Being Human
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2020 by Armera Llsehi

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 3 - To be human is not something that can be defined by any one individual. Rachele has her own code of ethics and views having lived in a world alongside other humans. Ghok is an alien with a culture all his own, but becomes more human than he is. Yet the question that arises is: what does it mean to be human?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fiction   Aliens   Oral Sex   Pregnancy  

The tears stream silently down Doctor Rachele Littrell’s cheeks as the gloomy black casket descends into the earth. While members of the girl’s immediate family breaks down in grief, Rachele maintains a stoic dignity. It is a tragic outcome to a long, painful battle against a horrible attack brought on by the Nehrezl. The girl was the last to succumb to the parasite unleashed on the crew. All had died on the ship, but somehow she held on. Rachele wasn’t infected because she was with Ghok at the time.

After more than a month in the care of the best medical doctors on the planet, the girl finally seemed like she was on the mend. But within another week, any and all medicines and treatments all failed suddenly. Her condition began to deteriorate rapidly. Within a day she had lapsed into a coma and then died. Ghok wasn’t able to lend his help because he wasn’t a scientist. He was what would be the equivalent of a laborer on Earth.

As for the alien, he spent the majority of his time confirming Rachele’s story and explaining how his society worked. He promised that there was not going to be retaliation because his people simply had no idea where they were or where to look. Besides, there space travel was less advanced as the peoples’ on Earth. So after learning all they could and determining that he wasn’t going to bring down the entire human race on his own, Ghok was released. Much of his release had to do with the Terrestrial Outer Defense Force clearing him and determining that there weren’t any incoming threats to the planet or outlying colonies.

Today is the first day that she has been able to see Ghok since they were rescued. She didn’t even get to see her colleague since or before she died. And with the crew dead with an unknown parasite, their bodies were incinerated to avoid any spreading to the rest of the population. The research ship they left on and came back with was sailed right into the sun. All anyone had to go on was Rachele’s story and Ghok’s back up of it.

One by one, those closest to the girl step up to the edge of the grave and toss a white rose onto the coffin. Rachele dabs her moist eyes and cheeks with a small, white handkerchief as her turn approaches. She stands up and walks over to the officiator, who is holding a basket full of the flowers. “Thank you,” she says, softly acknowledging the man as she collects a rose. Pausing for a moment by the graveside, she sighs. Her fingers absently stroke the stem of the rose, hesitating to commit that all too final gesture of casting it into the cold, dark hole for eternity. “I’m sorry,” she whispers to the memory of her departs colleague and friend, before finally letting the rose slip from her fingers.

Even if anyone overheard her, they would assume she meant the words in another way than she intended. Everyone that is, except Ghok.

Rachele turns and makes her way down the aisle, vacating the graveside for the next mourner who wishes to pay tribute. Behind the seats other attendees are beginning to gather in clusters, yet Rachele drifts into an open area some distance away from any of them. Now that the funeral is all but over, she needs some time to gather her thoughts and process the surprising impact the service has had upon her.

An hour ago, life had seemed so simple. For all its grief and regret, it was nonetheless simple. She had made up her mind that she would have an abortion. It would be a quick, simple solution. Then she could put this whole awful ordeal behind her once and for all and try to pick up the pieces of her life. Her professional career was hit hard, but she would bounce back. Besides, she had brought back and alien, proof that they weren’t alone in the universe. That is probably her only saving grace. Being pregnant was not at all what she expected, especially considering how Ghok was an entirely different species than her.

But then when she saw the coffin, when her friend’s death became real to her, suddenly things don’t feel so simple anymore. There was a part in the eulogy where they were supposed to rejoice the life the girl lived. It struck a chord with Rachele. She was the reason for her friend dying along with the rest of crew. It was her fault that she decided to fuck an alien. She gave into her curiosity, no one else. She brought this down upon them all—her alone. But it didn’t stop there. She continued to fuck Ghok on the ship, finding diversion there. She didn’t check on the rest of the crew. She didn’t ensure that they were safe and comforted. She was safe herself and finding her own comfort in an alien’s arms. That same alien whose brethren tried to kill them all. Who, for the most part, succeeded in that task.

Throughout the funeral, the tragedy of it all resonated with her. Life can be cut so short in just an instant. Yet at the same time, there were the stirring of a new life within her womb. It is a life that should not be possible—one of alien origins. Quite possibly, it could somehow not be alien, but that would mean that Rachele is only kidding herself. Her only saving grace is that she is not married or that she doesn’t have a boyfriend or lover. Ironically, there seems to be a cosmic, perhaps divine balance to it all. While one life has been snuffed out, another has been made to replace it. Having to carry a child—even half alien—almost seems like it is the due Rachele has to pay for her appallingly selfish behavior. She begins to entertain the idea that if she doesn’t bring this child into the world, her conscience would never truly be clear. It was sex with Ghok that lead to this disaster. The consequence to that sex is the baby. She still doesn’t want to have a baby, yet now she feels like she has to see this pregnancy through.

