Twice Lucky II: Time for a Change - Cover

Twice Lucky II: Time for a Change

Copyright© 2003 by Joe J

Chapter 27

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 27 - The story of Jake Turner continues... If you knew then, what you know now, how would you act?

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Science Fiction   Time Travel   DoOver   Group Sex   Safe Sex   Oral Sex  

A conflicted Jake sat looking out the window of the Yankee’s chartered Boeing 727. He was bursting with excitement at the prospect of pitching in the Major Leagues, but he was already missing his family. The prospect of spending the first night in almost six months not snuggled up with his wife was a bummer. He was also going to seriously miss his son, Leslie, and Nina. Baby Jacob had graduated to toddler Jacob just last week by taking a few shaky steps for his dada. Leslie and Nina’s good natured playfulness and teasing always made him feel good. Jake decided he had better find something else to think about or he was going to make himself miserable.

Spring training had been a great experience this year. He felt more like a true member of the team now and less in awe of his teammates. They in turn treated him as one of them and not just some hopeful rookie. He still got more than his share of ribbing but it was mostly good natured grousing. His teammates grunted about the level of physical fitness Jake started camp with because the coaches worked them harder to get them into the same shape. They teased him about women a lot. It took only a few games in the small venues they played in Florida for the word to spread among the groupies that a hunky new guy was on the team. Women started filling the stands near the Yankee bullpen for every game.

Melissa was a major partner in the Yankee’s ownership consortium now, having bought out two other members. She told George Steinbrenner she wanted nothing to do with the day to day activities of the team but wanted to have a say in the merchandising of Yankee paraphernalia. She convinced Steinbrenner to start the Yankees Marketing Group and had Sven put it together. Maui Jake’s surf shops became the point retailer of officially licensed Yankee merchandise. Later, the link between Maui Jake’s and Jake Turner’s play for the Yankees would translate into booming sales.

Jake convinced Billy Martin to let him practice with the outfielders as often as possible. Jake had a good relationship with the volatile former Yankee second baseman turned manager. Jake never once gave Billy anything to go off about. Jake practiced and played hard, was respectful, and listened to what his manager had to say. Martin saw the potential in Jake, not just as a pitcher but also as a versatile player who could field different positions and wield the bat better than most. Martin also thought that Jake was as fine a young man as he had ever met. Jake’s devotion to his family and commitment to his military duty set well with someone of Martin’s generation.

Billy Martin was also crazy about Jake’s family. Melissa had the manager over for dinner at least once a week and totally charmed the usually irascible Martin. Billy was on his best behavior around Melissa, not because she was an owner of the team - hell, he cussed out Steinbrenner, regularly - she just somehow brought out the best in him. Baby Jake thought that Billy was a hoot and loved to pick at his mustache. At the Turner’s condominium, Martin was relaxed and free of his inner demons. Billy promised Melissa that he would take care of Jake while the team was on the road. Melissa gave Billy a grateful smile and kissed his cheek. She knew Jake was capable of taking care of himself but she was touched by the offer. If you wanted the Yankee’s firebrand manager up your ass like Preparation H, all you needed to do was say something negative about Melissa.

The charter jet landed in Baltimore for a three game season opening series, Jake did not pitch in the series. From Baltimore they flew to Detroit for two games. Jake pitched two and a third innings in the first game. He came in after Detroit shelled number four starter Ralph Avery for five runs in the third inning. He retired all seven batters he faced and stranded the two base runners he had inherited. From Detroit, the Yankees came home to their first game in the newly renovated ‘House that Ruth Built.’ On Sunday, April 25th 1976, a beautiful spring day, the Yankees took the field against the Boston Red Sox for a double header.

While Jake was busy loafing in the bullpen, a newly returned Trish was busy establishing them a home in New York. She found a nice large apartment on the upper west side and a smaller apartment on the same floor. She rented them both and had them furnished. The Turner’s now had a New York base of operations with four bedrooms and an office that was a fifteen minute cab ride from Yankee Stadium. The apartments were in a secure building with a doorman. A keyed elevator was the only way to get to the floor they occupied.

Trish the Dish was even more mellow after her return from Hawaii. She evoked the calm acceptance of life that was the hallmark of the islanders. She brought home these really cool breast-baring sarongs for her and the girls. They were so sexy they drove Jake crazy. The women loved them because they were comfortable ... and because they drove their man crazy.

By the Yankees’ third home stand, Jake was out of hotels and in the apartment. He and Trish spent some quality time in the rack as Trish tried to make up for three months of celibacy. Yes, she had offered the good stuff to Kane, and no, he did not take it. Jake knew right then that Kane was more man than most. Trish and Jake both thought the big bed she had installed in the master suite was not the same without the rest of the family in it. That little problem would be solved in early June when Melissa, Leslie, Jake, and Nina moved up.

Faith Phillips was not coming up until mid July. Faith was going to stay in Palmdale to be with her sister Hope when she returned from Julliard. Everyone was worried about Faith’s twin sister. Hope was turning into a wildly rebellious young woman for some reason. Jake promised Faith and Hope’s mom Diane, that he would check out what was going on to cause her to change so radically. As soon as the twins came back to New York, Jake was going to hook Hope up with Trish for some counseling.

