The Smith
Forward

Copyright© 2019 by Shaddoth

Imagine a world with a plethora of superpowered humans in a universe similar to ours. Good, bad and a bit of both. Mostly both, since humans even at their best or worst, were still human.

In Smith, my few hundred thousand word, multi chapter book; A Device Master takes on a new apprentice to pass on his knowledge, whether that specifically chosen young person was willing or not.

A toaster is a machine, a flying toaster that reminds you to flip your eggs is a Device. Super Science. They are things imagined, not to be invented for years, decades or centuries, which a select few can and do build. Some useful, some not so much. Man being Man, weapons would always be associated with Devices.

Iron Man’s Armor is just one example of such a Device. One that everyone could instantly recognize as something that did not belong in the current technological era, yet did, in the comics of yore.

This is not a tale of Superheroes or the Device Master, but of the student and her growth from a sheltered, naïve teen, to a strong young woman; told from the Master’s perspective.

In this alternate world, people and places with similar names can be found. US and the UF are similar not exact replicas. That goes for the other nations around the word that are mentioned in the story.

Any characters mentioned in the story are pigments of the author’s imagination and have no bearing with any living or dead people in our own messed up little world.

A special thanks goes out to Phil who spent long hours (hiding from the heat) with bleeding eyes trying to correct my words and phrases and continuity.

Enjoy

Shad.

P.S. Pigments of my imagination is a very old inside joke. Don’t take it to heart that the rest of the story is as out of whack as that phrase. I couldn’t help myself.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.