Not Ordinary - Cover

Not Ordinary

Copyright© 2020 by MothEmperor07

Chapter 18

Chaos! That’s the only way I could describe the situation all around me. I couldn’t make out anything in the fighting around me. The conflict around me had engulfed my vision of Frank and Frost and I didn’t have an idea of what was going on with the two of them. I was trying to move through all the brawls to get to where Frank and Frost were before I was confronted by the three Untethered, I had seen flanking in the club the last go around.

One of them looked at me with a menacing grin and said, “Boss said to make sure that you didn’t escape or flee. We gotta soften you up for the boss if you know what I mean.”

The other two just nodded with matching grins before one of them continued from where the first left off, “Indeed. And the boss doesn’t need you fit and fine, with all your limbs intact. He just needs you to be alive, even just breathing would be fine, in my opinion.”

With their piece said, they proceeded to surround me so that they could prevent me from fleeing or backing away, I guess. I summoned my scythe, ready for the attack that was sure to come. I looked warily at all three, wondering where the first attack would come from. All three of them were slowly inching towards me and I didn’t have an inkling of where the first attack was going to come from.

Being outnumbered three to one was nerve-wracking. I knew that I was outgunned and waiting for the enemy to take the initiative was fraying on my nerves. So, in a moment driven by pure instinct and emotion, I rushed towards the Untethered in front of me, intending to take the first shot and hopefully catch the opposition by surprise.

I didn’t just go in completely blind though, without any preparation or plan of attack. I activated my ability, thus slowing time down for all three of them, rendering it harder for them to react to my onslaught. Before the first guy knew what was going on or that time had, in fact, slowed down for him, rather than him being just slow on the uptake, I had cleaved through him with my scythe, making short work of him.

I didn’t stand around to ponder the gruesome scene in front of me. Instead, I jumped sideways almost instantly, having heard the impending approach of the other two guys. My ability had given all the time I require to evade their attacks and I had already turned around ready to reflect or dodge any further volley of attacks from them.

Contrary to my expectations though, there was no incoming attack. They looked startled and a little intimidated at the course of events, not expecting me to take the fight to them. They seemed hesitant to approach me, having already the devastating effects my ability could have on the battlefield.

Well, I wasn’t about to let go of this golden opportunity. Without much ado, I rushed, my ability still activated. Credit must be given where its due though. They were quick to brace themselves for my attack, already expecting the slowing down of time. I didn’t attack them head-on though, willing to take full advantage of the more enhanced sense of time I had over them. Instead, I completely avoided them altogether, rushing past them before turning around to get a strike on their back.

One of the guys was quick to recognise my strategy and turned around as well, ready to hold off any of my attacks. It was the guy nearest to me who was taken by surprise though, leading to a brief moment of hesitation in turning around. That was all the window I needed as I crouched and struck the man just as he was about to start turning.

My scythe caught him on the knee, before completely tearing through it, leaving him with a stump. The howl of pain and terror that emanated from his throat was enough to shake the hearts of the bravest of persons. Even I had to wince as his heart-wrenching scream told him all I had to know about the pain I had caused.

I wasn’t about to indulge in pity for my foe though. My actions towards his two comrades had the last henchman shaking in his boots, aware of the fate that awaited him. At that moment, I must have seemed like the reaper himself, bloodied scythe in hand, waiting to pass judgment on him.

He unwittingly took a step backwards, probably intimated by my actions until that point. I feared that he was contemplating fleeing and I wasn’t about to let that happen. I have to admit that the bloodlust was getting to me. I found my subconscious had some sick sort of pleasure from the blood that had painted my clothes and face, feeling some convoluted glee seeing the terror in my enemy’s eyes.

It was with this feeling of sickening euphoria, the want of more pain from my enemies that I rushed towards the last of Frost’s closest aides. I felt invincible, akin to a god of war that had never tasted defeat in battle. I waved my scythe in the air as I rushed towards my enemy, performing some sort of a weird dance to signify my lust for battle and blood at that moment, terrifying my opponent even more, if his expression was anything to go by.

I came down on him hard, striking him with all the force I could muster. He barely managed to avoid it, backing away in time, making my scythe hit the ground and causing cracks to spread out from the point my scythe had managed to hit the ground. But that was all the fight he had in him. the slowing down of time for him meant that he had barely adjusted before he saw the fatal strike of my scythe heading for him once more. This time, though, he was too helpless to avoid it. He didn’t even have time to close his eyes as my scythe pierced the crown of his skull, thus witnessing his own inevitable doom.

The battle seemed to have slowed all around me in my euphoric daze. I watched almost flippantly as Untethered fought all around me, desperately baying for each other’s blood. And it was at that moment that I had a stark realisation. I couldn’t distinguish between friend or foe. Or rather, I found myself not caring.

All I saw all around me were potential targets who I could kill to quench my own thirst for blood. It suddenly didn’t matter to me who was fighting for what, I just wanted to fight them all. I had trouble remembering what this war was for. Suddenly, it only seemed to have one purpose for me. The only thing that had meaning. Death. The amount of death that would be spread due to this war had me involuntarily smirking gleefully in anticipation.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.