The Way of War - Cover

The Way of War

Copyright© 2020 by Robin Lane

Chapter 16

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 16 - The Way of War The sequel to the Tides of War. The year is 1940 and David Ramage's grandson is posted to North Africa. There Shaun Ramage locks horns with the desert fox, Rommel. He meets an enigmatic girl and falls in love

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   War  

It was a slow trip back to the base. Traffic going to the front slowed their progress whilst ambulances and tank recovery vehicles with damaged tanks filled the other lane returning to Alexandria.

Eventually they pulled up at the base and Ted Frazer was there to welcome them with a crown on his shoulder lapel.

He smiled has they spilled out of the Ford, “Welcome home chaps. I trust you all had a good leave.” He indicated for them to follow him into the command tent. Once they were all in he began.

“I believe you have all seen Captain Silverman and have expressed a desire to sign up for his unit. It remains to be seen if the rest of the patrol feel the same. I intend to put it to those tomorrow after breakfast. Their answer will affect our next move. Needless to say, I have been roped in as well,” he said with a grin.

“I believe congratulations are in order,” Bobby said, followed by “Hear, hear” from the others.

Ted smiled self-consciously, “Thanks chaps.”

That night Shaun dreamed, thinking of Sharon.

Ted had his meeting with the rest of the patrol after breakfast and Shaun was not surprised at the result. All volunteered to a man.

Ted left for Cairo the following day with instructions that Shaun was in charge until he returned.

It was late evening on the next day that he returned with a bulging briefcase.

They found out the results of his meeting the following morning. His desk had been cleared and a large scale map lay on it.

“My meeting with Captain Silverman was very interesting. We are now to be called Patrol Z and we officially will still be LRDG but come under the orders of Captain Silverman.

“We are going to move the base back East to Subaya Oasis. It’s further south and off the Bedouin camel routes.” He paused to show the location on the map.

“Only the patrol members plus my command staff will be moving, 32 in all. Our supplies and rations will be issued through Captain Silverman. Over the next few months we are going to be re-equipped, with what, I have no knowledge of as yet. It’s paramount that no mention of this unit should be divulged outside of our base. As far has the outside world is concerned, we are carrying out normal LRDG missions. We begin moving tomorrow so you’ll let your men know to start packing. That will be all, gentlemen, for the time being.”

Shaun rounded up his section and informed them of the move. All their personal effects were to be loaded on to Sue. The tents and sleeping cots would be going in the three-tonner. Titch asked about the spares he had for Sue. “Try to get as much as you can onto Sue. Anything left over will have to go in the three-tonner.” He left Jack in charge of organizing it.

He walked over to the operations tent to check the map. Subaya Oasis was well off the beaten track he realised. South of Alexandria and about a hundred miles from Cairo. There was a track they could use to reach it which would keep them off the coast road.

“Checking the route?” a voice asked. He turned round. It was Ted. Shaun nodded, “I presume we will be using this track,” he pointing to it.

“That’s right; we have to keep a very low profile until we are set up there.”

“But why so far back east? Operation Crusader seems to be going very well and they’ll soon be able to relieve Tobruk at their current rate of advance.”

“Silverman is of the opinion that we are extending our supply line too far and too fast. From intelligence that his department has acquired, Hitler is reinforcing Rommel with troops and equipment as well as Italian troops and equipment. The Luftwaffe has been beefed up with squadrons from Crete. He seems to think that Rommel will wait until we are too extended and then attack. If he is right, our only defence line is at El Alamein where the Qattara Depression guards on our southern flank and that’s only ninety miles from Alex.”

Shaun walked away, disturbed with Ted’s assessment.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.