Adventures of a Greenie: Off Planet (Vol 2)
Chapter 13: Dead on Arrival

Copyright© 2020 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Cara and Roy had left their seats for a ight meal in the main lounge. Partner insisted to be there as well. While the huge black animal never wanted for any sort of food, it was happily consuming the leftovers and wrappers Roy tossed its way.

Cara had finished most of her Muuhn cakes, which were a traditional Saresii lunch item. She educated him, that these vegetarian-based air baked protein dumplings were considered spicy on Sares.

He tried, and to him, it was as if eating something completely void of taste and real texture. “I guess I need to be thankful for the opportunity to go to college on Saresi Prime but to be honest your food items are not very enticing.”

Cara tossed one in Partner’s direction who snapped it out of the air. “Your black pelted friend seems to like it.”

Roy rolled his eyes. “Partner eats everything, he munched on a passenger bench at Harper’s Junction and took a big bite out of Uncle Sams’s table. He eats napkin holders and salt shakers too, not that he requires food the way we do.”

Cara leaned forward.” Sares is also a Union community. A very sophisticated one at that, and you can get any food you like. I usually prefer Terran style foods myself, but occasionally like the traditional offerings of my society.”

“We soon reach Xanadu, right?”

“Eventually Roy. Xanadu is our destination for this part of our journey. There is an express connection from Xanadu to Ulta Hub; but this is a space bus, Roy, There are three stops between Odenworld and Xanadu.” She pointed at a large pictogram floating near the ceiling. “The route, flight times and stops are displayed everywhere. I thought you knew.”

“Good grief, how long is this trip going to last? First, there was this hurry. Saresii ship, Hyper Highways and all that, and now we are crawling and creeping all over the galaxy. By the time we reach Sares, I am too old for college.”

“That was before you decided to ask the Leedei for help. The Cosmic Spirit alone knows the real reason why the Leedei decided to let you use their most secret device and put you square in the middle of things, or why the Patriarch of the largest Wurgus family decided to invite you to a diplomatic meeting of the highest order, but in the middle of these things you are.” She had a sharp tone at first but her voice softened and her eyes reflected sadness. “You are correct Roy, you and I are being used.”

Cara straightened her posture and now her voice reflected conviction as she repeated. “You are right indeed, and this is not what I signed up for. The moment we made planetfall on Pishoir. I see if there is a faster way to Sares and I give a hoot what is said about it.”

Roy sighed.”I knew there was more to this the second we left that NAVINT ship and it worked too. I am sure these two goons that pretend to enjoy their drinks and food two tables towards the starboard exit, are shadowing me, I am sure of it.”

Cara at first assumed they were the ones, Alegar was talking about, but as she carefully extended her psionic abilities she encountered a Psi shield that was not PSI Corps. The two humanoid males at first seemed indeed just like any other travelers, however, the two acted exactly as trained spies would act pretending to be harmless passengers. There were minute details that revealed to her trained eyes that it was a perfectly choreographed act. Too smooth and too generic to be genuine.

While she could not sense any psionic feelers extended their way, those men could rely on a myriad of technical devices to eavesdrop.

She had to assume they had heard Roy’s observation and were warned. She also had been too careless and said things in their conversation not meant for other ears.

She padded Roy’s hand.”Let us return to our seats. The bus has just dropped out of Quasi.”

On their way back she quietly said. “I think you are right.”

--””—

It was known as the ‘Good Company’, SII the largest Mega Corporation in the known universe never had any known scandals. Officially it was not even involved in the Gene Clone Wars and the subsequent War of Corporations that raged from 2117 for twelve long years all the way to 2129, long before there was a Union. It was then the moniker “Good Company” was coined.

It was one of the best-kept secrets of SII and perhaps the entire Union that this was far from the truth. SII maintained a fleet of Corporate security ships, second only to the Spatial Navy of the Union.