Jake did not much care for the bullpen, as it was even worse than the army when it came to hurry up and wait. Jake tried to keep up with the game, but being so far removed from the action made that nearly impossible. He settled for reading and studying while occasionally checking on how his team was doing. The saving grace in the pen was Harry Wilson, the bullpen coach. Although his name was Harry, everyone called him Sir Harold, because he was a Shakespearian actor in the off-season. Harry affected an aristocratic English accent and was always quoting or paraphrasing the bard.

“Arise, young Jacob, and be ye festinate, for your time is anon,” Harry would say when Billy Martin called for a left handed reliever to get ready.

Harry’s skill as an actor was defined by his position with the Yankees. Harry, when not under pressure, could deliver lines that would have made Olivier proud. Trouble was, once the heat was put to his feet, old Harry nervously fell back into the patois of his native Mississippi Delta. Club house legend held that Harry once auditioned for the part of Julius Caesar in an off Broadway production. He was in contention for the part until he delivered the now infamous lines:

“Ya’ll too, Cletus?”

Jake’s problem with being in the bullpen was that Billy Martin did not call for a left handed reliever that often. Jake met with the manager one afternoon with an idea. Jake asked if he could play off the bench as either an outfielder, pinch hitter, or maybe even occasionally as designated hitter. He said that he could still come in to relieve, even if he was playing. Martin thought about it for a minute and said he would give it a try. Martin reasoned that the Yankees were not getting any production out of the right fielders’ spot in the lineup anyway, no matter who was platooned there. Maybe the kid could put a fire under their ass. Jake thanked Billy for his time and hustled out of the mangers office before he whooped.

Billy’s decision would make him look like a genius. More importantly to him it earned him another kiss from Melissa, something he valued right up there with his World Series rings. Billy penciled Jake in as right fielder for that night’s game. When the lineup was posted in the club house Jake ran to the phone and called Muffy.

“Tell Trish to bring an extra pair of panties to the game tonight,” he said, alluding to Trish’s statement that she would pee herself if she saw him on the field at the stadium.

Jake had a good game going in the field that night. He had two hits and scored a run. He had even thrown out a runner who had tested Jake’s arm by trying to stretch out a single. The Yanks were holding on to a one run lead into the bottom of the sixth when big lefty Bruce Lewis came to the plate with the bases loaded and two outs. The fans let out a groan because Bruce had Gary Wright, the Yankees starter’s number. He had already hit two doubles and a dinger that night.

Billy suddenly had a brainstorm and called time. He strolled out to the mound and took the ball from Gary. Martin turned around, pointed to Jake, and then called the umpire out to the mound. After a brief conference with the home plate umpire, a bewildered Gary trotted out to right field and Jake took the mound. Jake threw his five warm up pitches then stepped off the mound as Munson came out to talk to him.

“Ok, Rookie, this guy likes to crowd the plate and he eats up anything from the center of the plate out. You don’t have any place to put him - so keep the ball inside and try to make him pull it.”

Joke nodded his understanding and roughed up the ball as Munson returned to behind the plate. The ump yelled “Play Ball” when Munson reassumed his crouch. Jake looked in for the sign and picked the correct one from among the decoys. Fast ball inside, was what Munson wanted. Jake smiled to himself as the wily Munson set up on the outside to confuse Lewis. Jake went into the stretch and blazed a ninety-seven mile-an-hour white missile toward the plate. His aiming point was a spot two inches below Lewis’ chin. Lewis snapped his head back and stumbled out of the batters box as Munson made an elaborate lunge to catch the ball.

“Damn, the Rookie is wild tonight, must be the adrenaline,” Munson griped.

Lewis stuck out his chin belligerently and reassumed his stance. Jake took the sign and wound up again. This time his fast ball was right on the mark, low and on the inside corner. Strike one. Lewis thought it was a ball inside, he glared at the ump and dug back in. Jake delivered his next pitch in the same place. Wilson tried to turn on the pitch but was too slow. He launched a booming fly ball about a half-mile but well foul down the third base side.

Munson then called the pitch he had been setting Lewis up for. Jake bobbed his head and went into his windup. The ball snapped off his fingertips and rocketed towards Wilson’s head again. Wilson flinched back and realized too late that the ball was curving away from him. The ball passed the frozen batter and smacked resoundingly into Munson’s mitt. The umpire pointed at Wilson and jerked his thumb into the air.

“Strike three,” the ump yelled.

Lewis started arguing vehemently as Munson rolled the ball toward the mound. Jake trotted off the field and Billy Martin slapped him on the back as he shuffled down the dugout steps. Munson shook his hand and told him nice job, as did Gary Wright. Jake reassumed right field at the top of the seventh and Gary completed the remainder of the game.

Jake showered and snuck out of the club house after doing one newspaper interview. The press was mostly mobbing Billy Martin with questions about his bold managerial decision. Jake’s family was waiting for him in a limo in the players’ parking lot. Melissa had decided she wanted nothing to do with driving in city traffic so she had contracted with a limo company for ground transportation. Jake received a ton of sweet hugs and kisses from the excited women as he settled into the back of the car. Jake looked meaningfully at Trish.

