Dance of a Lifetime
Chapter 71: Back at Nationals

Copyright© 2003 by Don Lockwood

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 71: Back at Nationals - Two kids meet. She has a boyfriend. He's much better for her. Can he tell her? Will she figure it out? Winner of two Golden Clitorides (Best Serial, Best Long Story by a New Author) in 2001.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Ma/Ma   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Cream Pie   Slow   Violence  

"Ah, Seattle. Never been here," said Warren.

"Yeah, it's going to be a west coast kind of year, what with Worlds being in San Jose," said Sophia.

They were at Nationals. Their friends in the skating world were very glad to see them, together, and seemingly as happy as ever.

"Hey, Dance King!" Christine Arsenault greeted Warren in the lobby of the hotel. Sophia was off chatting with Jack Garrison and his wife. "How's it hanging, Warren?"

"Fine as always, Chris. You ready to renew the battle with your arch-nemesis Liz Cushman again?"

"Of course. And you and Sophia are ready to go after Nicholas and Coleman?"

"You betcha."

"So, Warren. What happened? Really."

"Sophia and I broke up, in late September. She broke up with me, actually. It was a huge mistake, it's been resolved, but we were apart for almost two months."

"Damn. Well, I'm glad everything worked out."

"So am I."

"Your training must have suffered."

"Yeah, but we're coming along. Thank God we had decided not to do the Grand Prix this year."

"Hey, waitaminnit. You were apart from her for two months and you didn't come out to Colorado and give me what I've been waiting for for five years? You creep!"

"Sorry, Chris."

"Ah, I bet you were celibate, pining away for her, anyway."

"I was pining, but I was not celibate. If you had been in Wisconsin, you would have gotten your wish. Sorry." He walked away with a grin.

"I HATE YOU!" She shouted after him, laughing.


The practices were fine. A little ragged, but Warren and Sophia felt that they could pull it together for competition.

The compulsory dances were held on Tuesday. Warren and Sophia had spent a lot of time on their original dance, redoing it, and on fine-tuning the Sinatra free dance. The compulsories had been a bit neglected. Nevertheless, the first compulsory was the Tango Romantica, and they handled it fine. They finished third, behind Nicholas/Coleman and Vickers/Pogdar, which was fine.

The compulsory dances are a group of twenty-odd dances, the steps strictly prescribed. Every team does the same steps to the same music. Every year, four of the dances are picked, and two of those four are skated at each competition. A small error can be disastrous. A large error can be fatal--and that's what happened to Warren and Sophia. In the second dance--which was the fairly difficult Golden Waltz--their skates clicked, and the undertrained duo went down, in a heap, completely obliterating the rhythm. They frantically caught up, but had missed a whole lot of steps by the time they did. Compulsories never draw much of a crowd, but the small audience let out an audible gasp at Warren and Sophia's error.

Amazingly, they left the ice laughing. "When we fuck up, we do it right," said Warren. When the marks were posted, they had finished a disastrous eighth. It left them tied for fifth overall.

When they got backstage, Evan and Shawna were offering condolences.

"Ah, thanks, but fuck it," said Sophia. "We knew we weren't in peak form."

"And you know that's the one damn compulsory that they're going to play on the TV broadcast," Warren laughed.

"I can't believe you guys," Shawna told them. "We'd be devastated."

"What the hell. Ice is slippery," said Warren.

"Besides which, we'll just have to kick your butt in the OD!" added Sophia, as she and Warren walked away, hand-in-hand.


Laughing off a bad skate was very much keeping with their philosophy--that they did this for fun--and they knew that they hadn't trained enough. That didn't mean they planned to give up, as they discussed in their hotel room that night.

"I still wanna go to Worlds," Sophia said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.