By law, civilian entities could not be armed with military-grade weapons or even Class X weapons which included P Bombs, Translocator Cannons and Loki Torpedoes. However a division of SII, SII Shipworx built the majority of the military ships. Translocator cannons were manufactured under a special license in Top Security factories owned by SII. While the famous Loki torpedo came from SII’s chief competitor, the SII SHIROC was an exact copy and only differed in external design from the famous Loki torpedo series.

The Destroyer suits, Cerberus robots, SITKU weapons. Wolfcraft fighter were all SII designed and manufactured.

SII used its very real military might without scruples or limitations to combat corporate enemies, advance corporate interests and maximize profit by eliminating obstacles of any kind.

Rex Schwartz was the President and CEO of this company and controlled ninety percent of its stock ever since the early days of United Earth and under his direction, SII had grown to the biggest business corporation there was.

Even its closest competitor, Enroe Industries was a distant second. All other businesses corporations of the Union combined could not reach the levels of SII.

SII controlled and owned GalNet, Space Trains, the largest Space Bus company and so much more.

Rex Schwartz, an immortal, himself would go down in human history as the worst criminal ever. He committed every conceivable crime numerous times without the slightest remorse.

However, Rex believed in the Union, even though he envisioned to be its ruler eventually. Until that distant day would come, he was a staunch defender of it all.

He also cared about his immediate family. Linda, his wife he married in 2087. The one he was still married to in 4932 making them the longest-married human couple in Terran human history. Together they had 28 daughters and 20 sons and has adopted another 12 girls and 18 boys.

Now he had traveled far below the surface of Onyx planet. Nothing and no one known to SII science could ever reach these sub-basement levels of his companies headquarters.

Of all secrets his family was hiding, the group that used these facilities was one of the darkest. The Black Ops Elite force of SII Corp code-named Black Skulls. He had spent billions of credits to find, enhance and train this group.

Black Skulls had unlimited funding, access to the finest and in some examples illegal tech. Hand-selected, genetically and cybernetically enhanced to the very pinnacle of the possible. They were loyal to him alone. Devoted to him with fanatical intensity.

They murdered, assassinated, kidnapped, blackmailed, tortured without remorse.

The cylindrical room was quite large. It featured strong metal walls. All kinds of environments could be simulated. Form energy constructs enabled, physical obstacles introduced at a moment’s notice.

The room was located in a subfloor basement deep below the surface of Onyx planet and part of the vast underground complex of the SII Needle.

A woman in a dark gray adaptive camouflage was fighting hand to hand against three opponents armed with training swords and poles.

Rex Schwartz entered a training chamber of the Black Skulls.

The woman defeated the three fighters with a display of great skill and disengaged. Then she removed her tight-fitting mask, shook loose her blonde hair and approached the Mega Tycoon.”Hi, Dad what are you doing down here?”

--””—

Zwhehzwheneu, the current Supreme Wizard and secret puppet of the Jellies had summoned the circle of High Wizards once again.

The lasted reports before him.

Achsiebdri, the newest Wizard of the MOC replacing the missing Viesienul looked quite nervous. The recent disappearance of his predecessor and the deadly fall of the one that came before Viesienul. Everyone knew he had been physically tossed from the Wizard tower.

For the longest time, the Ministry of Control had been in charge of things, Members of the MOC became Supreme Wizards and no one dared to question what the MOC did.

This had changed with the surprising rise of Zwhehzwheneu, who did not belong to any Ministries but came from the ranks of the Thought Police.

The new Supreme Wizard acted and behaved completely differently from his many predecessors. He often appeared amidst the Wizard Circle, took an active interest in the matters discussed and was always well informed, instead of delegating such things to his staff and only receive the general results and make decisions. The new Supreme Wizard insisted on straight talk, demanded the suspension of Form Speak, the stylized and verbally choreographed way Kermac spoke in public and official business.

Supreme Wizard Zwhehzwheneu demoted the Wizard of Culture and Society, once a very important and integral part of the Circle. Now relegated to a secondary role and no longer part of the Circle of Wizards.

All these changes and revolutionary behavior of the Supreme Wizard was brutally enforced by his iron hand and his unquestionable control over the Thought Police.

