Erica Olafson, Rise of the Dark One (Vol 10)
Chapter 18: Decision

Copyright© 2019 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Luurat, the High Lord of the Tomradi noticed the sudden confusion among the Hordes and host of beasts.

Crimsor’s demonic troops, no longer focused on Luurat.

The Yellow Wizard who wiped the sky clean of Battle Discs had disappeared. The remaining Yellow Robes acted confused, and then everything stopped. All creation paused for an immeasurable moment.

It was like a primeval shout, louder than thunder reaching every mind and entity, the Dark One had resurrected and was whole once more.

Far beyond., the consciousness of Creation herself felt the demise of her champion, Lord Lumis was no more. She, like no other entity would be the focus of vengeance eternal. She pleaded and begged with the One Behind it All. But all she heard was the response. “It is done, His is the Judgement alone.”

Luurat, the leader of the Tomradi was not an entity, but he too felt the sudden shift of power and control. Whatever had guarded Avondur was gone. The Seven Circles lost all their control and reason to exist.

He saw troops emerge from the old Estrella compound with a clear indication to join a raging battle in the east. He raised his arms. “Attack all that lives. Render it under Tomradi control or render it dead.”

His command not only unleashed the thousands of Tomradi that had already reached the surface but also legions waiting in Battle discs, now advancing once more.

--””—

Stahl and his small band of powerful individuals had withstood the onslaught of thousands of powerful Netherworld denizens, but for every thousand slain, a thousand more appeared.

The Eternal Warrior was at the end of his battle suits resources. He had been in situations like this before, but never had he fought alongside the Narth Supreme or his beloved wife who had transformed into her demonic form.

Most surprised was he of Egill, the Neo Viking. The man somehow transformed into a bulky, muscle-bound Viking warrior lord, fighting like a berserker, cutting demons with his sword like they were made of paper.

Alegar his Saresii friend also was no longer human but had taken the shape of a gray cat-like creature tearing into the enemy with bestial ferocity.

Luci the daughter of Lucifer fought with all she had.

Despite all this, he knew they could not hold for much longer. A weak voice in him told him to retreat. Pass through the Nexus point behind.

Just as he considered it, the Nexus point flashed white with the transition energies of active transspatial passages.

A huge spider appeared with not one but four QNP TKUs, followed by a giant of a man holding a landing tank cannon, pouring withering fire into the rows of Demons. The transitions did not stop.

A Dai advanced and demonstrated to the Universe why his kind was known to be the most dangerous fighters of them all. His speed was inhuman and his blades cut a swath of gore into the rows of advancing enemies.

A fist forming out of rubble swathing hundred at once.

The very ground shook as Petharian and Y’All appeared.

Elfi, the Princess, in a battle suit crouched next to the Eternal Warrior and handed him fresh energy cells, while she precision sniped two of the enemy hordes, now suddenly reinforced by Tomradi warriors. “Commander Roghor thought you might need a bit of support. Sir.”

He gave her a thankful look and shoved a new cell in his QNP. “I think ‘stay and wait’ is a useless command to the crew of the Tigershark.”

She grinned behind her helmet. “You weren’t specific as to where we supposed to wait.”

The Nexus point kept flashing. And more of the Tigershark crew appeared. Even in over 3000 years, the Eternal Warrior never saw such a cohesive and deadly fighting force.

The Tomradi, now in the majority, brought heavy ground assault equipment.

After a short pause of inactivity, the Nexus Point flashed again.

The individuals appearing were known as Steel’s Gauntlet. Handpicked by Stahl, these Marines gave the Tomradi a taste of war they never faced before.

Chief Redhorse, Gunnery Sergeant of Steel’s Gauntlet crouched on Stahl’s other side. “Sorry Sir, could not stay away and let you have all the fun alone.”

“Chief, good to see you, Do you think we can establish a defense parameter. I need some room to understand what we need to do next.”

“I brought an entire regiment of Cerbs, Sir.”

Out of all this Alice, the girl reappeared. Holding a sword engulfed in Black Flames in her right and the severed head of a demon in her left. she addressed the Tomradi and the demons alike. “SATA is no more, my father will close all the rifts and tears, destroy old entities. I am indeed the WEAPON. I was conceived to slay what can not be slain. I have recognized my father and he has given me Dark Blade to carry out vengeance.

