The Way of War - Cover

The Way of War

Copyright© 2020 by Robin Lane

Chapter 17

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 17 - The Way of War The sequel to the Tides of War. The year is 1940 and David Ramage's grandson is posted to North Africa. There Shaun Ramage locks horns with the desert fox, Rommel. He meets an enigmatic girl and falls in love

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   War  

They moved out at eight in the morning, following the faint camel track, at times having to stop to free either the three-tonner or one of the 30 cwt. It was slow going under the burning sun. But at last in the late afternoon they arrived at the Oasis which was set in a depression. About a dozen date palms ringed a pool roughly nine feet in diameter.

It was almost sunset before the tents were erected and camouflage nets placed over them. Cookie and Bobby’s cook started to make a meal whilst Jack got the Benghazi burner going for a much needed brew.

Shaun was busy setting up the contents of his tent when Ted called in.

“I’ve just heard from Silverman’s office. We can expect a supply wagon tomorrow. Let’s hope it’s something good.” He said with a smile.

“I just hope it’s something better than bullied beef,” Shaun replied.

As they ate their meal Sammy remarked that the sand flies had not caught up with them yet. “Give them time laddie. They’ll get here soon enough,” Jack growled Shaun had a good night’s sleep, exhausted from the journey and getting the base organised.

The next morning they put the finishing touch to the base. Jack organised a rope winch so that a man could climb to the top of the largest palm tree to keep watch. Titch made up a pump that was placed in the pool to supply water to the cook house and to a makeshift shower. He glowed with pleasure from the gratitude of the men.

Just before noon the lookout warned that a truck was heading their way. The men gathered up their weapons to be on the safe side.

It turned out to be a Royal Naval three-tonner driven by a sailor who hopped down and presented himself to Ted with a smart salute and handed over an envelope. Whilst the men unloaded the truck Ted disappeared into his tent with the letter.

Later he gathered the officers together, “I’ve been informed by Captain Silverman that he wants us all to report to him on Saturday at 10am. Bookings have been made for us at the Nile Palace Hotel. We can book in on Friday and we leave on Sunday morning.” Wide smiles appeared on their faces at the news. “Also,” Ted continued “Sargent Blake is promoted to Staff Sargent effective immediately. I’ll let you inform him Shaun.”

Shaun informed Sargent Blake. “It’s about time,” he said smiling.

Shaun had not received any mail, either from home or Sharon, but then no one else had. He put it down to their change of command and knew it would catch up with them eventually.

He packed his valise knowing it would be an early start to reach Cairo. He wondered if he would see Sharon, hoping that he would.

The five of them managed to squeeze into the Ford and Ted drove. When they reached the Coast Road they were surprised at the amount of traffic returning to Alexandra and Cairo, mainly ambulances and tank recovery trucks carrying damaged tanks.

“It looks like it’s not all plain sailing for the lads at the front,” Ted murmured as they passed another recovery vehicle.

“I hate to say it,” Bobby replied, “but Jerry has in some ways better equipment than ours. Their 88mm flack guns have turned out to be deadly antitank guns.”

“I heard that they’re mounting those on their tanks now. God help the 7th Armour if they do,” Tim replied.

They lapsed into silence as they continued their journey.

At the hotel they climbed out stiffly from the cramped car, stretching their limbs. Porters hurried out to collect their luggage. After booking in they were shown to their rooms.

Shaun undressed and made his way into the bathroom. Turning on the shower, he stood under it letting the hot water soak away aches of his body. After dressing he called for an outside line connecting through to Sharon’s office.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.