The Volunteer - Cover

The Volunteer

Copyright© 2019 by Wayzgoose

Intro

The Volunteer is not a story. It is a journey inside the head of a chronically homeless man. It has been divided into ten ‘chapters’ for posting and display purposes but the original book, published in 2013, had no chapters. This is an online presentation of the original book. No other edits have been or will be made. It is finished.

This journey is not my life, though when my sister read the book, she immediately called me and said, “We have to talk. You obviously had a different father than I had.” It took a while to convince her that no matter what of our homelife and settings she might have recognized, the narrative was fiction, not an autobiography.

Yet, in many ways, it is also the beginning of my journey. In 2013, I set out in a truck and travel trailer to live the life of a nomad author. I have been on the road ever since. I let G2 open the door for me.

My daughter, who loves dark literary fiction, believes this is the best of my novels. I love her anyway.

Copyright 2013 Nathan Everett

All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be used or reproduced by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping, or by any information storage retrieval system, without the written permission of the publisher except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

Online Serial Edition, 2019

ISBN 978-1-950183-11-1

Print edition ISBN 978-1-939275-19-6

eBook edition ISBN 978-1-939275-20-2

ElderRoadBooks@outlook.com

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.