Twice Lucky II: Time for a Change
Chapter 22

Copyright© 2003 by Joe J

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 22 - The story of Jake Turner continues... If you knew then, what you know now, how would you act?

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Science Fiction   Time Travel   DoOver   Group Sex   Safe Sex   Oral Sex  

Jake tried not to act too excited about his life; but, Jeez Louise, it was so good - how could he not. He loved playing baseball, even in the low minors. He was not crazy about traveling on a bus, or the Spartan motel lifestyle. Thankfully, his mainstay wife would make it tolerable. Melissa rented a furnished condominium for them in Tampa. She stayed with him while he was at the training facility working with McMurray and stayed for the five game home stand that followed Jake’s assignment to the Tampa Yankees. Melissa came to every game he pitched, at home or on the road. She sat with the other players’ wives behind the dugout and cheered his every pitch or time at bat.

Jake stayed at the ranch for five days while the Yanks played the Daytona Cubs twice and then the Lakeland Tigers. Jake pitched one of the games against the Cubs at historic Jackie Robinson Stadium. He had family and friends at the game as well as a large contingent of well-wishers from Palmdale and Stetson. Jake sent them home happy by throwing a one-hitter, and frosting the cake by hitting a homerun. He bached it for the next six days on the road, then he and Muffy were back at the Tampa condominium for a week. Jake missed the last three-day road trip of the season because it was a drill weekend for his Guard unit and the start of an entirely new and unexpected adventure.

On Saturday morning, September 28, 1974, Jake and his squad were pulling preventive maintenance on their M113A1, Armored Personnel Carrier, when the company clerk came for Jake.

“Sergeant Turner, the company commander wants to see you, ASAP,” the clerk said in the officious tone that all clerks seemed to affect.

Jake turned the detail over to his senior fire-team leader, Corporal Mendoza, and followed the clerk to the orderly room. Jake reported to his company commander and was surprised to see the battalion commander there as well.

“At ease, Sergeant,” the CO said, “Have a seat. Colonel Rogers wants to talk to you.”

Jake turned to the battalion commander and waited for him to speak.

“Congratulations on graduating from college, Sergeant Turner, and also for signing with the Yankees. I watched the game you pitched against the Cubs. You mowed them down. Captain Green here tells me that you had a clause put in your contract that allows you to still pull your regular drills. You are a most unusual young man, Sergeant, and, thank God, unusual in a good way. You are hands-down the best soldier either of us have ever commanded. So, when an opportunity came up to send a soldier to OCS, we nominated you. If you accept, the only caveat is that you have to fill a vacancy in the class that starts just ten days from now. The soldier from State Headquarters that was supposed to go, broke his leg in a car wreck. The Adjutant General wanted someone who could make a good showing on short notice. I convinced him that you were that soldier.”

“Thank you, Sir, that’s quite an honor. I need to talk this over with my wife, however, before I can give you an answer,” Jake said in an even tone that did not betray his inner excitement at going to Officer Candidate School.

“Of course, Son, I know how that works. Give your lovely wife my regards. We are going to need your answer tomorrow, however, as this is a hot issue at State Headquarters right now. General Pulaski doesn’t want to lose one of the few seats we get at OCS.”

“I understand, Sir. You will have my answer in the morning,” Jake said.

After he left the orderly room, Jake had a chance to reflect on the offer. He definitely wanted to go. He had turned down OCS in his former career to go to Vietnam with his buddies. Back then it had probably been a wise decision. In no way was he officer material then. He was wild and a little crazy. This time he was ready and, if you are in a parade, why not lead it. His big concern was leaving his Muffy at home with a bun in the oven while he went off to play soldier. Jake stewed about it the rest of the day as he and his squad practiced immediate action drills on the large field next to the armory.

When Jake told Melissa about the OCS offer, her reaction was typical Muffy.

“You’re going, no question. You just aren’t going without me, soldier boy,” she said.

Melissa said that she would make arrangements for her night class with the professor. She was undeterred when Jake told her he would have to live in the barracks for at least the first month. They would spend as much time together as they could. She accepted that he would be busy.

The other big news from back at the ranch concerned Leslie. The women had concluded that ordinary school was a waste for Leslie. The middle school staff agreed and wanted to advance her to high school. Trish concluded that home schooling was an even better choice. Leslie was happy with the arrangement. Trish purchased a complete seventh-grade curriculum and Leslie spent an hour or two a day meeting its requirements. She also took piano lessons three days a week and voice instruction on the other two weekdays.

By the time they went to bed that night, the women had a plan. Jake would report to Fort Benning as directed. Melissa and Leslie would come up a couple of weeks later and find them a place to stay. Trish would hold down the home fort while they were gone. She would come to visit as much as she could and would stay in Georgia during the times that Melissa had to return to Palmdale for business or school. It was a good plan, although it would take some coordinating.

