Once More With Feelings
Chapter 16: All Saints Day

Copyright© 2004 by The Night Hawk

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 16: All Saints Day - Life's a bitch, baby. Then you die. Or do you? What IF you had a second chance? Be careful of what you wish for! Sometimes the shoe lands on the wrong foot!

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel   DoOver   Oral Sex   Petting  

The big day was finally here! The first game of the season, and the entire team had the day off from classes to rest up for our game against Catholic Central. Rest, however, was about the furthest thing from any of our minds as we sat around the cafeteria chewing on fried chicken.

For the last two weeks we had worked our asses off shaping a group of unexpectedly talented athletes into a coordinated team, and I thought we had done really well for such a small school. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately now I thought about it, we could only field six players at a time, and there were thirteen of us. We had an entire team in reserve! With substitutions and rotations, we should all get a chance to play, but we knew the importance of starting off strong. Catholic Central would not be expecting St. Ursula's to put up much of a fight, and were probably confident of an easy victory. They certainly weren't prepared for us!

Annette, our team captain, was determined to undermine their self-confidence in the opening minutes of the game and we went over the rules as we sat finishing our lunch.

"It's been fun during practice," she said, "but now it's game time. Wendy, I want you on the first rotation, Center Back and Patti, you'll be Front Left."

I thought that some of the older girls might resent that two juniors were in the starting six, but no one commented about it at all.

"I'll try and get everybody a shot at the game today," Annette continued, "but I want this to be the most stunning upset that Central has ever had. I don't want the papers to say we beat them today, I want them to say we whipped them!"

That brought a cheer!

"We're all going to the finals this year," Annette said, "so there will be plenty of opportunity for everyone to play, but I want this first game to be the one that will make all the other schools get really nervous!"

Another cheer!


The two weeks that had led to this day had been filled with practice and more practice. The school even called a seamstress to alter our uniforms as we lost weight from the hard pace we set ourselves. Courtesy of Sister Elizabeth, Wendy got an entire new wardrobe of school uniforms and gym outfits because she had lost the most weight, turning the remains of her puppy fat into muscle. She had seen the school nurse three times in those two weeks to monitor her weight loss and general health and each time came back to tell me the nurse was really happy with her progress. We had stuck to our diet of low carbs, high fiber, and protein and I noticed that others in the team were starting to copy our eating habits. We also worked on our basketball practice every night as well.

I survived my first period with only minor casualties, and every night I made sure that Wendy was kissed for every minute of my miserables. Our love-life hadn't gotten as far as the night I had first tasted her juices on my fingers, but we managed to keep up our cuddles and deep kissing, which was about all we could do as long as we were still in the dorm.

The other girls in the dorm were upset that we could keep our lights on till 11, and that we had food waiting for us after every practice, but a quiet word from one of the nuns had prevented any open hostility. While our dorm mates didn't exactly shun us, we weren't privy to any of their activities either. Not that it would have made much difference - we were hardly in the dorm room other than to sleep, but we were looking forward to next year when we might have a room of our own.

Classes went by quickly during this time and it was a good thing that Wendy and I were able to cruise through most of them without much effort. It seemed more like we were at school to play Volleyball and to make out with each other rather than to attend classes.

Father Ed and Sister Elizabeth stopped by on most practice nights and a number of the other nuns had started to come around as well to see what the fuss was all about. We had a fan club for the school's athletic department! The size of that fan club would surprise us all come game day.

Somebody must have talked to the Alumnae Association.


The game was to start at 7:00, and would be played at Catholic Central. Their court, home court advantage and all that stuff, but we had a good captain in Annette and super guidance from Sister Gabe.

Our meeting - psych session - broke up at 3:00; all of us felt positive about the game and that it would end in a win for St. Ursula's. Some of the girls went to lie down while others spent their time with crafts, books, or just relaxed and watched TV. By 6:00, we had all dressed and met in the gym where Father Ed blessed the team and we said a team prayer together. Since the majority of the girls were seniors it was accepted that St. Ursula's only played senior teams if another school had two teams.

I suppose I had expected a standard yellow school bus to take us to the game, but was amazed to see what waited for us outside the gym. It seems I wasn't the only one!

At first I had thought this was usual for the school, though I didn't remember it from my previous life, but it soon became apparent that none of the other girls had ever seen it before either! Somebody had a lot of faith in our talent.

There stood a deep blue luxury coach with tinted windows, and a sign written on the side in huge gold letters declaring "HERE COME THE SAINTS!" We climbed aboard to find it equipped with reclining bucket seats and excitedly talked about where it had come from - except for Annette who just sat quietly near the front with a small smile on her face.

