My Isekai Life in D&D: Storm
Chapter 12: Isekai Life & Town Arrival

Copyright© 2020 by NoMoshing

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 12: Isekai Life & Town Arrival - Book 2 of My Isekai Life in D&D. Theodore and company are tasked with looking into mass disappearances taking place in distant, isolated villages, far from any kingdom or authority. In order to seek the truth, Theodore will have to deal with goblin tribes, alien concepts of honour, secret societies and druidic cults.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   GameLit   High Fantasy   Humor   Incest   Mother   Brother   Sister   Daughter   MaleDom   Humiliation   Group Sex   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Royalty   Slow  

The streets of Rhymer’s Cross was crowded with tents and lean-tos. The night was quiet, and the sounds of our horses’ hooves echoed from the buildings. Occasionally, a curious peasant or townsperson would peer at us from a window or shelter, as we were escorted through town by spearmen and their sardonic leader.

I look aside at her. She had mousy, short-cropped hair, a lean, wolfish figure, and was wearing studded leather armour. “So, uh, are you the captain of the militia, or... ?”

“Shire-reeve,” she replied brusquely, “Or, at least, I was his daughter. Papa disappeared two months ago, and the mayor was killed in a raid three weeks gone. I stepped up, and so here we are.”

“Do attacks happen often?” I asked, “The fields outside don’t look like a battlefield...”

“Aye, the gobbos don’t attack our walls,” she explained, “They wait until we work the fields, or go foraging. Walls stop them, guards don’t.”

“If that’s the case, and you’re still working the fields, why are there so many hungry people here... ?”

She gave me a cutting glance. “Aye, I’d believe you’re from Tresens. That’s a dumb city-folk thing to say.”

I was opening my mouth to reply when she cut me off.

“The wheat’s almost ready, aye. But once it’s harvested it needs to be dried, which takes time. We’ve got enough hands to make the winnowing and grinding easy, but the drying can’t be rushed. So, if the wheat is ready tomorrow, and we harvest it all, and the crows and the moles haven’t eaten too much of it, and we don’t lose any to mold, we would have usable flour in three months and probably not enough to feed everyone by that time.”

I frowned. “Then what is missing that you would be eating, otherwise?”

“Spring vegetables,” she replied, “Carrots, artichokes, and peas would be ready at this time. Last year’s flour would still be good, and aye, we still have some, though we’re mixing it with sawdust. We fish the river, but the fish have started avoiding the length within our walls. We would hunt, but the hunters get ambushed and are never seem again. We took in all the homesteaders who came seeking shelter, so our stores are getting gobbled up. Rationing is pushing us to the brink. So, you and your friends had better be worth taking in, because we’ve got maybe another week of rations left, then it’s rats, boots and riverwater.”

Now that she was talking more, the things she was saying were so bleak I kind of regret pressing her for information...

“What’s your name, anyway?” I asked, “I can’t just call you ‘Shire-reeve’.”

“Estrid.”

Well, at least we’re back to one-word answers.

We drew up next to the shire-reeve’s guard office. “You’ll have some privacy, but the only place we have room is here in the cells,” Estrid said, “You can store stuff inside, I’ll give you the keys so you can lock it up. I won’t rob you, but if you have any fruit I will have to insist you trade most of it to us in exchange for other food. We’re going to have a hard time with Sailor’s Sickness soon.”

“We’ll sort that out in the morning, if it’s okay,” I replied as I dismounted Snacks and began to unbuckle my saddle. “Is there someone to help my kn- allies with their wounds? The goblins weren’t gentle with us on our way in.”

I almost called Voss “my” knight. I’d have to be more careful if we were going to masquerade as just adventurers.

“Aye,” she replied, “I’ll send along the high priest from the temple in the morning. He’s been using his miracles to extend our food supplies, but I’ll tell him to hold off on that to see to your wounds.”

I frowned. The people here won’t love us if we keep stealing their priest away from casting Create Food & Water to tend to us. We would have to come up with new food, fast, on top of making headway against the goblins.

The cells were pretty basic, eight foot by eight foot cages with wooden walls and wrought iron gates in place of doors. Estrid handed us rust-spotted iron keys to open the locks, before departing to carry on with ... whatever she was doing. The rest of the office was pretty simple, just a desk and some notepaper for the reeve, a framed map of the town, and an empty spear rack.

As soon as Estrid wad out of sight, I heard Calliope sigh. “Such a welcoming and warm presence, isn’t she?”

Pot, meet kettle... “She’s probably got a lot on her mind with this situation,” I replied, “But you’re not wrong.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.