Jake gave his confirmation to Captain Green the next morning. Green was an OCS officer himself so he gave Jake the lowdown on what to expect and what to avoid. The OCS class he was attending was branch immaterial, which meant that Jake would be commissioned a second lieutenant without a branch designation. Jake would attend the Infantry Officer’s Basic Course thru the National Guard. As a result, his OCS would be fifteen weeks long. He would return a week before his reporting date for spring training. Jake went to the supply room and drew four new sets of fatigues and a new pair of boots. He would pick up anything else he needed at Benning. The CO cut him loose early and Jake went home to start getting his ducks in a row.

After a whirlwind week of preparation, Jake headed out Saturday morning at six. It was an eight-hour drive to Fort Benning. He wanted to arrive early in the afternoon so he could have a day and a half to get settled in. The drive was uneventful and uninspiring, the landscape rolling past the car windows was the same repetitious scene of cotton fields and pecan groves. Jake made good time and rolled into the Victory Drive Gate at two-thirty. The MP at the gate gave him directions to the Infantry Center and School and the building number that housed the OCS orderly room.

Jake checked in at the orderly room. The Charge of Quarters issued him a set of linens and gave him his room assignment. Jake went to the third floor, found his double room, and started hauling his things up from his car. He tottered into the room with his second load when he noticed that his new roommate was back. He stuck his hand out and introduced himself.

“Jake Turner,” he said, “looks like you are stuck with me for the next few months.”

“Morris Turner, but call me Mo. I hope the cadre will be able to tell us apart,” Morris said.

Jake had to laugh at that. Mo Turner was about five-foot six, wiry, and black. Their cadre platoon sergeant dubbed them ‘Turner, Mutt’ and ‘Turner, Jeff’ after the comic strip pals created by Bud Fisher and inked for almost half a century by Al Smith.

Jake and Mo were linked together as room-mates because their names were next to each other on the class roster. They were likewise paired up for every activity for the remainder of the school. That was just fine for both of them because they got along well together and were an effective team. Mo Turner was as motivated as anyone Jake had ever met. He was a classic, driven overachiever. Mo had worked hard for his seat in OCS. He applied and was accepted while serving as a squad leader in the Eighty-Second Airborne Division. He had applied once before but had been turned down because he did not have two years of college. He doggedly attended night school for three years to earn the required sixty credits.

Morris Turner’s one big problem was being separated from his wife and son. Because he was on temporary duty at OCS en route to a new assignment, he had to give up his base housing at Fort Bragg. His wife was staying with her folks in Spartanburg, South Carolina, a long six-hour drive from Benning. Mo was a family man and missed them terribly. Jake mentioned Mo’s plight to Melissa as they were talking on the phone one evening during his first week and wondered if they could do anything about it. Muffy said she would give it some thought. That was all Jake needed to hear.

Officer Candidate School was a great experience for Jake. His classmates were all superior soldiers and the course was challenging. The first two weeks were intentionally rigorous and demanding, designed to weed out the marginal candidates. They lost about ten percent of the class. Those that remained were top-notch. Jake and Mo were both at the top of the class competing in friendly rivalry for the number one position. They helped each other out, as there was no bitterness in their competition.

Melissa and Leslie arrived in Columbus on Jake’s second Friday at OCS around noon. Dave Larson had flown her up in the Lear. She had a rental Corvette, in her signature red, waiting for her. The rental paperwork was ready to sign, and the nose of the car was soon pointed to the highway. She and Leslie were able to check into the Marriott less than an hour after they touched down. Dave loaded the women’s bags into a cab and sent it after them. Melissa started calling real estate agents after she and Leslie had lunch at the motel’s restaurant. The third call netted an agent who was not condescending or dismissive. Melissa made an appointment for three and took directions to the man’s office. By three-fifteen, she had his total rapt attention as she discussed her needs. Melvin Randolph did not become a million dollar a year agent by being stupid or slow on the uptake.

“Mrs. Turner, if you and Mr. Turner will meet me here at noon tomorrow, I will have at least three properties, probably more, to show you - one or more, I hope, will meet your needs,” he said.

Melissa and Leslie left the real estate office at four and headed towards the base. They were both about to explode trying to hold in their excitement about seeing Jake. Melissa got directions from the MP at the front gate and headed towards the Infantry School. Leslie and Melissa got a good laugh at how hard he had tried not to look at Melissa’s legs as he leaned down to talk to her through the window. At five-oh-five, the two women were standing at the edge of the company area waiting for the formation to be dismissed. As soon as the platoon leader said dismissed, Jake made a bee-line to where they were standing. He swept Melissa up in his arms and kissed her fiercely.

“I’ve missed you like crazy, Muffy,” he said.

“I’m here now, Baby,” Melissa said. “Here where I belong.”

Jake disentangled himself from Melissa and pulled a smiling Leslie into his arms.

“And I missed you too, my little sweetie. I always feel better when you are around.”

Jake kissed her. He meant it to be a chaste buss but Leslie had other ideas. She slipped her tongue into his mouth. When he pulled back, she flashed her crooked little grin.

“I love you, Jacob Turner, and I missed you more than I thought I ever would.”

The three talked for a minute before Jake went into the barracks to get Mo. His classmates ribbed him about not hurting himself over the weekend as he bounded up the stairs. Jake changed into jeans and a sweatshirt, grabbed the bag he had packed for the weekend, and pulled a reluctant Mo outside with him. Jake introduced Mo to Melissa and Leslie. Morris Turner was impressed with both ladies. Seeing Jake so happy with his family made him miss his own even more. Melissa immediately saw how he felt and took pains to make him more comfortable. She invited him to dinner with them and would not take no for an answer.