The ride over was exciting and our adrenaline was pumping. I wondered if Catholic Central had any idea what was going to hit them!

That was not the last surprise before game time though. The driver pulled up at the auditorium doors and we were shocked to see the parking lot filled to capacity with luxury cars of all makes. As we got off the bus we saw CFPL-TV had a camera crew there. Hot Damn! Talk about feeling instant pressure!

Father Ed and Sister Elizabeth had ridden over with us, and along with Sister Gabe, led us to a classroom that had been set aside for us.

Sister Gabe was the one to break the news and try and get us focused, but even she was hyped up.

"Ladies, I realize that some of you are overwhelmed right now with the attention being given to our team, but this is still the same team that has worked so hard for this night. I want you to forget about the crowd and the TV and remember you are here to play a great game of Volleyball!"

"I have been told that it is standing room only in the gym, and Central is starting to get a bit nervous with all the people and all the attention. BUT... I want you girls to focus! This is what the game is all about. Play like you have been this past month and we will surely walk out of here tonight as victors, and we will ride on that lovely bus to every game to the finals!"

That brought on a cheer!

"Don't let yourselves get distracted, and behave like ladies. Treat the other team as rivals, but remain friendly and polite. Let's show them what good sportsmanship is all about!"

"I just have one request," said Sister Elizabeth, and everyone stopped talking instantly.

"I would like to see you girls enter that gym the way you have been at home. Run on to that court like the champions you are. You are the pride of our school and many people have gone out of their way to make this night possible. Play well, play fair and..." Sister Elizabeth blushed a bit, "and play to win!"

We responded with another cheer and then Father Ed opened the door and we took our positions in the hall.

When the auditorium doors were opened we let out with our war whoop and trotted into the gym, trying not to pay attention to the packed audience.

A brass band started playing, for God's sake, as we circled the court. I couldn't count how many pieces there were in the small group, but they started belting out "When the Saints go marching in."

Fuck! No performance anxiety on my part!

As per protocol we lined up on our side of the court and after scanning the crowd, shucked off our tracksuits. Sister Gabe told us again not to let our attention wander but to focus on the game. "You can look at the people when you are off the court," she said, but while you are on it, the only thing I want you to see is the ball!"

After the introductions and handshakes between coaches and team captains we took to the court. I think for the first time in my life, either one of them, I fully appreciated how Goliath must have felt when he met David. We were considered the worst sports school in the region. We had always been the underdogs and rarely won a game in any sport, while Catholic Central was the reigning division champion.

But this time - they were Napoleon and he had just met his Waterloo!

The coin toss won Central the first serve and as the rules specified, we couldn't block the serve, but Wendy was right under it, lifted it to me in one easy push and I spun and spiked it for our first point.

Five seconds in and we were up 1 - 0! Just 24 more to go for the set!


Annette served five times, each resulting in another point before we had to change servers. Jeannie rotated in and with a wicked smack just caught the top of the net causing the ball to slow and drop straight down for another point. The cheering of the crowd was deafening!

They returned her next serve and we volleyed the ball back with no chance to spike, but when Central's tallest player blocked a shot without spiking it Wendy managed to slide under it and raise it high enough for one of the other girls to slam it right into an open spot. Sister Gabe called a time out and sent in a substitute. Jeannie was still serving, but Wendy was now Back Right and I was Front Center. Two more rotations and I would be out of the set.

Central did manage to get two points in before the first set was done, and both Wendy and I had been rotated off the court by the time we took the first set 25 - 2. We were humiliating Central on their own court!

During the first break, Sister Gabe told us we were playing well and to keep it up. Annette decided who would start the next set and that gave Wendy and me a chance to look around at the crowd.

Linda and Julie had managed to get seats to this match and I felt a lump in my throat when I realized they were sitting with Einstein and his parents. My parents from... that other time... My eyes welled up.

Tom and Rita were cheering on our team and only looked at me when Patrick drew their attention to me. They all looked so happy. I was glad that Einstein was doing for them what I hadn't been able to do.


I didn't think a High School girls' Volleyball game would normally get this much interest - I mean, a TV crew for God's sake! - And I also saw a press photographer running around with his big camera. A lot of the crowd filling the bleachers looked professionally well dressed and I guessed that they belonged with the expensive cars in the parking lot, but they were cheering just as loudly as everyone else. It looked as if most of the audience were St Ursula's supporters.

The brass group played again during the three minute break, and though it was a corny song, they managed to make it swing with an amazing rendition using harmonic repeats that kept the crowd and the team excited.

