GALAXY
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2019 by Richard the Third

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!

I bought my Ford Galaxy in Jan ‘99, it had a lime green exterior with only one previous owner. It had been painted at least once.

What a great car, until my wife Steff took it with her when she left me for a guy from where she worked named Bruce. She was 24, Bruce was 29, and I was 26. I am now 35!

****

I wonder what percentage of guys who are named Bruce are queer. My personal guess was at least 30%.

Her Bruce wasn’t unless she was bisexual. Hey! Maybe that explains it all? Although I hadn’t ever met him.

Well, that would be a fascinating story, but I’m writing about my kids.

****

Oh, my name is Mike, properly Michael Jesse Kingman.

I have two daughters, hopefully not yet bisexual, I think. They were only 6 years old when their mother left me and abandoned them!

I got to name them, and I had two sets of names set aside.

We knew they were gonna be girls, so not to offend my wife and the in-laws, they became Katherine and Alexandria, names that had a lot of nickname potential, with Alex four minutes older, than Kate, and both with a mass of glistening red hair, like their hateful, arrogant, bitch of a mother!

They were going to be 16 in a matter of days, and I was a 5ft10... 151lb hunk at 34 years old!

The single biggest reason Steff left was because I treated the girls better than I treated her. I thought that kids were supposed to be treated that way.

Nowadays, being twin teenage redheads, they now looked like jailbait. That’s mean spirited, but accurate. Imagine, if you will, two 15-year-old versions of Emma Stone, although my girls were top-heavier. I thought they were too pretty to let them go to public school! Living in a warm climate has them wearing short shorts, and white t-shirts everywhere they went.

I taught them how to say “No” in five languages.

Starting when they turned 13, Steff asked me to teach them how to avoid being snatched off the street and into a van.

****

I’m a cop, a 15-year veteran with the rank of Police Lieutenant! Third highest ranking in our community.

First thing I gave them to never forget was a safe word, a word or phrase that proves either Steff or I were involved, so a close friend could pick them up safely. She and Bruce have not married one another, and she insists on being a part of the girls’ lives.

When you know the dark side of people, you have to protect your kids from your friends, so the safe words were randomly switched by me at the beginning of each day!

I taught them the Radio alphabet (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc.) which rotated as necessary as safe words based on the day of the month. Not even other cops knew what my girls had been taught. They also could scream very loud when necessary. They carried whistles that they kept handy.

When Steff picked them up, she had to call me to know that day’s code.

Due to her being born first, you had to say “Juliet,” followed by “Mike, Oscar, Hotel” to get Lexis attention.

She would reply “Kilo,” then I would do the same with her sister.

It was complicated, but they both understood why it was necessary.

They actually got a kick out of it, although their mother wasn’t as patient with learning the system. A good reason to let her go off with Brucie Baby!

They would speak to one another using that days coding, with many giggles along the way.

My belt radio sounded off:

“Attention doubleAPIOD”

“Attention doubleAPIOD”

(That means All Available Personal – Includes Off Duty)

“We have a possible shooter at General Grant High School A-A-P-I-O-D!”

“That’s the school we go to daddy,” Alex said.

“I know,” I said putting on my gun shoulder holster. “Lock yourself inside, secure all doors and windows, you got me, girls?” I put on an unbuttoned sweater to hide the gun and holster.

“YES,” they said together, “Be safe, we love you!”

I gave them each a kiss and took my undercover car.

“LT 2055, coming UC from due east!”

(That is my rank and badge#, Lieutenant!)

Once I arrived, I saw a smattering of students.

I was thirty feet behind anyone. Two of those were guys carrying something of a rucksack instead of a backpack. I only knew of them from the Harry Potter stories.

Neither of them was holding anything in their hands but seemed to be keeping their rucksack very handy.

The boy on my far left was acting suspicious, so I took a few steps forward and to my left. At this closer range I saw the clear outline of an AR 15, so I covertly pulled my police weapon holding it very close to the back of his neck.

Getting right up behind him, I said, “Do Not make a sound, come with me.”

I walked him to the nearest deputy sheriff, pulled his rucksack off and found not only the AR 15, but a dozen full magazines and some loose rounds!

He was quickly handcuffed with his mouth taped shut and was taken away. We have been experimenting with the mouth taping, especially when more than one possible shooter is on the scene. Our logic was a verbal cue possible from one to the other.

His ‘buddy’ never moved or even noticed he was alone, but still surrounded by at least a dozen seemingly legitimate students, including some very young girls from the nearby elementary school.

His hands appeared to be in position to pull something from his rucksack. He was leaning against a tree, so I moved as close as I dared, and my buddy cop came by asking them all to step back.

When he did, I gripped each of his wrists. A shot went straight up, and I said, “You are under arrest, shut your piehole until I tell you otherwise.”

My buddy cop taped his mouth, as I cuffed him.

I actually got some applause from those surrounding students.

I heard “Shooter is down, three others taken with only a single shot fired!”

****

I checked in with the girls before the aftermath and debriefings happened.


Although I was a bit lucky, the gun that went off was his and not mine or I would have had a shitload of paperwork to take care of.

Besides the official debriefing, I had many of my buddies in the force asking me what happened.

My immediate superior, Commander Jeffrey Vaughn said, “Take a week off, you deserve it, Michael!”

First, I saluted, then we shook hands and I headed home.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.