They piled into Jake’s Honda and headed for a steakhouse near the base. Melissa got Mo to talk about his family. Mo told her his wife, Charlene, was a school teacher on hiatus from the classroom until their son Michael was in school himself. Like Jake, Melissa and Leslie took an immediate liking to Mo.

“Morris, I think I have a solution to two of our problems. Leslie is very bright and regular school was not doing much for her. So, we have set up a home-school program for her. I dread the idea of having to interview and vet a new tutor for our stay here. Do you think Charlene would consider moving down here to work with Leslie, if I found us two apartments close together?” Melissa asked.

Mo looked at Jake quizzically. Jake had never mentioned money and lived like the rest of his classmates. Now his wife was talking about hiring his wife as a private teacher. Melissa caught his confused look.

“Morris, money is not a problem for me and you would be helping us out. If my husband says you are a good guy, I know it’s a fact. I’ll bet that Charlene is even nicer than you. What do you say? Will you at least mention it to her?”

Mo agreed quickly, it was the answer to his prayers. Jake looked on happily. Leave it to Muffy to solve both their problems in one fell swoop. The rest of the meal went great. Mo was animated and excited about getting his family here. He was also amazed and intrigued by Leslie. It was obvious that she was not all white. When he asked her how she was related to Jake, she smiled warmly before answering.

“Jacob is my adopted father. He saved me from being in an orphanage after my parents were killed in a car wreck. He is the most special man in the world. One day he is going to be president,” she said with absolute conviction.

Jake blushed down to the roots of his hair as both women looked at him adoringly. Mo’s already high opinion of his roommate went up another notch. They finished their meal and Jake drove Morris back to the billets. Mo thanked them profusely as he got out of the car. He could not wait until he could call Charlene with the news.

Jake followed Muffy back to the suite at the Marriott. Leslie said she was going to watch television in the small living room while Jake and Melissa got reacquainted. Melissa’s cries of passion soon had her not actually watching the television - with her panties off and her nimble fingers under her dress. With practiced ease, she fingered herself to a delicious orgasm as Melissa wailed her release in the bedroom. Jacob, she decided, was going to have to start taking care of her needs also. After all, she was one of his women and it was his duty.

A very satisfied Melissa came out to get Leslie for bed an hour later. Melissa made an exception tonight and had Jake sleep in the middle. Leslie took Jake’s hand and pulled it to her breast. She sighed contentedly as he tweaked her nipple. Her breasts were still growing and were more sensitive than ever. His touch was infinitely more pleasurable than when she did it herself. She was content with just this for the time being, but soon she was going to introduce him to the rest of her body. Just the thought of that made her lubricate. She would be thirteen in a few weeks and puberty was just around the corner. She seriously doubted there had ever been anyone more ready than she was.

The next afternoon, the three went looking at rental properties with realtor Melvin Randolph. Jake was rapidly tiring of the exercise after the third place that Muffy turned down. The ones she had rejected had all looked good to him. The fourth property was a newly remodeled duplex in a quiet neighborhood about four miles from the base. Melissa perked up as soon as she saw it. After a tour of the inside, she said it was ideal and they would take both sides. Back at Melvin’s office, they called the duplex’s owner. He wanted a one year lease, Melissa countered with six months cash up front. After a little haggling, they settled on seven months, paid in advance. Melissa wrote out a check and gave it to Melvin who, in return, handed her the keys.

Their next stop was the newly opened Columbus branch of Turner Furniture and Appliance Superstores. Melissa met with one of the staff designers and told her what she wanted. The designer was young and new in the business. Her eyes grew big at Melissa’s request that she take charge to completely furnish and decorate the two apartments.

“Make them nice to very nice,” Melissa told her, “but not ostentatious.”

Melissa gave the woman a retainer and carte blanche. Melissa’s only requirement was that the apartments needed to be ready to move into in two weeks and that, when they moved in, everything should be there except for groceries in the fridge. Melissa wanted them to be able to move in as soon as Jake was allowed to live off base. During the whole transaction, Jake never mentioned that he was a member of the family that owned the store. It was a testament to TFA corporate policy that he did not have to invoke the family name to get exceptional service. The designer did notice the name on the check, but any hint of connection was swept away by exciting thoughts about having the freedom to do a great job and show her talents.

Jake, Melissa, and Leslie spent the rest of the afternoon exploring Columbus, Georgia. Columbus sat on the banks of the Chatahoochie River, which divides Georgia and Alabama. It started as a mill town powered by the swiftly flowing river. By now, most of the mills had closed and the sprawling military base sustained the city. Jake also took them across the river to Phoenix City, Alabama. Phoenix City once existed just to provide a diversity of vices to attract and then fleece soldiers from Fort Benning. Although cleaned up some by the mid-seventies, a GI still did not have to look hard to find a hooker or a floating craps game. Rumor had it that there were a couple of illegal casinos still in operation.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.