I saw Ann and Mike sitting just two rows away from the O'Donnells and saw Einstein looking at them a few times before I was called in for a substitution.


We ended the game, a best two out of three set match, with a 25 - 4 score on the second set. The people in the stands went wild, but Sister Gabe reminded us of sportsmanship and good manners, so we shook hands with the 18 CCH players and thanked them for the game. Most looked stunned by our victory, and a couple looked ready to burst into tears at being beaten so easily by the worst performing team in the league.

I wanted very much to see Tom and Rita, but Sister Gabe told us we were to dress and get back on the bus as quickly as possible. Maybe it was just as well that I didn't get a chance to talk to them, as I wasn't sure how I would have reacted. The timing just didn't feel right, and I would have to talk to Einstein about this need.

Once we boarded the bus the reason for the big rush was obvious - waiting for us were piping hot pizzas and an ice chest full of cold sodas. We learned soon enough that it was courtesy of Sister Elizabeth Ann, and we all thanked her profusely. Instead of going directly back to the school, the coach driver took us on a leisurely tour of London's north end, taking most of an hour to get back to St Ursula's, during which time Wendy and I persuaded Father Ed to have some pizza.

We were all hot and sweaty and lowered the windows to help us cool off but I was looking forward to a hot shower, as I was sure we all were.

When we pulled into the St Ursula's parking lot, we saw it filled with the same cars that had been at CCH. Instead of dropping us off at the gym doors, the driver pulled up to the main entrance where Sister Gabe told us we had fifteen minutes to shower and change into fresh uniforms and then to meet outside of the gym. "Nobody is to go in, understand?" she said with a mischievous grin.

The semi private rooms for the seniors and the 'paid way' students were on the East wing, closer to the gym, while the dorm rooms were on the West wing. Wendy and I started off at a trot when Sister Elizabeth called us back.

"You girls won't have time to shower in your dorm in time to get back here in fifteen minutes," she said. "Here, use this room for now," she said, giving Wendy a key.

"But, we won't have fresh uniforms to change into," said Wendy.

"Trust me, ladies. It's been taken care of," said the principal.

I glanced at Wendy to see her returning my puzzled look, but we just said our thanks and headed to the room.

Wendy turned the key and stopped dead in her tracks. Being behind her gave me the advantage of looking over her head, but her abrupt stop bounced me back.

"Holy shit, Pete!" she said. "Damn!"

"What?" I asked impatiently. "Hurry up, Wendy. We've only got ten minutes!"

She turned and let me see the room.

Sweet Jesus!

I'm sure my jaw hit my chest as I realized what Wendy was babbling about. All of our clothes and uniforms and personal effects were in the room!

There was a note on one of the beds. Wendy tore it open and we read:

"To Wendy and Patti. No matter how the game went tonight, the St. Ursula's Alumnae Association has decided that based on your academic standing and your very welcome addition to our sports department, you deserve this room. May you enjoy it the entire time you are at St. Ursula's."

Jesus... there were even flowers in a vase on the desk!

I lifted Wendy up in the air and twirled her around the room as she squealed with delight! OUR room!

Two real beds! And a large closet along with two dressers and two comfortable chairs with a small table in between! But most important was the lock on the door!

Wendy couldn't stop giggling, but we checked out the bathroom, realized the shower was just big enough for the two of us and we quickly stripped and jumped into the water.

I swear we washed each other more than we did ourselves, but we were kissing the entire time.

"Hurry," I said to her as she was brushing her teeth. I had already done mine and I was brushing Wendy's curly hair trying to tie it back into a ponytail. We really needed to get our hair cut!

As we slipped on clean underwear and uniforms we hugged once more. "Just wait until tonight," I said. "No more interruptions! Just Eruptions!"


We weren't the last ones back to the gym, and it made me wonder that maybe Wendy and I weren't the only ones on the team enjoying a 'close' relationship!

Finally, with all thirteen team members itching to find out what was going on in the gym, the doors were opened. While we had expected to enter with our regular war whoop, we were instead blasted by the brass band that had played 'our' theme song at CCH. The place was packed!

Our trot in slowed as the crowd cheered, and we ended up walking a lap of honor around the gym, waving at family and classmates and all the while laughing and grinning our heads off. I saw Mike and Ann sitting proud as punch with Linda and Julie and only wished that Einstein was here to share in my glory - after all, it was her body that got me here! Sister Gabe eventually had us sit on chairs behind the podium set up at one end of the gym where Sister Elizabeth Ann stood waiting, a broad smile on her face.

