The Adventures of Calvin Michael Johnson
Chapter 12

Copyright© 2020 by Rycliff

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 12 - This is my first attempt at a serial, and at a Do Over. I hope to post weekly. our hero is an unlikely one, he doesn't deserve a second chance but he is the only one who can change the course of mankind but it will be a struggle of epic proportions. can he overcome the past and the obstacles set up against him and bring about the evolution of mankind.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Science Fiction   Aliens   DoOver  

July 11, – July 17, 1976

Sunday.

I started my day by running 3 miles and doing all of my exercises. I was getting stronger. I could feel it. I did not see a lot of muscle development, but to be honest, it’s only been a couple of weeks.

I showered and dressed in a suit. Young Calvin had a habit of going to church on Sundays, and I thought I should keep going. At the very least, it gave me something to do and somewhere to be. Calvin’s church was close by, it would be in a somewhat familiar place, and I would not stick out there. I readied myself for an onslaught of questions and well-wishers. I hope I can convey a solemn appearance and the proper mournful expression. I know Calvin would sorely miss his folks, and be miserable to be here. So, I would have to act appropriately.

I arrived in time for the morning service, intentionally missing Sunday School. I wasn’t a kid, and I figured it would be easier not to start an argument this way. I sat in the pew that Calvin and his parents usually occupied, all the while noticing another family had claimed it. I sat on the end of the row, closest to the center aisle and thus the exit. That being the prime spot in any pew because when the service was over, you could get up and leave.

The choir stood up and started to sing a hymn I didn’t recognize or remember. It was very nicely composed, and the choir sounded terrific. After a couple more, I dug into Calvin’s memories. It appears he paid much closer attention to church than I did in my time in one. He had a vast encyclopedia of memorized hymns, songs, scriptures. I was embarrassed by my lack. But he was clearly, a true believer where I was one but only notionally. I believed a person’s spirituality was a personal and private matter where Calvin was more outspoken in his beliefs. He has memories of being bullied in school for his outspoken views. I would have to try to maintain his level of dedication. But using the accident, and his parents’ untimely death. And the way the Church had, or had not, supported him. Resulting in a knock to his belief as an excuse. I can tone down the rhetoric. The choir director, Mrs. Jefferson, was leading the congregation in a great many songs with alternating standing and sitting, clapping and arm raising. I was starting to sweat. The small building, which did not have air conditioning, was beginning to heat up. Many ladies of the congregation were waving small hand fans in an attempt to cool off.

By the time Pastor Jefferson stood behind the pulpit to deliver his sermon, the heat was oppressive. I was sweating in big droplets, and my hair was soaked. The sweat was running down the back of my neck. I was becoming uncomfortable. The sermon was, of course, on fire, brimstone, and sinners in a lake of fire for all of eternity. I wanted to tell him about the Guardians. Of course, doing that would mean I would have to mention the Agents of Chaos, so maybe not. I wasn’t sure about a Hell or a Heaven. I wasn’t discounting the notion, but I wasn’t entirely convinced of the idea as fact. I understand to need for some afterlife reward or punishment. I even agree that it helps keep people in check to a degree.

The sermon went on for over an hour and closer to an hour and a half. People were falling asleep, not out of boredom, so much as from the heat. It had to be over 90 degrees inside the little church. Even with the windows open, it was no help. There wasn’t any wind, not even a whisper of a breeze. So, we cooked. Finally, the pastor asked everyone to stand for the final invocation.

We noisily rose to our feet. Grunts could be heard from those who had sat motionless for so long that limbs had cramped. The prayer was long as well, but it ended, and we were allowed to leave the sanctuary. There was a potluck for lunch. I had Calvin’s memories and knew the lunch would turn into an afternoon bible study and then evening service. The day would be over, and people would get home well after dark.

I was expecting the Jameses for lunch at the hotel, so I returned to the hotel. After cooking sitting in church, I took a shower and changed into more casual clothes. I called the front desk to have my suit dry-cleaned. It definitely needed it after this morning. I hurried to get ready by the appointed time. I took the elevator to the lobby and awaited the Jameses.

They arrived on time. We were seated at our table quickly and given a menu, and the specials explained to us. They were curious about what I wanted to discuss. I told them their questions would be answered soon and not worry. We were taken to our table quickly. And given a menu and had the specials explained to us. I told them to order whatever they wanted; I would cover the check.

“Well, Calvin. I am not going to complain about a free meal. I will ask if everything is above board and kosher. But I am going to order the steak and shrimp, and a Baked potato, and I’m going to enjoy myself,” Mr. James, Ronald Sr said.

“Ron, come on. You’re not going to ask how he can afford this place or why he brought us all the way out here on a Sunday afternoon? Well, if you won’t, I will. This is an expensive place, Calvin, and I just hope you haven’t done anything illegal to pay for it. I’m sorry, but I have to say it. I know my eldest is in trouble with the law. I’ve tried to do everything I know to raise my boys right. I can’t live their life for them. Ronnie Jr is a gangbanger. And I think he is doing worse things than that.” Mrs. James stated plainly.

