Black List V: Ascension
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2019 by Armera Llsehi

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Samantha Roberts is still missing. The Goji under the control of a mysterious force known as the Sura are making their presence known. It's up to the TDF and its new recruits to team up with the Black List in a hope to bring down the danger that now looms over the world.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fiction   Crime   Military   Science Fiction   Paranormal   Cream Pie   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Violence  

Mike Grines, the new director of the Terrestrial Defense Force, sits behind his desk with his arms across his chest and a frown set on his face. Sitting on the opposite side of the desk are the newest members of the team. With everything that has happened over the last few months, especially with the loss of Samantha Roberts, he has been trying to replenish ranks while combating new threats. The journey getting here has been difficult to say the least though. Part of that difficulty is the woman standing off in the corner of the room with her arms similarly crossed across her chest.

The woman is Julie Branon, an agent of the Black List. It is not necessarily the woman that he has a problem with, but the organization she comes from. Roger Cornelius, the former head of the TDF, kept his secrets. One of those was his working as closely with the Black List as he was. He saw the importance of having such an ally in the corner, and it was something he passed on to Mike. That doesn’t mean that Mike has to like them.

The Black List has technology no one else in the world has, which right off the bat is one damn good reason to have them on their side. They have more assess and people at their disposal that anyone could imagine, even if that number has been dwindling at a rapid rate over the past few years. In a way they need him as much as he needs them. Still, it doesn’t quell his distaste of having one of its agents in his office.

The silence of the office is enough to unnerve anyone, but it doesn’t bother him. He is just ready to get the meeting over with, just as soon as Spencer Reeds shows up. And no sooner does this thought cross his mind, does the man walk in. “Good to see that you decided to grace us with your appearance, Reeds,” Mike says.

“Sorry, I was doing some follow up work,” the man says.

“And I told you to take some time off,” Mike grinds out. “But since you insist on disobeying my orders, you can at least make it in here on time.”

“Until I find out what happened to Sam, you know I can’t,” Spencer says with a sad look of guilt.

“Yeah, yeah,” the director says, waving his hand dismissively through the air. His expression hasn’t changed, and probably won’t. He liked Samantha, as did many in the organization. She was a good agent.

“You said that you had something important,” Spencer prompts, eager to get back to his search for his former partner.

“Yes, I did,” Mike nods. He then gestures to have the agent take a seat, but Spencer respectfully declines and instead chooses to remain standing. Mike grins. “You know Agents Stone and Dupree,” he says, gesturing to the two agents sitting.

“Yes, two of our newest members,” Spencer says with a nod, barely tossing either agent a glance.

“And we have a special guest from the Black List,” Mike says, looking over toward the corner.

Spencer follows his gaze. “Julie.”

The woman abruptly pushes away from the wall and walks over to Spencer. She leans in to give him a hug while whispering into his ear, “I’m sorry.”

Spencer clears his throat in response as she releases him and steps back. It is words he has heard for the past three months and ones he care to not really hear anymore. “I wouldn’t expect you to be here, let alone say those words.”

“Because of that stunt you pulled, leaving me unconscious behind enemy lines?” she asks.

“Anyhow,” Mike says quickly and with minor annoyance before the situation progresses any further. “I initially planned for you to accompany Stone and Dupree in the investigation into True Group, but Agent Branon is running a similar case that you will be interested in hearing about.”

“That’s correct,” Julie says, taking over. “We have been following True Group as closely as we can, but it has been rather difficult. From what we suspect, the company is legit in every way, but is headed by a group known as the Ternion.”

“Never heard of them,” Spencer remarks.

“And I’d expect that many haven’t,” Julie asserts. “They are the only three Sura on the Goji council of Winter and the three most powerful of the Sura.”

“The ones we faced in Argentina?” Spencer asks.

“That is correct,” she confirms. “And because the Goji and everything that goes on has been kept hidden from the rest of the world it has made it a bit difficult to remove them.”

“That isn’t something that has stopped the Black List before,” Mike interjects.

“True,” Julie says nonchalantly. “But in this case, if we did, it would cause a lot of suspicion and investigations. The situation with the Goji is tense and True Group is helping the world, which in turn provides the perfect cover. Plus they have funding from many sources.”

“Kind of strange to be helping when all they do is destroy everything,” Spencer comments.

“Which is why it is the perfect cover,” she continues. “You can become the savior of the world in the eyes of the people while blinding them from what you really are doing.”

“So what does it have to do with us?” Jonathan says, speaking out for the first time. Then he clarifies. “I mean, if we can’t bring them down.”

“Exactly,” Melissa agrees. Her voice is surprisingly authoritative. “No matter who takes them down, it is still going to raise questions.”