She turned on the microphone, "Members of the Alumnae Association," she began, and an earsplitting squeal echoed through the hall. It died out almost immediately, but not before she shot a look off to where one of the nuns was fiddling with the public address system.

"Members of the Alumnae Association," she said a little quieter, "Parents, students. Tonight is an auspicious occasion for a number of reasons and I thank you all for being here to celebrate it with us."

She paused to look around the gym at all the faces intent on her.

"Our school has a long and proud history of academic achievement, but this is the first time in living memory that a team from this school has dominated a sporting event as we saw tonight. These girls, this team, set themselves a goal, prepared themselves, and tonight achieved that goal!"

The wave of applause was deafening, slowly petering out as she waited.

"They have shown us tonight that with preparation, determination and teamwork, we all have the ability to win our goals, and I know that these girls have a further dream in mind - to win the Regional Championship for the first time ever!"

The crowd exploded into applause, with some of the fathers - and their daughters - letting loose piercing whistles.

Sister Elizabeth stood there smiling for a minute or so as the applause continued unabated, but the crowd quieted almost immediately when she raised her hand.

"I'd now like to call on Father Edward McManus to say a few words."

Father Ed started by thanking the Alumnae Association for their generous support, mentioned Sister Gabe's superb coaching effort, but then seemed at a loss for words.

"Er, the girls have worked very hard for this, and, and they have put in a lot of their own time practicing..."

Finally I stage-whispered, "Say thank you, to God!"

Father Ed stopped talking and the gym went quiet as he turned to me and smiled.

"Patricia Johnson... Patti to her friends... has just reminded me that of all those we should thank, we should give thanks to our Lord." He held out his hand to me, and slowly I rose to stand beside him, taking his hand in mine. The nuns were the next to stand and then the entire auditorium rose as he prompted me to start the prayer.

"Our Father... " I began, and then everyone joined in.

"Which Art in Heaven," responded the auditorium, and a thrill ran down my back as I realized for the first time ever the sensation of leading a crowd, holding them enthralled with my words, conducting them with the Lord's word in this case...

We finished the prayer and Sister Elizabeth took over the podium again. "When I approached the Alumnae Association to assist this evening, I asked if they could provide transportation for our team. Our next speaker responded in a truly spectacular fashion. Please welcome Mr. Robert Denure, the owner of London Coach Lines."

Warm applause accompanied a stocky, fit looking businessman as he strode purposefully to the podium from his seat in the bleachers.

"My late wife graduated from St Ursula's," he began, in a manner accustomed to public speaking, "and two of my children, er, the girls, that is..." that got a small laugh, "... have graduated from this great school, which draws daughters from fine families across the country to get one of the best educations this country can offer."

Sister Elizabeth seemed to be turning pink at his effusive praise.

"But in this day and age, academic excellence doesn't make headlines."

I was thinking to myself that in 2003 things weren't much different!

"Tomorrow, I will be able to point to the paper and tell people 'That's where my daughter goes to school!'" He surprised me by turning to smile at Annette who mouthed back 'Hi Daddy', then turned back to the microphone. "And I learnt another thing from Sister Gabrielle tonight - the dedication and hard work these young ladies have applied to being the very best has inspired other students to approach her about joining competitive teams in other sports!"

Sister Gabe looked a little smug, while Sister Elizabeth looked at her amazed. It was obviously news to her as well.

"Therefore, I will dedicate the bus we used tonight for the use of this school for the entire year, for class trips big and small, and of course to every VOLLEYBALL GAME! GO SAINTS!" he hollered.

The auditorium erupted with cheers!

A few more speakers offered their congratulations, then Sister Elizabeth adjourned us all to the dining room where the catering staff had set up tables of finger food, tea, coffee and sodas. On the way, I told Wendy I felt bad her parents weren't able to come see their daughter play.

She stopped me, looking into my eyes. "I used to be a fat, lonely geek, even if you did think I was cuddly. And it used to upset me terribly when my parents wouldn't make time for me. But now, I'm in love, and I'm an elite athlete and I'm one of the most popular girls in school! And it's all thanks to you!"

I wanted to kiss her so bad! Hug her and squeeze her and make love to her right on the spot. I whispered in her ear. "When we get back to our room, I'll show you how much I love you!"

"Oh, yes please," she whispered back. Then looking past my shoulder she added in a normal tone "anyway, I seem to have some extra parents!"

I turned around to see Mike and Ann walking toward us.

"You guys played great!" said Mike, hugging us both.

Wendy straightened up first, only to be hugged by Ann. "Honey, your earrings look great!" She reached to draw me into their embrace. "Honey," she said to me, "Your earrings look just wonderful, too. Have you had any trouble with them?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.