My Isekai Life in D&D: Storm - Cover

My Isekai Life in D&D: Storm

Copyright© 2020 by NoMoshing

Chapter 4: Isekai Life & Last Goodbyes

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 4: Isekai Life & Last Goodbyes - Book 2 of My Isekai Life in D&D. Theodore and company are tasked with looking into mass disappearances taking place in distant, isolated villages, far from any kingdom or authority. In order to seek the truth, Theodore will have to deal with goblin tribes, alien concepts of honour, secret societies and druidic cults.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   GameLit   High Fantasy   Humor   Incest   Mother   Brother   Sister   Daughter   MaleDom   Humiliation   Group Sex   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Royalty   Slow  

When the map was delivered, lacking a table, we unrolled it on one of the beds. The map was of the Lakelands only, with the northwestern edge being dominated by the coast touching the Sapphire Sea, which all these lakes emptied to. Osgoode Gate, from which the mountain path to Tresens began, was near the southeast corner. While the map didn’t have an official measurement, considering Pendleton was in the bottom-left, we had some idea of the distance- three-quarters of the map was about a week’s travel. A little less than three-quarters, because Pendleton was further north than Osgoode Gate.

Other towns sprinkled the map. The three northernmost towns- Temple Meadow, Birchen, and Felldarrow- were circled in red, and including Pendleton and Osgoode Gate, there were about a dozen others. Unfortunately, the closest of the circled towns appeared to be at least a week’s journey away, meaning that this wouldn’t be a casual trip.

Calliope tapped part of the map. “What’s the ‘Misty Kingdom’?”

I looked where she was tapping. The northwestern corner of the map was vaguely shaded in with green, bordered by mountains, and labelled the Misty Kingdom.

“Must be some settlement or town or something that they don’t allow outsiders in,” I mused, “But that title is certainly concerning, considering what’s happening. If they have some special power over fog, it’s worth investigating.”

I glanced over other points of interest on the map. The land was dotted with circles of stone, some near towns, some not. There was a barrowlands noted near the centre of the map, and an island fortress near the coast. South of the island fortress was a noted shipwreck, and finally, the southern line of the map, was noted something called “Tallyman’s Stand”, with no indication of what that might be. All of them were possible dungeon locations, and all were probably worthy of checking out if we had time.

“So,” I began, “Our first step, I think, is to head north, crossing the Lakelands to Birchen.” I tapped the red-circled town immediately north of us. “If we don’t find the answers we seek, it will be across the north, visiting Temple Meadow, then Felldarrow. One of these places has to have some kind of clue as to what’s going on.”

“Alright, so when do we leave?” Voss asked.

I rubbed my chin and thought about it. “As soon as possible,” I decided, “Travel time is going to be a pain. We’re going to lose so many days in the saddle, I don’t want to want any being idle if I can help it.”

Excitement over finally doing some real adventuring had replaced the earlier dismay on Voss’ face, but Ashryn and Katriana looked disappointed. I could hardly imagine why, their lover and husband going off so suddenly after deciding to leave them behind.

I rolled up the map and handed it to Voss. “We’re going to need more information the Misty Kingdom and Tallyman’s Stand if you don’t mind hunting down Ricard.”

Voss took the map. “No problem, your grace.”

I then looked at Bekker. “We’ll need provisions for a two-week journey for four.”

He knuckled his forehead and bowed in acknowledgement.

I then turned to Calliope. “Come on, we need to decide what else to pack.”

Enna left with Bekker to help the old man scare up some supplies, while me and four beautiful women (okay, three beautiful women and one girl who who recovering rather nicely from malnutrition) went back to the other room, where I slipped the key out of my sleeve and clicked open my storage chest.

We had long since organized our stored wealth into bags of about 250 gold pieces (or equivalent) each. It was four of these purses I removed from the chest. I then regarded our magical items. I grabbed the pouch with the three magical potions, mostly because they were easy to transport and you never know what you’d need as an adventurer.

Katriana indicated the sheaf of runed arrows. “Voss has a shortbow, you might need those.”

I glanced at her quizzically. “I gave them to you, though.”

Katriana frowned at me. “I’d rather a live husband than some arrows. Take them, alright?”

It seemed a little dramatic of her, but I shrugged and added the arrows to the little pile I was making. Finally, I took up the black steel broadsword. Hopefully, its magical properties would help make up for any untrained penalty ... I stood and turned towards Yua, offering the sword to her handle-first. “I know this is probably strange to you, but I’d rather-”

Yua shook her head. “No.” She pointed to the chest and said something in her own language.

I glanced at the chest, where the two larger swords were lying. “They’re going to be really heavy compared to this one.”

“No,” she repeated firmly.

I returned to the chest and started to lift out the bastard sword, only for Yua to sigh in exasperation, and repeat herself again. “No.”

Hesitantly, I raised the greatsword. Yua nodded solemnly, and told me something in her her language again.

“Alright, then,” I said, putting the broadsword back. “I hope you know how to use this, because the bigger ones aren’t always better.”

When I rose, Yua knelt, raising her open hands above her head to accept the sword. I laid it in her hands carefully, half-expecting her still too-think arms to be unable to support it, but she seemed fine. She chanted something in a way that seemed ritualistic, before rising and giving me a deep, straight-backed bow.

Katriana, meanwhile, was already going through her chest and bringing out bits of her old splintmail. “Yua’s hips are wider, but this should help a little, though when you have time you ought to find someone to alter it for her.”

“I was just giving her something to defend herself with...”

Katriana turned, hauberks in hand, and help it up to Yua’s chest, gauging the size. “Did that whole ringamarole with the kneeling make her look like an untrained warrior?” Katriana asked, “Give her a try. In the worst case, you have to protect her like you already intended to.”

I could sense some flaws in her argument, but looking at Yua in the context of this being my Heaven, what she said made sense. Yua was probably intended to be another party member. I needed to stay aware of my meta-play, it was getting too easy to just wrapped up in the setting and missing out on these clues.

After that, everything had been delegated away. Katriana was busy trying to fit Yua into her old armour. Bekker and Enna were gathering supplies, Voss was gathering information on the map for us. I had divvied out the gold and magic items I thought we’d need, and Calliope volunteered to distribute them.

Ashryn came over to me, and kissed me gently on the neck. “You’re going to say goodbye properly to Katri and I tonight, right? We’re going to miss you dearly...”

I slid a hand down Ashryn’s back, and softly stroked her ass while I watched Katriana fuss over Yua. She sighed appreciatively, wiggling her bottom to encourage me. Soon, Calliope was back after dropping off the gold and arrows for Voss, and settled in under my other arm. “Don’t forget me, we’ve haven’t had a good featherbed for a week and we’re leaving on the morrow...”

I sighed theatrically and helped myself to a handful of Calliope’s bottom as well. “I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time for everyone.”

But now I was praying for everyone to finish up soon.

Voss was the first to return, handing the map back to me. “Tallyman’s Stand is an old battlefield, said to be haunted,” he replied with a shrug, “Mia think it’s an old wives’ tale, though the battlefield is real. The Misty Kingdom is a community of forest elves that keep to themselves. They have some kind of enchantment of the woods they live it that gives it the name, might be a coincidence, might not.”

I nodded. The Misty Kingdom just might be suspect, then. “My instincts tell me that they might not be involved, as being known as the ‘misty’ kingdom then attacking within a fog is kind of a giveaway, but elves are known for employing warriors who are both fighters and mages, so that could just be a kind of combat tactic from them. Still, worth checking out.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.