“That is true, but a terrorist group called The People’s Hope have been rallying against True Group, protesting against them and accusing them of polluting the planet and even being terrorists. They are even suspected of attacking the cargo vessels.”

“Then it sounds like we can slip in and finish them off, no questions asked,” Spencer remarks.

“If only that was the end of it,” Julie adds, continuing. “About the same time these protests and attacks began, the Black List has fallen under attack. We have been losing agents at an alarming rate.”

“With the recent events, I don’t find that at all surprising,” Mike remarks a little harshly.

If Julie is offended by the tone the man takes, she certainly doesn’t show it when she turns toward him. “I could say the same if it happened to you, but these are agents that hold positions—high positions—from law enforcement to government.”

“And you’re not thinking that it’s random,” Spencer states, leaving the statement hanging and beginning to see something of a pattern coming together.

“When you look at the terrorist attacks compared to the militaristic attacks on our agents, they do not look even remotely related. But both attacks started at the same time and only our members in those positions are being targeted.”

“And if it were random, any Black List agent would be a target,” Melissa surmises.

“What is it you need from us that you cannot solve on your own?” Spencer asks. He knows she wants something and he is growing tired of guessing at what it is.

Julie pauses long enough to stare the man down before saying, “Samantha is alive.” She tries to keep as much of the disgust out of her voice as she can muster. Julie didn’t like the woman even before she met her. Since Samantha was partially Goji, Julie immediately held no love for her.

Spencer doesn’t have words for the feelings that suddenly well up inside him. His first thought is that the woman is playing some kind of cruel joke on him, yet when he looks into her eyes, he knows that she is telling him the truth. Still, there is a motive behind her words. She doesn’t like Samantha, so what would be the point in letting him know this?

“How does she tie in with the rest of this?” Mike asks, seeing that it is odd to only now mention Samantha in any of this.

“A better question is: what happened to her?” Spencer asks in an almost demanding tone.

“She was reborn a Goji,” Julie says with a look of sadness in her eyes. She feels for Spencer. “And she is now under the control of Typheryian, the leader of the Ternion.”

“What do you mean under control?” Spencer demands.

“More manipulated than controlled,” she corrects. “We think that somehow Typheryian found her and has begun to control her through manipulation.”

“To what end?” Melissa asks.

“We don’t know, but it cannot be a good thing,” Julie answers.

“So how do we handle this then?” Jonathan questions, beginning to feel a little pumped about their first mission as part of the TDF.

“You won’t.” Julie says curtly. “This is a mission for me and Spencer. Your task is parallel to ours.”

“That’s correct,” Mike says, jumping in. He has already discussed the majority of the mission with Julie, with only the startling revelation about Samantha being mentioned. “We know where True Group’s facilities are and that is where you two will be traveling to.”

“In the meantime,” Julie picks up, “we will be putting pressure on the Ternion.”

“And what about the Black List agents?” Spencer asks.

“My uncle has that situation under control.”

“Stone and Dupree, your mission will be to infiltrate the facilities and find any information you can about what it going on,” Mike instructs. “You need to make sure that you are not discovered or cause an international incident. Remember that we technically don’t exist anymore and if something does go wrong, it will be that much harder for us and you.”

“Understood,” Jonathan and Melissa answer in unison.

“Good,” Mike says. “Here are your details.” Ha hands both agents a large envelope and then looks at Spencer and Julie with a smile. “I’m sure the Black List has you two covered.”

“Don’t worry about things on our end,” she answers, matching his smile. Julie turns and leaves the room. Spencer looks to Mike and gives him a shrug.

“Good luck, and watch your back,” Mike tells him. Spencer nods and follows Julie out the door.

Spencer has to run to catch up with her just as she reaches the elevator doors. He grabs her by the arm and spins her around. “I didn’t want to bring this up in front of everyone in there, but why is it you’re so insistent on helping me find Sam?”

“She’s a full-fledged Goji now,” she quickly explains. “With you there it may be enough to bring out her human side. Otherwise we will have to destroy her.

“How do I know that won’t happen anyway?”

“How?” she asks, looking almost angry. “If you can’t take my word for it, then I don’t need you coming along.”

Spencer stands staring her straight in the eyes. Neither of them blinks or says a word until finally he breaks away and presses the button for the elevator. The doors open and he finally says, “After you.”

Julie throws him a look that says a thousand words, but Spencer brushes it off and follows her inside. “Don’t worry about having left me behind. I am alive after all,” she says with a warm smile. “Besides, under certain circumstances I would have left somebody behind.” She doesn’t clarify the meaning of the message and for Spencer she doesn’t have to. He knows she referred to Samantha, but what now intrigues him is as to why she is so willing to help him find her.