The Supreme Wizard carefully arranged the thin white rectangular boards before him. These traditional reports and document displays filled with data gathered by the controlling ministries that made up the Kermac government.

The new Supreme Wizard, like all of them, wore a white robe, was completely hairless and sported a false beard tied to his chin. His skin was as white as skin could be bleached and he wore lip white as every Kermac did. Like all Wizards he was male, his true age was difficult to determine, even for other Wizards. Kermac medicine allowed Wizards to reach life spans of over 400 standard orbits.

However the average Kermac Wizard who reached that lofty, near absolute rank of Supreme Wizard, never got older than maybe 200 orbits, due to assassinations, open murder, or endulding in too much of the good things that came with this position.

While Achsiebdri had no way of telling, he got the distinct feeling that the new Supreme Wizard had not reached an age counted by triple digits.

While cell rejuvenating medical intervention was exclusive to Society elements of Importance; and Wizards were of course of the greatest importance; no one not even Supreme Wizards ever survived as long as medical science was able to extend life spans.

A never discussed or mentioned, yet the core element of Kermac society was the inherent distrust and the willingness to sell out everyone for the sake of one’s own safety and advancement.

Ever since the Ker gained psionic abilities, so long ago on Koken, the lost planet of origin only a few Kermac scholars still remembered. When private thoughts were no longer private because every Ker had telepathic abilities, distrust, fear, and denunciation became part of society and culture.

The society developed methods to shield from such psionic intrusion, but no one really trusted them and no one dared to reveal real feelings and thoughts in fear of being exposed, denounced and mind-wiped or killed.

These core elements of the Kermac psyche and society also developed this urge and desire to control and dominate others.

Achsiebdri was of an influential background of the rich and well connected Siebdri community. With a history that reached back to the mystical origins tied to Koken. His community gave rise to fifteen Supremew Wizards at least as far as surviving recorded history knew. The Siebdri community had always been associated with the Ministry of Control.

The previous High Wizard of the Ministry of Control was sent to Lark. Nothing had been heard of Viesienul since. He had most likely been killed by Union forces, as the core systems of the Larkami were overrun and obliterated by the enemy.

The lead position had fallen on him. For the first time in Ministries’ history, there was no internal struggle for that position. No one was eager to be the new face of the MOC as it was obvious the new Supreme Wizard held this so influential part of the Kermac government in very low regard. It was the MOC who created the Thought Police in the first place as a tool to enforce universal control over the Kermac society. What was created as a tool took on a life of its own, gathered more and more influence and became its own independent force. Technically, the Thought Police made the MOC obsolete.

So it came that the High Wizard of the Ministry of Control sat among the other High Wizards, waiting for the Supreme Wizard to speak with a strong feeling of dread.

Supreme Wizard Zwhehzwheneu placed the last slate carefully, with measured moves on the stack before him.

There was complete silence, no one spoke. This gloomy, hushed atmosphere suggested to Achsiebdri, that the other High Wizards weren’t as confident about themselves and their positions either. Achsiebdri wondered if this was perhaps a reason for the steady decline and loss of influence of the entire Kermac society.

The Kermac were far from extinction of course and looked back on a continuous history of over a million stellar orbits, but the steady decline could no longer be ignored or dismissed.

The Supreme Wizard interrupted his brooding thoughts as he finally spoke. “The last time, I addressed you all. I asked for the unfiltered truth. The time for self-serving propaganda has ended. We can not tell ourselves the lies we tell those we lead.

So I am asking all of you again to refrain from form speak, from exaggerating reports to look competent.

I have curbed the influence of the Ministry of Control and restored the independence of all ministries on their designated fields of expertise.”

The Supreme wizard folded his hands and leaned back. “Now tell me Siebzehfie, Wizard in the Ministry of Information, about the human Roy Masters, we agreed is the key to the Wurgus situation.”

Siebzehfie did not sound as accusatory and confident as he did the last time. “We tracked the human to Belle Station, and wanted to apprehend him after the failed Sun Bomb attack, but another scheme of a Kermac group we were unable to identify interfered in the strangest fashion.”