The look on Ronald Sr’s face was unreadable. He was stone-faced, and his lips tightly shut. His mouth formed a straight line across the bottom of his face.

Mrs. James continued, “I also know that Junior has tried to influence RJ to join his gang and to follow his big brother into a criminal lifestyle. I couldn’t stand it if I lost both of them to the darkness. I would like to think you are different, Calvin. I know your parents would be terribly disappointed in you if you were involved in anything criminal.”

“Please don’t worry, Mrs. J. I am not involved in anything dishonest or criminal in any way. I brought you here to discuss something particularly important. You may not be aware of it yet. I received a substantial settlement, the details of which I can’t divulge for legal reasons. But believe me, it’s big. My uncle was to be my guardian when he discovered he could not touch it or the money from my parents’ life insurance policy, which is all in trust. He even tried to get $100,000 from the trust but was denied. That’s when my loving, caring uncle showed his true colors and split, leaving me high and dry. Since my home was destroyed in the drive-by, I have been staying in this hotel in one of the suites on the upper floors, and I will have them add this meal to my hotel room bill.

“I plan to apply to the court to be emancipated. If that doesn’t occur, I will not worry about it. What I am proposing is that you, Mr. and Mrs. James, petition the courts to become my legal guardian. I would be willing to buy a more spacious house for us all to live in. I’ve seen a house. I think you’ll like it also. We can take a drive to see it after lunch, and you guys can take a look and see what you think.”

To show them that I was being serious, I will tell you I am staying in this hotel in one of the suites on the upper floors, and I will have them add the meal to my hotel room bill.”

I pulled out the cashier’s check from my pocket pouch and handed it to Mr. James and asked him to show it to his wife. “This proves I am not only serious, but I am capable of coming through on my promise to buy the house. I have already made an offer in the amount of the cashier’s check you see before you.”

To say they were astonished was putting it mildly, they were astounded.

“That’s more than I make in a year,” Mr. James said.

His wife was trying to grip it in her hands when Mr. James took it and handed it back to Me. “I will receive a check for $50,000 annually until I am age 18. Then I will inherit the bulk of the trust. I would like to help you guys out. You all have been like a second family to me. And this way we will be family.

When we had finished lunch, we drove over to the house for the Jameses to look it over.

We got to the house and noticed that an open house sign had been put up.

We walked right inside and walked around the house. I let the Jameses do most of the looking around, seeing as I had already seen and liked it, but I wanted their honest opinions. They went throughout the house, looking in all the rooms. They were impressed and liked the home and wished they could live there. They thought the price was out of their reach. They didn’t think it would be right to make me pay so much for it. I knew then I was going to love these people.

I took them out to the back yard to the garage area. Here I showed them the space I wanted to use as a workshop and mechanic’s shop. I also laid out where I wanted to have the pool and jacuzzi hot tub put in, as well as the pool house/guest apartment. There was plenty of room in the backyard for them. I thought it best we leave without talking to any of the realtors, especially since Mr. sawyer was going to have someone check them out sometime this week.

I did make one comment to RJ, “If this is going to work, you are going to have to stop acting like an ass. We’ve been friends forever. So why all of a sudden are you acting like this?

I’m willing to prove my friendship by making you, my brother. So, you need to figure out what your problem is and fix it. I don’t like being pissed off at you, and I don’t want to have to be. We have never had a problem like this. I am sure you are purposely creating problems for some reason. I want us to be living together, but I won’t go through all of this if you’re going to keep up this asshole act.”

When we left, I asked to be dropped off at the hotel. They could then talk among themselves about everything we had discussed and not worry about me overhearing their thoughts if they weren’t all in on it. After getting to the hotel, I decided to hop over to the mall and see a movie. The Omen was still playing so I bought a ticket and went inside to watch the suspenseful thriller. I enjoyed it all over again. It was an instant classic.

Monday.

I made my way to Mr. Sawyers’ office and was directed to a young, maybe early 20’s legal assistant. She was dressed smartly, but conservatively as one would expect in a law office environment. She took me to the main branch of the First National Bank to reopen the accounts I had closed, at the neighborhood sub-branch a few days earlier. Or face a discrimination suit for not following the judge’s court order.

We arrived at the bank as soon as it opened and spoke to a vice president in charge of customer accounts.

I showed him the paperwork, and I told him how his branch manager had responded and acted towards me based on my race. At first, he was not buying it and accused me of making up a story until I showed him the cashier’s check.

When he was confronted with the cashiers’ cheque for such a large amount of money, he turned an even paler shade of white. He grabbed the phone on his desk and proceeded to call the sub-branch. When he got the manager on the line and went through the entire scenario with him. When the manager admitted to his behavior and said he had no idea, I had so much money in the bank was when the VP terminated him.

He apologized to me and reopened the accounts as directed by the courts. He told me that if I ever needed any assistance in the future that I could speak to him directly, and he gave me his card with his direct phone line printed on it. Before I left, I asked for a couple of hundred dollars and asked if they could cash or let me deposit the traveler’s checks. They cashed them. I decided to put $2000 into my savings account and kept about $500 in cash. The rest of the money went into checking.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.