The Way of War - Cover

The Way of War

Copyright© 2020 by Robin Lane

Chapter 22

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 22 - The Way of War The sequel to the Tides of War. The year is 1940 and David Ramage's grandson is posted to North Africa. There Shaun Ramage locks horns with the desert fox, Rommel. He meets an enigmatic girl and falls in love

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   War  

Ted was on hand to greet them as they climbed out of the Ford. “Welcome back, chaps. Had a good Christmas, I hope. You’ll find some more presents in the storage tents along with some livestock.”

Mystified they looked in the tents. Large bags announced they were Berber Tents. In another they found boxes with the legend, Camels Kneeling, Camels Standing, and Goats, alongside of these were two small petrol driven generators and air pumps. In another bag were Black Teraquas costumes

The officers looked at each other. “So who is going to put them up first?” one murmured, not at all surprised that no one volunteered.

The following day Shaun and Bobby looked on in amusement as Tim’s and Bill’s patrols started to erect the Berber tents. And they chuckled as the ‘animals’ were blown up. Eventually Tim and Bill, perspiring heavily, came over to them. “You could have helped,” Bill groaned.

“Sorry old boy but rank does have its privilege’s”, Bobby replied in a superior voice.

They looked inside the tents. “We could just about get a truck and Jeep inside one of them,” Bobby said.

“Well let’s make sure. Tim, bring your truck and Jeep up and see if they’ll fit, “Shaun said.

The truck was backed in followed by the Jeep. There was about 3inches of headroom over the top of the 50-calibre machine gun. Impressed they checked the animals next. Altogether there were 24 camels 18 were kneeling with 6 standing and 20 goats. Loops at the base of each animal allowed a tent peg to anchor it. Seen from a distance they looked remarkably life like.

Later that night in the mess tent Shaun remarked upon their new acquisitions. “They’re too big and lumpy to cart all over the place. What we will have to do is move them to the base camp at the outcrop, and Wadi Al Kuf, say two tents and half the livestock at each”, he looked around the others for comments. They all agreed.

They had decided that Bobby and Bill would be based at the outcrop, whilst Shaun and Tim would use Wadi Al Kuf has their base. Over the next three weeks they built up their supplies at each of their bases, before going out to reconnoitring potential ambush points. Shaun and Tim’s patrols spent New Year’s Eve out in the desert.

On their return from a patrol at the end of the third week in January, they were surprised to see Captain Silverman with Ted when they reported in. Bobby and Bill were already present.

Ted had already marked on the big map the ambush points along with the base camps. Silverman was inspecting it as they came in. He turned and smiled at Shaun and Tim noting their dusty appearance. “So, gentleman it seems that you have prepared your positions well. As I understand it, Captain Ramage and Lieutenant Morris will cover the area between Barce and Gambut, whilst Captain Dole and Lieutenant Drake will cover Bardia to Mersa Matruth.” He saw the confirming nods from the four officers. He lowered his voice “I suspect that within a few weeks we will start to put your hard work into action. The advance is stalling at El Aghella, Rommel is fighting back now.”

They discussed a few points more before being dismissed. As he was leaving Captain Silverman spoke to Shaun, “I have a letter for you Captain”, he said handing it over and smiling at Shaun. Shaun was for a second startled but Silverman’s smile put him at ease, “Thank you Sir”, he managed to mumble.

In his tent he read it. It was from Sharon, she missed him, work was increasing, and she was working long hours but didn’t mind as it took her mind off from thinking of him. He smiled remembering so he took out the photographs that the Prof had developed. They were coloured shots of her in the scarlet dress. His favourite shot was kept inside the cigarette case.

He stretched out on his cot thinking of her and yearning to have her in his arms again.

Titch came to see him the next day. “Boss, I’ve prepared a parts list for Sue and the Jeep. We ought to service them since they’ve done a lot of mileage over the last month.” Shaun checked the list, oil filters, air filters, sparkplugs, new points, and oil.

“Have we got this lot in the service tent Titch?”

“Most of it, Boss, but the other drivers want to service their vehicles too. It would be a good idea to take some of this to the base camps if we are likely to be there for any time.”

Shaun saw the logic in Titch’s comments. “I’ll make out a requisition order, you can take it to Alex and get it filled.” Titch nodded “Thanks Boss”.

He walked over to where the men were working on Sue and the Jeep. He saw Sammy working on a strange radio he had not seen before. “What’s this for Sammy,” he asked.

Sammy looked up and smiled. “It’s a crude form of wireless interception we were given when we attended the code course in Cairo. It’s not got much range, about 25 miles. The idea is if there’s a Jerry radio tracking wagon working between me and Ben we should be able to locate it.”

Shaun knew L/Cpl Ben Powers was Tim’s radio operator. “So you have to have one of you some distance away from the other in order to track it?”

“Well it could let us know there was one about somewhere, but to get a positive fix you would need the other truck.”

Jack came over and nodded to Sammy “Another drain on the batteries. It’s as well we have the portable generator.” Shaun chuckled, Jack was like a mother hen regarding Sue and the Jeep. He told him about Titch going to Alex and asked if there was anything else they needed. Jack shook his head, “Not off hand Boss, mind you, but new blankets would be nice. Ours are beginning to smell a bit ripe.”

Shaun nodded “Point taken. I’ll add them to Titch’s list.”

Three weeks later they received the news. Rommel had broken out from El Ariella and was rolling up the Allies forces. “They’re nearly at Derna and show no sign of stopping”, Ted informed the officers. “Shaun you and Tim get ready to pull out for Wadi Al Kef and if they pass Slum I’ll release Bobby and Bill.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.