“Go on.”

The MOI wizard spread his arms. “I can not say who of us was behind it, but they managed to infiltrate a Union prisoner facility, and divert a genuine Union destroyer with all weapons intact. This human was aboard. We are still trying to determine who was behind it. A large number of Smilak were used.”

The Supreme Wizard did not respond at first and his face was unreadable. What he said then was unexpected.”I will investigate this personally. Anything else?”

“Yes, Supreme Wizard. There are more parties after this individual. “ The MOI wizard looked at his own file slate. “We recently discovered a group identifying themselves only as ‘The Friends’. They are deeply embedded with the radical core of the so-called Gal Drifts. We are almost certain Union Intel is not aware of these ‘Friends’.”

“Do we have any idea who they are?”

Siebzehfie slowly shook his head. “Not yet, we just became aware of them very recently.”

Achsiebdri, however, remembered a secret MOC file, he had come across when he became the new lead Wizard. He took a deep breath and collected his courage. “Supreme Wizard. I think I know who these ‘Friends’ are.”

Zwhehzwheneu made an open gesture. “Enlighten us then.

“It goes back to the time of the First Galactic Council. There was no Union then, and United Earth was virtually unknown.”

All the High Wizards including the Supreme Wizard paid attention so he continued. “Maybe it is almost forgotten now, but the Terrans of United Earth wiped out the Xunx in one swoop using robot bombs on every single Xunx planet.”

The Supreme Wizard nodded. “I remember reading about this. There is a visual of this?”

Achsiebdri pointed to his slate.”Yes, there is. It is an old recording but still available.

“Let us see it.”

The Computronic of the Wizard tower reacted and dimmed the lights and established a field screen.

The wizard tower room disappeared repaced by images, over 2700 stellar orbits old.

The Kermac were at the apex of their importance and influence over most of the Upward sector. The representatives and delegates of almost 3000 space-faring societies convened in the mushroom-shaped building called the Galactic Stage. The Planet of Galactic Harmony was the most important place in the universe.

The gravity and significance of the images and scenes displayed affected the usually so aloft Wizards quite deeply.

The recording device now focused on the representative of the Freon Realm, his Majesty Senator Jultedh as the gray-skinned, almond eye-shaped bald being addressed the collective audience seated in an Amphi theater-like fashion on inclining tiers. The Freon Senator was in a highly agitated state. His usually gray skin was almost paperwhite, a clear sign of high stress.

Like all Freon’s he was only about 130 centimeters tall had thin limbs. “Honorable Assembly of Sentient Beings. I am here to report a crime of unheard proportions. An atrocity against life, Genocide!”

He pushed his thin arms against the surface of the polished marble pulpit trying to make himself a little taller and more important. He paused just long enough to let his words sink in then he continued. “A barbaric species, a civilization of half-naked primates ascended with the help of the meddling and cursed Sarans. because these barbarians were on the brink of self-destruction and could not ascent by themselves. I know! We Freon’s watched those Earthers for many centuries.

To unleash these aggressive monkeys on the Galaxy is an unforgivable act of despicable crime against the enlightened civilizations that are gathered here in these hallowed halls.

And now I must report that the Earthers completely wiped out the ancient Xunx.”

Senator Jultedh shivered with rage as he shouted. “There is no Xunx planet, no Xunx left! An entire civilization has been eradicated!”

The Ult representative took the pause to say. “Someone had to do something about the Xunx. Xunx refused to communicate. There never was a Xunx representative within these halls. They had no allies and whenever they emerged from the cyclic nest wars they attacked and devoured everything they could find. Xunx left lifeless worlds behind and there is no doubt they would have found our worlds and many of your worlds.”

Jultedh extended a long skinny finger and pointed at the fish-faced Ult “It is only natural that you defend these barbarians. You Ult claim to have changed. No longer the war-loving brutes, the galaxy knows you still are. It is an act and a lie, we all know that!

I am here to call for a resolution. Condemn the Terrans and destroy them before this filth has time and opportunity to spread.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.