Just a Little Bit - Cover

Just a Little Bit

Copyright© 2019 by Sam

Chapter 2

It was that time again. Yuppers, summer. Where does time go, it moves too fast. By some strange reason, my apartment was now shared with the delightful companions; could school being over have anything to do with that?

Since the LA thing, my team had been acting a bit funny, now Bob gave me a bit of insight.

“We have mercold

“The only three that come to mind are: Sam, Sandy and Kiki, you know the three we rescued in LA. Just so happens they are looking for jobs too, how ironic!”

“We figured if we took the apartment next to you for our’ office and if the girls were willing to take calls on the cell or Sat phones 24/7 we could make this work. The jobs will pay each of them $36,000 a year plus fringe. Think they would be interested”

“I’ll ask but I think something like that could be arranged Bob.”

I wish I would have had a video of them bouncing up and down in those almost there thong things by the pool when I told them about the job offers.”

Not only did this keep us together but it made it very convenient both for them and for me. Everything seemed to stay the same, at least our living together. These trips on assignment now seemed to weigh more heavily on me now than before; I wondered why?

With the office right next door we considered adding a doorway into the next apartment. The powers to be said no. Bob offered to explain sometime soon. If that was not an ominous sign, nothing was. It was the first time they ever refused me anything. The early warning system went active on that.

I went to Prague in June. The girls were just planning things they needed for the new office space, Sat phones came from Bob and they wanted smaller and lighter laptops for the office and in case they needed to travel. Travel? ‘I asked myself why the need to travel? I thought the whole idea was to centralize in one place?’

My trip was another example of mixing resources between teams. Not only would cost be down but scare resources would better be used; or so I thought. I was never in the know of things, never wanted to know and was quite content to get paid for doing what I was good at. Savings, bonus money and some parting souvenirs got me investing for the time I could no longer do this.

That thought got to me some. I just loved these G650 aircraft. I even got some sleep, a shower and hot meals; a far cry from the MAC flights. We landed in London, got refueled and a Ex SIS (SAS) asset then on to Prague; Václav Havel Airport in Prague.

“Hi I’m JJ.”

“Alex here.”

Our greeter in Prague were a might more friendly than that. Tall, older gals, maybe 28 but who knows these days. Both had long, thick, platinum, beautiful hair; and did I say they were twins. I should be happy, right? Wrongo.

My early warning radar just went into DEFCON 3 active status; waiting for something to go wrong, go wrong, go wrong. OK you got the picture. This cooperation between groups could become a bit sticky, let me tell you.

“Hi I’m Alex.” Obviously the cat did not have his tongue and by the look n his face he was no Brit poof. “I’m Jake, or JJ to my team.” I tried hard to keep looking at their faces, real hard it was.

“We are Dana and Danielle. We both answer to Danny though. You would never know it but we are twin Sisters.”

We both said “NO” out loud.

On second thought international cooperation might not be such a bad thing. These two were drop-dead gorgeous.

Without regard for our carry bags all four of us had and the smashed English to ‘walk like this’, which was impossible for a straight guy, they took us to our ride. I had never seen the NH90 TTH before. (Since we were light a full combat load we carried extra fuel tanks, good for about 1,000 miles or so. We went aboard, sat our gear next to us and waited.

Dana, well Danny anywho, I call her no 1 said: “Welcome. Just so you understand this is our mission. Alex you are the shooter to protect us and back us up in a firefight. Jake, the target, if we see him, is holes up in a shelter that only had two windows, both glazed with several layers of ballistic as well as shock resistant poly-carbonates. That is why breaking it will be so difficult. If you and I cannot get it done Danny will try too; but we must be ready to shoot again. If we manage, she will take whatever shot she has. Understood, Verstanden?”

“Will we all be using 50 cal.”

“All but Alex.”

I rifles through my bag and held out two boxes of ammo and linen gloves. “The blue boxes are depleted uranium rounds, goes thru up to 6 inches or armour plate. The red box has some special chemical rounds meant to eat away the poly-carbonates.” I reached in again and held a shrink-wrapped package.

“This is a smart-shot, a single 50 cal round that once set will seek and find its target. You may or may not want to use them. I will use the Blue one, then the red one. My rifle is a 10 shot automatic. Just be sure to wipe and clean any identifiers in case we have to bug out of dodge in a hurry and leave our gear. My bag has a explosive charge so place you stuff on it, Verstanden?”

“Yes, I do like you. We have heard of you. It seems we were not misinformed.”

“This ammo is a bit different than ours is, in this case perhaps better. Any chance you have the Smart thing in a 375 cal for Alex, he could be the 4th shooter.”

“Sorry, Danny no 1, only comes in the 50 cal. One of us could trade, let him take the first shot, maybe use the chemical round, then the three of us break or hit the target. I can fire three rounds very quickly with this rifle.”

The strategy changed a bit, we each had several weapons and now selected our assigned roles to play. Our spot team was already on-site. We would walk in and hopefully out some 3 miles each way.

With four 50 cal hits, even a class 8 shield should give way if we all hit the same mark. One of the spot team would use a laser for this, a sort of X marks the spot to hit.

Not being from around here and this in June not being like California weather, our first night night not have been so nasty if it did not rain. Danny no 1 must have taken kindly to me. She shared her tarp and we exchanged body heat to help keep warm. I’m sticking to that story guys!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.