The ride goes fast and quiet. When the elevator stops and the doors part, a near empty floor with a single desk and a security guard is revealed. The guard nods at the two as they exit, then he looks back to the magazine he is holding. Julie and Spencer step past the guard, out the far end door and into the open street of Washington D.C.

“So what’s the plan?” Spencer asks.

“Well, first we’re...”

“What the hell is that?” Spencer asks after following Julie’s gaze toward the sky when she abruptly cut her words short.

“Whatever it is, it can’t be good,” she offers as an explanation, as that is all she can come up with at this moment.


Mike Grines has just dismissed Jonathan and Melissa when his phone rings. He picks it up and gruffly says, “Grines.”

The voice on the other end tells him that he should turn on the news. So with his other hand, he grabs the remote and hits the power button. He doesn’t have to change any channels because he keeps is set to one channel: the news. The screen shows coverage from a helicopter flying high above a circular stone structure. The caption scrolling at the bottom calls is Swinside, near the town of Cumbria, England. He pushes the volume button, turning it up to almost its maximum. The reporter in the helicopter is explaining what he is seeing with a heavy English accent: We are flying above Swinside and some form of light is coming down from above us from what appears to be space. As you can see it has expanded in diameter from what it initially was. So far official inquiries to top nations of the world have all denied being involved in what is happening. This reporter believes if it is the work of terrorists or extraterrestrial or as many of you may believe some government out there is once again showering itself with denial.

Whoa!

We have just felt some kind of shockwave just after the light pulsed. What is that down there? Zoom in a see if you can pick it out.

The camera man zooms in where the reporter is pointing. In the center of the beam of light stands a form bathed in pure white light. The camera man zooms in even more and the form seems to turn its head toward them and then raises its hand up at them.

It seems there is something standing in the center of the light. Wait a minute. It’s raising a hand in our direction.

Oh my... ! Pull up! Pull up!

The camera erupts with light and the news feed goes dead. The screen is filled briefly with colored lines before switching back to the news room.

We seemed to have lost contact...

By then Grines is no longer watching. “Get me the president on the line,” he says into the phone then he hangs it up. He sits back for a moment before he picks the receiver back up and begins slamming down numbers.


Spencer’s phone rings, startling him out of his daze from the light. He picks up on the second ring. “Reeds...”

“This is Grines. We seem to have something strange going on, you...”

“Does it have to do with the light coming down from the sky right now?” he asks, interrupting.

“You see it?”

“How can we not?” Spencer questions. “What the hell is that?”

“Whatever it is, we’re out of the loop,” Mike answers. “I don’t think anyone has technology like it, not even the Black List. But it seems to be coming from space and targeting some stone circle in England.”

“England?”

“Can you still see it?” Mike asks, dismissing Spencer’s echo.

“Yeah,” the man answers. “Wait ... it looks like it’s fading ... it’s gone...”

“I don’t know what that was Reeds, but I want your ass over there ASAP.”

Spencer hangs up and throws the phone back in his pocket. Julie is standing looking at him with an expression of dismay. “What about England?”

“Something about the beam targeting a stone circle,” he explains.

“Son of a bitch...” she murmurs to herself.

“What?”

“I told my uncle that we needed to destroy those damn stone circles, but he insisted there’d be too much red tape and they were no longer significant,” she explains cryptically.

“What the hell does that mean?” he demands.

“They are place like Stonehenge,” she says. “Nobody knows what they were built for and so they have been left protected by whatever country they reside in.”

“You obviously know something about them,” the man accuses.

“I’ve had my suspicions,” she admits.

“Care to elaborate?”

“We need to go,” Julie announces, avoiding the answer. “I’ll explain later.”

As she turs to leave, Spencer grabs her arm and spins her around. “We’re not going anywhere until you explain it now. You want trust then I want some straight fucking answers for once.” The look in his eyes tells her that he isn’t going to budge or back down. Whether she likes it or not, she needs his help.

“There is nothing that clearly says what the sites were used for, but for what records the Black List has. The Sura is mentioned together with the sites. They have never been successful with summoning ancients to Earth. Every attempt they have made has been stopped by the Black List or someone else.”

“So what are they then?” he asks. “Are they some kind of gateways?”

“I believe so,” she says almost quietly. “I think they open a door to the world the Goji come from.”

“So how do we destroy them?” he asks, looking at her for the answer.

“It may already be too late.”

“What the fuck do you mean, too late?”

“This may be the only one or one of many,” she says vaguely. “Obviously the Ternion have found a way to do it after all these millennia. We don’t even know where the next will be ... if there even will be another one.”

“Then what are we waiting for?”

“Hey, you’re the one that insisted that I tell you everything now,” she protests.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.