Just a Little Bit - Cover

Just a Little Bit

Copyright© 2019 by Sam

Chapter 3

I just restated the same things I had said to Bob in hope that they would share my same concerns. They say like all things, one must be in that person’s shoes to have the same feeling. I guess there is a different perspective one could take on something like this. No only did I not like change but had a aversion to whom I thought the new Boss was. My impressions of them based on several encounters with their ops.

“Why did you quit?”

“Does that mean we have to also?”

“What will happen now?

“What do you want us to do?”

“What are you going to do now?”

“What...”

On and on, over and over each asked the same questions to with I did not really have an answer.

“I/WE can start over!”

“A new place in a new city and just do what we want can be considered a great learning experience and a wonderful opportunity to grow!”

I of course did not want to consider the age and experience difference between us, yet it was just that, why I did not really believe those words; no those excuses, myself.

I did reiterate that Bob had reconfirmed the three jobs were still available, the rent and all expenses with the apartment were included. I made a call to Bob who confirmed this and added an allowance for their college or any formal education was also a part of the deal. When asked why by the girls I surmised they were far and away the best candidates having a year with learning about us and now already six month of background checks. Bob had indicated a real desire to standardize things and told me three more girls would be added here and my three would be traveling to London and Hong Kong to train there; it was why they needed all three girls. I relayed his exact words.

There was a relief on their faces. Let’s face it, jobs like this for a 17 and 18 year non college grad (there are some college grads at 18 folks) were not a dime a dozen. At the same time I said that to them I realized what was best for them not what was best for me.

Each girl wanted to talk things over with the Moms and each other. I already knew what their answer would be and told Bob. My next call was to Brazil, Campinas actually; where a former client lived with his family. To all the world he was a very successful horse rancher. To me, I did not care what he did; he and his family meant a lot more to me than as a client.

I needed a ride, one which would let me move the tools of my trade without question, both leaving and arriving. He had several; one of which, a C-17 ER Globemaster III Plane would have plenty of room to hide things from customs and the TSA as well as 100 combat troops, 10 Humvees or even a M1 A-1 main Battle tank. Alfredo had said he owed me; this he did not forget and we made arrangements. His closing comment bothered me some, “Consuela will be quite happy to see you!”

That had me worried. In the state of mind I was in (Depressed) I was not certain if I could fend off Conseula, who was 16 or 17 by now.(Consuela in Spanish means Comfort or Consolation) She was bad enough at 13 or 14, I think she had a crush on me then. Her Mom, Maria, thought it was time for her to find a man too. Right, Alfredo and Maria were like family but I was not ready to call him Papa yet.

It took two days but my only comment to the girls was: “I will miss you all.” Ending with a hug and kiss, and that I was only a Sat phone call or email away if they needed anything. Financially I knew Bob would take care of them. I did not need any verbal answer for it was written on their faces that they were staying.

No tank on this trip but he took aboard 2 Strykers, Where he got them, I know not. My gear was no longer a worry. He was in a similar kind of business. The Loadmaster, Felicia had a message for me. Consuela would be at Sao Paulo to meet me and take me to the Hacienda.

I had to laugh, I used to call it Fortress Campinas. I guess she still had a crush on me. She was a pretty girl back then, now, I wondered. Felicia also told me a guest suite in the home was being prepared for my stay. Yep, good old Alfredo or was it Maria’s doing?

We made it in about 13 hours, flying the ER saved a stop, inspections etc and saved several hours. Let me tell you a C17 is a C17 and a side seat will not compare to those we had on the G650’s. But I’m not complaining; the price was right.

About an hour in the air and I was already thinking of the girls and missing them, Sam especially. If any of them would go with me it would have been Sam.

Although it was not anything I had thought about, near landing time Felicia mention ‘Fredo’ had something special for me since I was coming anyway. Nice, I knew there was no such thing as a ‘Free Ride’, but then again what are friends for if not to use or abuse. My thoughts turned to Consuela now.

A short note about Brazil:

A small percent (less than 4%) of the population have about 95% of the wealth. That reflects only the legal wealth. Much more reside in off-shore (ex Cayman Islands) or Swiss banks since legally taking money out of Brazil is not an easy proposition.

Think of India’s beggars and living in Cardboard boxes and shipping crates and you will not usually see the same street kids the next day, the ‘policia’ make them disappear one way or another. Another important source of income was RANSOM. (At least they used to when I was in Brazil)

When we landed, I was looking around for my ride. Nope, only some tall, fashion-plate model, obviously looking for her driver too. I motioned to her that I was coming over and not to be afraid. I wanted to tell her that it was not safe for a pretty thing like her to be alone, even in a public place; the Police were just as corrupt as the criminals.

As I got closer, she moved toward me. Almost on me wrapping her long legs around me and had a lip-lock like all get-out on me.

“JJ, I missed you; you know. I am not a little girl anymore, am I?”

“Not in any stretch of the imagination. Hello too my little Consuela. If you give everyone such greetings, Papa will not let you out of the house.”

“No, but Mama will, if it is for you. She thinks we would make fine babies together.”

If I had my concerns before, they were now real not imagined ones. She was a walking dream and danger signal in one package.

She of course did not drive, her drivers did that. She nearly shoved me into the back seat with two of my bags then got in as close as possible. If would have been uncomfortable with anyone else, but her, nope, Mama Maria knew my weakness if it had anything to do with her. She was the reason I had left before. What started as her being my little sister became more intense than that. Maybe she was not the only one with a crush.

When we got home, I mean the Hacienda, Maria met me with a kiss. Alfredo had this stern, menacing look on his face, rushed to me, grabbed and gave me a big hug.

“It is good to see you again old friend, it has been too long. Consuela may finally be more human now; you know she missed you terribly?”

“I have missed all of you, very much. I can’t believe how she has matured in such a short time.”

Alfredo looked at Maria, who looked at Consuela and gave her the big ‘Thumbs up’. I’m not sure who was worse.

“We have your place here with us ready for you. Stay as long as you can. I do need to ask you for a favour my friend.”

“Hey, I always say friends are to use and abuse. Ask away.”

“Not now, Consuela wants to show you how she has made your rooms up and to ask you something I think.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.