The Way of War - Cover

The Way of War

Copyright© 2020 by Robin Lane

Chapter 20

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 20 - The Way of War The sequel to the Tides of War. The year is 1940 and David Ramage's grandson is posted to North Africa. There Shaun Ramage locks horns with the desert fox, Rommel. He meets an enigmatic girl and falls in love

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   War  

The American trucks arrived three days later, four driven by the drivers of the patrols. Titch was over the moon about them. “They’re brilliant, Boss,” he enthused, “we were doing 50mph on the road back without any effort and the four-wheel drive climbed sand dunes with no problem at all.”

Shaun looked at the little trucks painted in American olive green. It could seat four. The windscreen would have to go, he realised, the glass could reflect light. The patrol gathered around it whilst Titch recounted its capability’s. “Well the first thing is to paint it.” Shaun said.

“I’ll have to see about fixing a mount for the 50 and the Vickers K.” Jack added.

“They’re in the back of the three-tonner along with four three-inch mortars and their shells.” Titch chimed in.

For three days the men worked on the Jeep, as it was now called, at the end of which it bore little resemblance to the vehicle that had first arrived. It had been painted the sand colour, the windscreen was removed, just behind the driver and passenger seat was a mount that supported the 50 calibre machine gun, whilst a mount was placed in front of the passenger seat that held the twin Vickers Ks. Brackets had been made to house two Jerry cans at the back and straps were placed over the bonnet to hold their bedrolls and camouflage nets. Provision had been made for placing the P8 tank compass in front of the driver. The sand mats were rolled up and strapped to the side. The final modification was the adding of a water condenser at the front near the radiator.

Titch approached Shaun one morning, “Boss I’ve been thinking about leaving track marks that could be seen. If we rigged up something like mud flaps at the back of the rear wheels which drag they may obscure the tracks. Of course, they’ll produce a lot of dust but if we are using them at night it won’t matter.” Shaun gave his permission for him to work on his idea.

Two days later he saw the results of Titch’s invention. The mud guards were built from a sand matt, a piece of metal rod was attached to the base. When not in use it could be clipped up under the Jeep. When released it dragged along the ground obscuring the tire tracks. Others were made and fitted to the other three jeeps.

Over the next two weeks the patrols went out creating caches of petrol, water, ammunition and provisions. They took the Jeeps out with them to see how they performed.

The trucks had all logged over 2000 miles during this period.

Ted informed them when they returned from the last patrol, “I think a week’s leave is in order, don’t you?” The smiles on the faces of the weary men made the announcement worthwhile.

The leave meant they would celebrate Christmas in Cairo so Bobby booked the rooms at the Nile Palace again and Ted let them have the Ford.

From the Oasis to Cairo was only a four-hour run.

The first thing he did on entering his room was to ring Sharon. He listened has she announced herself, “Hello! Would you be interested in having dinner with a lovesick Kenyon.”

There was a gasp at the other end of the line, “Shaun is that you? Where are you speaking from, and yes I would love to have dinner with a lovesick Kenyon.”

He quickly explained about the leave and where he was staying. They arranged to meet in the bar of the hotel at eight.

He selected a table in the corner of the bar away from the crowd and ordered a vodka and tonic.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.