Lightning in a Bottle - Book 3 - Cover

Lightning in a Bottle - Book 3

Copyright© 2023 by Phil Brown

Chapter 43: Rescue

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 43: Rescue - Alone, on his own, and trying to survive while searching for whoever murdered Cécile, injured Captain Alfred, and destroyed The Serendipity, Alex also had to find a way to survive while discovering who was ultimately trying to kill him and the other members of his family and friends. This is the third chapter in the saga of Alex Masters and his unusual repercussions from being struck by lightning. 

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Teenagers   Consensual   Science Fiction   Paranormal   Incest   Brother   Sister   Polygamy/Polyamory   Anal Sex   First   Oral Sex   Nudism  

I couldn’t sleep. It was almost four am when I made my way to the pilothouse and helped myself to a cup of the ever-present coffee. It was unusual to see anyone keeping watch while we were at anchor, but I guessed that he hadn’t been able to sleep either.

“Can’t sleep?” Captain Alfred asked.

“Not really,” I replied. “I kept having nightmares. None of this is making sense.”

“But didn’t you say that you actually talked to aliens on this pink planet of yours?” he asked.

“Yeah. But it just seems like too much of a coincidence for aliens to start appearing on earth right now,” I told him.

“Is there any way you could ask them?” he asked.

“Hmm ... let me think on it,” I replied. Then taking my coffee with me, I made my way down to the Helipad and sat down on the big ‘H’ in the center of the pad and began to do some breathing exercises to help me relax. The running lights killed my night vision, but it would be dangerous and foolish to be without them. So I closed my eyes and just listened to the sounds of the sea. Pretty soon, even the distant throb of the engines faded into the background and I could pick up sounds from the nearby island. The sound of the waves crashing on the shore. Occasionally animal sounds. And the sounds of insects and even some birds.

The whole time, I practiced breathing and tried to think of ways to contact the pink planet. I didn’t have any idea how to do that except by using my inflamed passions, but I just didn’t feel like kissing anyone at the moment.

“Did you know you are glowing?” Rachel thought to me as she sat down beside me. “I could feel you from our stateroom.

I just moved over a bit, inviting her to join me. She handed me a fresh cup of coffee and then sat down.

I thought I was falling asleep, but I could still feel the distant humming of the engines in the background and made a mental note to shut them down and run off the batteries for the day.

Ever so slowly, the first rays of the morning sun finally struck my face announcing the dawn of a new day and reminding me I was no closer to any answers.

“What’s everybody doing out here?” Jana asked, bombing the silence. I looked up and beside Rachel, Sarah and Samantha were both half asleep. Behind me, Anna and Fluer were stretched out and almost asleep also.

Of course, everyone started stirring, and I believed Rachel could feel my annoyance with her little sister’s disturbance, so she took Jana and said they would go start some breakfast. I yawned really big and then announced that I was going to turn off the engines and run the inverter.

“But the engines are off, sweetheart,” Rachel replied.

That’s when it hit me! I KNOW that I heard an engine running in the background earlier. I ran to the pilothouse and checked with Captain Alfred. No engines had been run since we shut them down last night. And the way the Bering was built, we could run for days off the inverters without starting them again.

I made my way back to the bow and stood as still as I could while I listened. With the dawn, it seemed that even more animals and birds were awakening. Finally, I ran to the cockpit and found a flashlight, a mask, a dive belt, and some flippers. Then excitedly lowered myself into the still Caribbean waters of the cove.

The Cécile was anchored fore and aft in a natural cove in about ten meters of water. In anticipation of the coming hurricane, both anchor chains had been run out about thirty meters to help keep us from drifting. I followed the forward anchor chain down until I reached the anchor itself and turned on my light. The rocky base of the island was less than fifty meters away. But there wasn’t enough light to see it clearly, so I began swimming that way.

One of the benefits, or gifts, I had discovered early on after the lightning strike was the ability to swim underwater for a long time without needing air. At the time, Roland and I had tried several experiments of both time and depth, but eventually abandoned them as I could see no useful application of the gift.

Now, I was wishing that I had more data, particularly concerning my limits! My testing with Roland had demonstrated no problems with staying submerged for an hour, so I just assumed that I had about fifty-five minutes left to complete my recon. I was also wishing for one of those dive watches Roland had told me about.

Unencumbered by scuba gear or other diving equipment I made my way towards the base of the island. Soon I could see two openings to what appeared to be caves. I estimated the smaller one to be less than three feet high but the other one was well over eight feet high, and both were deep enough beneath the surface to not be exposed, even at low tide.

I drifted to a stop and just allowed my body to settle to the sandy bottom as I studied the larger opening. I assumed that I was still at least ten meters deep, based on the amount of natural light that was shining through.

Now, as you know, sound travels faster through water than it does through air, so when I allowed myself to sink to the bottom and became still, I quickly began to ‘feel’ the regular thrumming vibrations in the floor of the sea.

By now, all sorts of thoughts were going through my brain. “Do I go in? What will I find? Are they hostile? Do I wait for reinforcements?” I thought to myself.

“Alex?” Rachel thought to me. “Where are you?”

“About 15 degrees off the starboard bow towards the cliffs and about ten meters down,” I thought back. “Would you ask the Officers if we have any scuba gear on board?”

“What do you want with scuba gear?” Rachel thought.

“I thought it might make it easier for you to enter this cave I found down here. A cave with definite sounds of an engine running.” I thought back.

“Captain Alfred says that it’s likely they have an entrance on the island. He said that you should come back and you all can make a plan,” Rachel said. “He also said that we currently have four tanks on board, but they are small ones.”

“Tell him we need more information before we can make a plan, so I’m going to check out the opening while I’m here,” I thought back as I began making my way towards the base of the cliff.

“Please be careful!” she urged.

“I will,” I thought back, thanking the Pink Planet for the ability to communicate with Rachel. It made the whole thing a little less scary. I mean I was still nervous. I was aware that my heart was racing, but I also knew that I didn’t feel the need to breath. At least, not yet!

I turned on my flashlight and slowly swam into the dark void.


It was like a tunnel. So I proceeded to explore. I swam about another fifty feet, giving Rachel short pieces of commentary about what I was seeing. Mainly nothing except the throbbing of what I was now sure was an engine of some kind. Suddenly, I came across a pair of round cylinders that resembled overly large scuba tanks and stopped. I tried to hold a mental picture of them in my head for Rachel, but she couldn’t make out what I was seeing.

Then I saw an odd movement in the water and looked up. Quickly I turned off my flashlight. Someone or something had just caused a bunch of loose rocks to fall from above. I moved to my left, away from the falling debris, backing into a small crevice. Then I waited as my eyes adjusted to the darkness.

I’d always heard that darkness inside a cave is darker than the darkest night because there is no source of light. Yet, as the minutes went by, I realized that I seemed to have some very limited visibility, like on a moonless night with just a sky full of stars. Overhead, I began to make out several dim sources of light.

My curiosity won out over my fears and I slowly kicked my legs. I was as far away from the lights as I could manage, feeling the wall of the cavern with my hand as I ascended slowly.

Long before I expected it, my head broke the surface and I automatically drew in a large breath. The air tasted dank and musty, but it was breathable and it took me a minute of heavy breathing for my lungs to relax. Meanwhile, my eyes adjusted to the two bright work-lights that were flooding the cavern on a shelf on the other side that appeared above the water. They were connected to a medium sized portable generator that was making the humming noise I had been hearing.

What I could see looked like a mining operation with two men with pick-axes chipping away at a small indention in the wall and another wielding a shovel and shoveling the debris into a wheelbarrow.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.