On top of everything else going on right now, this realization is the last thing she needs. Rachele is still traumatized from her own brush with death. Not just the death she could have faced had the Kagvuk gotten her, but how she could have easily been infected with the foreign parasite. Plus, she is still upset with what is essentially a break up with Ghok and mourning her best friend and colleague.

Looking forward to a fresh start is the only thing that she has to keep her going. And now that her future will be consumed with the burdens of pregnancy and the aftermath of her child being born half alien, it feels like her whole world has just come crashing down. She feels so alone right now. Nobody knows about the baby, nobody knows what she is going through. All she wants is for somebody to hold her and tell her that everything will be all right.

Ordinarily she would turn to friends or family for solace in such a time of need, but she has no family and most of her friends were on that expedition. Those that she still has are away in other cities around the world or have moved off to one of the colonies. Seeing Ghok had stirred memories of what they shared, but they have been apart for so long since returning that she has to ask herself if she even wants his comfort right now, considering that those feeling s will bubble right back to the surface and she wouldn’t be able to stay away from him afterward. She surprises herself when she thinks that yes she would.

Dabbing the steadily-flowing tears from her eyes with the handkerchief, Rachele raises her head for the first time since leaving the graveside and surveys the cemetery landscape. There are a lot of faces. Some are familiar like her friend’s parents and old professors, and some are totally unknown to her. Across the throng of black-clothed mourners, she spies Ghok standing alone. The very sight of him makes her squirm. He is her shame. It is his baby that she now carries. Seeing him again today of all days is about as uncomfortable a situation as can be. Of course she knew that he would come to the funeral. He is just as guilty as she is for the tragedy. Still, she wasn’t prepared to see him again. Yet, even with all the awkwardness between them, even if it is all in her mind and even with the way her stomach sinks when she looks at him, Rachele has to admit to herself that she would welcome some comfort from the alien right now, if it is an option.

Part of her curses her own foolishness for even thinking such a thing. Getting some comfort from Ghok is how she got into this mess. But another part of her cannot help admit that the last couple of days on the ship were actually quite pleasant, considering the circumstances. He had shown her a great deal of tenderness through their brief affair, even though that is not how his society works.

A fresh wave of tears spills from her eyes. I can definitely use a little tenderness right now. She recalls how when he volunteered to teach them everything about his species and their world he did so with the purest intentions. She laments how it was her that fed into her human nature and destroyed everything. How can he make such an overture to me now? The more she dwells on it, the more she manages to convince herself that she is wrong. The kindness of Ghok isn’t something that just gets turned off or one like a light switch. He had shown her compassion on the ship during their love making. Either he had no feelings as to what became of the crew or he was genuinely compassionate. But if he didn’t care, would he be at the funeral now?

Almost all at once the gathered mourners begin to migrate toward the cemetery parking. The girl’s parents are hosting a reception at their house. Rachele was given a ride to the funeral from her apartment. Being just out of college that expedition was her first and so she didn’t have much money. She couldn’t afford a vehicle. Luckily the apartment was furnished by the college and just right off campus. With a ride to the cemetery, it was understood that she would get a ride to the reception and then home afterward.

She meets with her ride. The drive to the family home is understandably quiet. Rachele uses the quiet time to figure out precisely how she could appeal to Ghok. He was probably determined to ignore her so he could just pretend their fling had never happened. Certainly he had found one of the many people interested in seeing him, flocking to whatever corner of the world he had already visited in the last month and a half. She would have to do something drastic to grab his attention.

The street is already crowded with parked cars on both sides by the time they arrive. It is uncomfortable the instant Rachele steps through the front door. Crowded, but also disturbingly quiet for such a large gathering. For a while, she is intimidated by the thought of putting her plan into action around so many people, but soon decides that the crowd would only make it easier.

Rachele spends about a half hour making the obligatory hellos and other solemn small talk to acquaintances and strangers alike, frequently keeping tabs on the alien. It wouldn’t be seemly for him to just leave so quickly. He was just as famous of her, perhaps even more so. After the initial hype Ghok has been treated more as a celebrity than an alien from another world. She doesn’t know his tolerance for such crowds, and she doesn’t want to risk him suddenly disappearing so she finally makes her move. Ghok has just finished a brief conversation with a couple of people.

Calmly moving along a seemingly organic path through the room, Rachele sneaks up on him from behind. If he didn’t see her coming, he cannot try to escape. “Hi,” she says with no false vulnerability in her voice. As hopeful as she is, the woman is well aware that her chances of receiving any kindness aren’t good. She makes sure to stand close to him so that he cannot possibly pretend that he had not heard her

“Hello,” he curtly turning toward her to make eye contact.

“How are you?” she asks

“Fine,” he replies after a pause.

“That’s good,” Rachele says quietly, nodding to herself. “I guess you’ve been pretty busy since all this began. I’m surprised I haven’t heard from you. You must have found a new fling.” The last part comes out without much thought. Her emotions have gotten ahold of her words and taken over the speech department in her brain. Of course she wouldn’t normally just blurt something like that out. She would ease it out of him, making him reveal the truth. Rachele feels hurt, not just because she just called him out like that, but because she blew it.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.