“I didn’t pee in them,” she said, “but they are still wet. I swear when you struck out that guy I climaxed.”

Nina giggled and said, “Me too. It was the most exciting thing I’ve ever seen.”

Jake’s stint as a utility player/relief pitcher was short lived. He was thrust into the pitching rotation when Gary Wright tore his rotator cuff covering first on a slow rolling grounder. The collision at first base ended Gary’s season. Jake took his place in the pitching rotation and was listed as the number five starter on the depth chart. The number five starter did not start every fifth game because Billy Martin used a four man rotation. Instead, the number five guy filled in to insure each starter received three days rest between starts. Jake still came out of the bull pen when absolutely needed, but mostly he pitched when double headers or missed starts screwed-up the normal rotation.

On July first, right before the All-star Game break, Martin posted the probable starting assignments for pitchers through the end of July. Jake would make his first start in Yankee Stadium on July tenth. The manager and coaches had worked out the rotation in advance to factor in Jake’s two week National Guard annual training that started on the twelfth of July.

Jake had flown down to Deland to check his unit and square away his equipment during the All-star break. During his brief stay in Florida, he visited friends and family, inviting them to the game as his guests. While he was inviting some members of his unit, he came up with the idea of making tickets to the game available free to military men and women. He visited Sven and asked what he thought of the idea. Sven thought it was great and they exchanged a few ideas. Sven called the supplier of his advertising supplies and found out the guy had a stock of small American flags a client had ordered and not accepted.

Jake next called Melissa in New York and asked her to talk to Steinbrenner and see if he would support the idea. George thought it was a good idea, also. He was a veteran and a patriotic guy to boot. So it was set, Saturday, July 10, 1976 was declared military day at Yankee Stadium. Active duty military would be admitted free and every fan would receive a small flag. Steinbrenner’s public relations team hustled into action getting a color guard from West Point and invited a few dignitaries. Sven, after checking with Melissa and Trish, asked Leslie if she wanted to make her public debut singing the National Anthem at the game. Leslie said she would, providing Jake was ok with the idea.

Jake had the Yankee public relations people put out the word to the public affairs offices at Fort Hamilton on Long Island, West Point, and Bayonne Navy Station that their troops were invited to the stadium on the tenth. All the troops had to do was let the public affairs people know they were coming so tickets could be set aside for them. Melissa and Jake guaranteed payment for every ticket given out.

On the day of the game, Yankee Stadium was sold out - including standing room only. An estimated sixty-two thousand people jammed into the park. It was a beautiful summer day, clear, and eighty-two degrees at game time. At two in the afternoon, the public address announcer called for everyone’s attention.

“Ladies and Gentleman, please rise as we honor America and our brave men and women in uniform. We are pleased today to have TnT Records recording artist Leslie Wellington sing our National Anthem in her first public appearance.”

The crowd was hushed as on cue, Leslie walked out of the Yankee dugout and approached the microphone set up in front of home plate. A collective gasp went up when the small girl appeared. Small anyway, she looked positively elfin wearing Jake’s royal blue warm-up jacket that hung almost to her knees. The crowd was shuffling impatiently when Leslie’s voice rose sweet, strong and pure all around them. Leslie belted out what every newspaper in New York claimed was one of the finest rendering of the Star Spangled Banner anyone at the game had ever heard. When she hit the last note of the song, the stands were deathly silent.

“God bless the United States of America and the men and women of our Armed Forces. GO YANKEES! GO Jake! WOOHOO!” she yelled, pumping her fist.

The stadium broke into pandemonium, as the standing mass cheered and stamped their feet. Leslie waved and trotted back to the Yankee dugout. Jake met her at the top step and she jumped into his arms. Leslie had to come out and take two bows before the fans would quiet down enough to let the teams take the field. Jake walked with her to the tunnel leading to the dressing rooms.

“Oh, Jake, I hope I don’t pass out, I was so scared and nervous until I started singing. Then I was so pumped up I am afraid I acted like an idiot,” Leslie said.

Jake kissed her and said, “I’ve heard that song thousands of times and never has it sounded that good. You were amazing, now go cheer for me and enjoy the game.”

She rose on her tiptoes and kissed him, then an usher led her away to her seat. Jake turned around and trotted out of the dugout and up to the mound. Munson threw Jake the ball and Jake kicked the dirt around the pitching rubber to get comfortable. The public address announcer introduced the Boston Red Sox, then started on the Yankees lineup as Jake threw his four warm up pitches. Munson had just thrown the ball down to second when the PA announcer introduced him.

“And making his Yankee Stadium debut as a starting pitcher, number fifty, Jake ‘the Snake’, Turner.”

What the hell was that all about, Jake wondered, as Munson took the ball last in the throw around and walked it to Jake. Sven and the Yankee PR flacks had decided to give Jake a nickname.

“Mr. Munson, I’m pumped up and my arm feels really good. I want to throw some fast balls early and often tonight if you don’t mind.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.