritual of sanctifying it as a grove for the Gods and Goddesses. He had been shocked as the meteors buried themselves in the corners of the glade. While others may have seen a dust and debris flying around the glade, he had seen a blinding white light. When the lightening had struck John Carter, he had seen to the other side as John joined his loved ones that had passed before.

When everything was finished, Oliver stood there numbly. Slowly coming to his senses, he looked around the clearing seeing other faces that were just as stunned as his. As one, the faces all turned to look at him. He swallowed in nervousness at being the center of attention. The Druids walked into the clearing, forming groups according to those they served. They all faced north waiting for him.

He walked across the clearing to the northern end, his mind on auto-pilot, letting his feet carry him to his destination. The only thought that ran through his mind was the doubt that any mere mortal could live up to the standard established by John Carter. He faced the groups as they formally greeted him as the Grand Druid. His mind returned to a minimum level of functionality as the Druids made their way individually to greet him.

When he greeted Ed, he was surprised to see that the man glowed brighter than ever. There were no dark spots over his heart. He asked Ed to stay at the college and was disappointed to learn that he would be leaving in nine months. There was so much for him to learn about running the College now that it was his. The absence of Ed would make his life that much tougher.

After everyone broke up into individual groups and started to head towards the college, he was faced with the reporter that had covered the ceremony. The reporter immediately shoved a microphone in his face asking, "Would you please tell our viewers how you feel about the events that took place today, Mr. Brown?"

Oliver's mind snapped into focus. A very serious expression came on his face as he replied, "Today, the world has lost a great man. John Carter has transformed the world more than any other man in history. His discovery of a cold fusion process was as significant as the original discovery of fire. He brought the community of Druids out from hiding and into the light. He saved thousands of lives through his efforts. He changed the economy of the world to one that is significantly more stable than ever in history."

The reporter asked, "So how does it feel to be the new Grand Druid?"

"I serve the Gods and Goddesses to the best of my ability. That they have chosen me for this role is a great honor and a huge responsibility. I shall contribute as I can, but I am just one man among many."

"You are very humble."

"Humble? No, I wouldn't say humble. I am realistic about my abilities." Oliver nodded as he answered. He added, "I know my worth as a human being is no greater than anyone else."

The reporter glanced over at the students returning to the college. He said, "So tell me about the Druid College."

Oliver said, "The Druid College is one of the greatest legacies of John Carter. Most of these students will contribute to the world more than you can imagine. The young adults that shall be graduating this year are among the brightest and most driven people that I have ever met. These young people have studied a vast variety of subjects and are experts in their specialty areas. They have insights that you wouldn't believe."

The reporter said, "It sounds like you are really impressed."

Oliver said, "Those of us who became Druids in the past shall be considered slow and stupid in comparison to those who become Druids in the future."

The reporter looked surprised at that assessment. He said, "The existing Druids are considered some of the most valued advisors available for businesses and government."

"We will pale in comparison to the new crop of Druids." Oliver looked at the reporter for a second. He added, "I am lucky to have inherited from John Carter this great place of learning. I will be credited with training them, but what I do in the future shall be due to the foresight of one man, John Carter."

The reporter asked, "So what about the current crop of students?"

Oliver answered, "We are establishing monthly sessions where government agencies and businesses may come and interview our graduating classes starting next month. I invite all of those who are interested to call and schedule a session here."

"Do you expect them all to get jobs?"

Oliver laughed before he replied, "I would be surprised if they didn't get a hundred job offers each."

The reporter asked, "So you expect them to get jobs with good salaries?"

Oliver looked at the reporter as though he had just asked a very stupid question. He answered, "I expect each of them to find a job that satisfies them. The money is unimportant. I'm sure that some will accept jobs that pay as little as twenty thousand a year even though they may have been offered jobs that pay ten times that much."

The reporter asked, "So are you saying that even small companies could hire them?"

Oliver replied, "They shall go to the place that needs them most. I can not predict where that will be. Now, if you would be so kind, I have other duties that require my attention."

The reporter watched as Oliver turned away and left without further word. He turned to the camera man and asked, "Did you get all of that?"

The man smiled and answered, "Sure did."

Oliver headed to the college, feeling that it was necessary to visit the instructors as a whole and then each year of students. He didn't know what effect the recent events would have on people, but he had to defuse any possible repercussions. It was the first of his duties to those he led.

Still in a state of shock, he entered the administration building to find Catherine waiting for him. She hugged him tightly to lend him some of her strength. He relaxed into her embrace for a moment. She then said, "The instructors are in the conference room waiting for you. The sixth year students are watching over the other students."

There were times when he didn't know what he had done to deserve such a woman in his life. This was one of those times. He said, "Thank you. Do you want to go with me or is there something else that you feel you should do?"

She answered, "Well, I feel like I should jump your bones, but instead I'll visit the students and see if I can help."

Laughing at her preferred action, he watched her leave before heading into the conference room. With as much dignity as he could muster, he moved down the isle and positioned himself behind the podium. He looked across the people gathered there, amazed at the brightness of their glow. He said, "I would like to thank you for coming here. No one could have experienced greater shock at the events of today than I. For now, I want everyone to know that there will be no changes in daily operations here at the college. Unlike most organizations, this one will not undergo any changes because a new person has been put in charge. When we are finished, please go forth and reassure the students. Are there any questions?"

He stood in front of the room and waited for a question. One of the Druids stood and asked, "Shall we hold classes according to schedule?"

Oliver was about to answer, thought better of it, and then asked, "What would you suggest?"

The Druid said, "Classes were not held today because it is Midwinter's day. I suggest that we use the rest of they day to deal with the emotional consequences of today's events. We hold classes tomorrow like normal."