Tomradi, you want war. War you shall have.”

--””—

The now nearly omnipotent being turned and crossed his arms. “Scores of entities tremble as they witnessed and felt my awakening, yet there is a certain Genolax who has no reservation calling the Dark One, stoopiz. Mr. Meeze I am all-knowing and yet I want to hear why you think I am stupid.”

“You are not the Captinz. You act like all mighty and powerful, but Meeze findz a way to make you show us where you put our Captinz.”

“You know who I am, you, like all that exists, know what I am and yet, you ignore the most primeval fear on your captain’s behalf. In so doing you made me proud to share this Omniverse with you. I am now in contact with Erica, and some time might pass for you but rest assured you see her again.”

“You still think, Meeze is the stoopiz. You say this big thingz and think I believe you?”

It was certainly the first time anyone or anything made the Dark One chuckle with amusement. “I guess I can’t put a fast one on you, as a Terran would say. Come then, Mr. Meeze and also you Tyron. I am certain she will be glad to see both of you.”

--””—

The corpulent woman spoke about the Armies of the worlds having assembled on a plane outside a city called Sandakaar. Most of the names and groups she mentioned meant nothing to me.

I knew I was on a planet named Avondur, and this was the place my dark side internal brother wanted to come. I remembered meeting Stahl, General Lichfangh, Admiral Lydaa and among a few others, beloved Egill.

But this where my memories ended and I found myself here. I knew I no longer shared my mind.

I was confused, didn’t know what to do or where to go.

These self-proclaimed angels were friendly enough after an initial rough misunderstanding of sorts, my initial situation had improved. I was wearing clothing and had received a meal of tasteless bread and stew of something I only could describe as bland. Compared to this, the seaweed and flicker soup of Helga Sorenson was an explosion of flavor; and she was known to skip the salt and stretching things with water.

I did not complain, it was reasonably hot and given freely. What bugged me to the core and did not ease my inner clouds of steaming rage. I hosted the mind of that cursed so-called brother of mine. I did what he wanted, and that is how he repaid me?

What in Odin’d name did I have to do with Avondur? For all I knew, Roghor had gotten new orders and my Tigershsrk had lifted off...

While I was sitting there, a sudden feeling of completion and euphoria engulfed me. It was like a lake of Black Flames, nothing could have prepared me, it was all-encompassing. I knew then my shadowy brother was indeed a god. For the shortest moment, I shared his omnipotence. For that brief moment, I was aware of every molecule, every being and every word ever spoken or thought. This moment was so beyond me as a Flickerfish was to a Tyranno.”

The voice that had always filled my inside was now clearly coming from a new source.

“You dirty rotten piece of Nubhir Poop. I did what you asked me to do. Why punish me like that?

“Sister, when I united with my body, we switched places. It sent you to the realm of the Judge, while it placed me into the Prime Universe. I was not yet aware of everything or your fate.”

“I don’t care. You know I would have searched for you, all you cared about was your body and reaching that last token.

“I did not know what happened to you and the last step was indeed of paramount importance. That you regained consciousness and fought your way out of my realm is clear evidence that you are indeed my sister and more than a mere mortal.”

“You shared my mind for all this time and still you don’t know me. I give a Fangsnapper’s arse about powers and all that meta crap. I learned who I am. Erica Olafson, daughter of Nilfeheim Captain of the USS Tigershark and her crew.”

“I know sister, I know. I have two of our friends right here. One of which had no problem calling me stoopiz.”

“Meeze!”

“Yes, Meeze.To the world just another Genolax, to me the most loyal soul. And he is but one, in this my sister you are the richest being in the Universe. From XO Har-Hi to the lowest deckhand they are dedicated to you.

“So, what’s next?”

“We will go our separate ways, but you will always be connected to me. Let us not appear together Sister. Let us separate and see what is yours and what is mine. Let us also determine what will remain ours indeed.”

Meeze appeared out of thin air, while a gray form immediately turned black and flowed around me. Tyron was just a piece of advanced technology, yet I could feel his deep love like a cocoon around me. His artificial voice cracked uncharacteristically. “Captain, I missed you so very much.”

I didn’t know why my eyes felt wet as I choked, “I missed you, Tyron.”

“I brought your .45 and your knife.”

Meeze wiggled close while looking around. “So this where stoopiz dumped you off?”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.