Oliver looked around the room noticing the large number of people nodding their agreement. A few disagreed. He asked, "Any statement from those who disagree?"

One Druid whose job was deeply involved with the first years, stood and said, "It will take more than one day for the earlier years to come to grips with the events. John Carter was a daily part of their lives. I suggest that upper levels resume their schedule, but we give the lower two levels an extra day."

He replied, "That is a very good point and an excellent suggestion."

Another Druid stood up and said, "Let the final year of students help us with the first years."

Oliver nodded and stated, "It is proposed that classes be held tomorrow for all years except for the first two and the last. The last shall help with the first years in dealing with their grief."

He looked across the auditorium observing the number of people that were nodding their heads. None were shaking them in disagreement. He said, "So be it. Are there any other questions or suggestions?"

Kelly stood up and said, "May I join you in addressing the students? I have first hand experience with dying and they will find what I have to say reassuring."

Oliver was amazed at the selflessness of Kelly. She should be with her family sharing in their grief, but she was here to help. He asked, "Would you not be better helping your family? You have children that need comforting."

She answered, "The children have talked to the Gods and Goddesses about this day for a long time. It came as no surprise to them and they suffer very little grief. Ed and Ling are helping Leroy and Linda. I can serve better this way."

He said, "I accept your kind offer. Anything else?"

Everyone shook their heads no. He waited for a moment and then stated, "Please gather the first years and bring them here."

The crowd dissipated in their normal chaotic fashion, but in a manner that did not involve any pushing or problems. Kelly made her way to the front of the room and stood beside him. He glanced at her, realizing that she didn't feel like talking at the moment. Rather than say a word, he put an arm around her and hugged her tightly. The kitchen staff came into the room with pots of coffee, soft drinks, and cookies. One of them noticed him watching them and explained, "We thought it might help, sir."

It reminded him that he would also have to talk to the staff. He answered, "That is very thoughtful of you and your efforts are appreciated. Thank you very much."

The first years entered the room. All of them had turned in their robes and were once again naked. Nudity had become normal for them and they would find that the second year where they wore robes most of the time would be tough, almost confining. He watched with pleasure as he saw that all continued to glow and no new black spots had appeared as a result of the loss of John.

He waited for everyone to enter and find a seat. Most stopped by the snacks and grabbed either a coffee or a soda. Very few of them picked up something to eat. He glanced over at Kelly and asked, "Do you want to talk first or should I?"

She answered, "I think you should talk first."

He turned to the students and looked across the room. It took a few minutes for the room to quiet down as students talked to each other. He finally said, "Hello. I'm Oliver Brown. Today I have been given charge of the Druid College under circumstances that are not of my choosing. We lost a great man today and one that I know each of you knew personally. I grieve for his passing just as strongly as you."

Kelly stepped forward and interrupted, "I am Kelly Carter. I was a wife of John Carter. I want to tell you a few things about him that may help you in dealing with his death. John died twice before today. He did not fear death, knowing it for what it really is - a step from this world to the other. I have died and do not fear death. Let me say this, do not feel sorry for the dead. Let us be honest with ourselves and recognize our feelings for what they are. I grieve today because I know that I will never again feel his arms around me or hear him whisper in my ear words of love. I feel sad for myself and my loss. That is natural, but knowing the source of your grief shall allow you to deal with it much easier."

She stepped back and looked at Oliver. He stepped forward and said, "When you leave here, your instructors shall be available for you to talk with if you have any problems dealing with the events. Please talk to them, even if you don't have any problems. The sixth year students shall be around in the first year dorm as well. I'm sure you'll recognize them, they'll be wearing clothes."

His comment brought nervous laughter from the students and eased a little of the tension in the room. He said, "We want you to come to grips with your feelings. Towards this end, there will be no classes for you tomorrow. Please feel free to relax and talk amongst yourselves. Talk to the instructors and sixth year students. If you feel a need to be alone, take a walk in the woods."

He paused for a moment and then said, "I want all of you to understand something before you leave. John Carter was a rare man. It is my belief that he was rewarded by the Gods and Goddesses with a rare opportunity. Each of us was truly blessed with the honor of observing it."

Hoping to see the effect of his words, he stopped to look at the students. He asked, "Are there any questions?"

A young man stood nervously licking his lips. He asked, "If the Gods or Goddesses choose us, will we have to sacrifice our lives?"

Oliver looked at the student for a minute and then over at Kelly. At a loss on how to answer that question, he thought about it for several minutes as the students shuffled nervously. Finally, he said, "I don't know if your service will require that. I do know that most of us live long and healthy lives."

Kelly answered, "John choose to act today knowing full well the consequences of his actions. He was prepared and spent last night saying goodbye to us. If your service requests that from you, I believe that you will be given a choice. The Gods and Goddesses are not cruel or capricious. They ask nothing of us that we are not capable of doing or are unwilling to do."

The student, with a visible look of relief, sat down. He and the other students were satisfied with the answers they had given. Another student started to stand and then sat down again. Oliver asked, "Did you have a question?"

The student shook her head as she said, "I'm sorry, but it was off topic."

He was going to skip the question, but thought better of it. He said, "Please ask your question anyway."

The student stood and looked nervously around the room. She asked, "You talk with such reverence of your service to the Gods and Goddess. Is it really that great?"

Oliver smiled as he glanced at the smile spreading across Kelly's face. He answered, "Yes, it is that great. I have enjoyed every minute of my service, even the scary times were good."

Kelly added, "I envy you your first service. I'll remember mine for the rest of my life."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.