Erica Olafson, Journeys of the Tigershark (Vol 9) - Cover

Erica Olafson, Journeys of the Tigershark (Vol 9)

Copyright© 2019 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Chapter 19: The Cup

The woman that stepped through a shimmering portal of dark red light, had dark grey skin, long white hair and wore a skimpy outfit which was an odd combination of bikini, medieval armor, and wispy veils.

Her eyes had no pupils but glowed in the same dark red light as the now dissipating portal.

Stahl suddenly remembered Sunday school and stopped himself to actually make the sign of the cross. However, he was never really intimidated, by anyone.

The Eternal Warrior got up, like the old fashioned gentleman he was and greeted the entity that just entered his office aboard the Devi.

“Welcome aboard Ms. Fera, I should be concerned about your ability to appear inside my ship, but my wife asked.”

“I am quite honored, Eternal Warrior. Alycia equals me in almost every aspect and for her to chose what appears to be a simple human, has created quite a stir in the Nether Realms. Yet your reputation has seeped beyond the confines of this the Prime Reality.”

Alycia gave him her warmest smile.”Richard accepted me, Luci. The Narth Supreme calls him friend, that alone elevates my beloved beyond the definition of simple.”

Richard grunted.”Girls, I am right here you know. Can I offer you anything, maybe some sulfur or brimstone perhaps?”

Lucifera, also known as the Oldest laughed.”Oh no, Admiral. That is part of human mythology and has nothing to do with reality. You see, when rifts and portals between the Netherworlds and this universe are opened, some atmosphere will also make the transition. Since our molecules are completely alien to this realm, no olfactory organ can make sense of it and the mind associates a scent memory with it. The same reason why the Coven or any sliders do not appear as they are to your eyes.” She sat down on the visitors’ chair across his desk.”A taste of your famous beer will do.”

He smirked.”Wonder what it might taste like to your tongue then, being made of molecules of this Universe.” Before he could do it himself, Alycia motioned him to remain and went to retrieve three bottles from his cooler.

Lucy crossed her shapely legs and arranged the white wisp of chiffon attached to her bra-like top in a playful move.”You do know that this ship has ceased to be Seenian long before Alycia revealed it to you? The Vax of the Krytha galaxy modified this vessel so much, over 200,000 years ago.” She made an all-inclusive gesture waving her hands and added. “Centron loves you and this old contraption has still many secrets, one of them are Nether shields. Ask Centron to raise them and neither Alycia, me or any other creature of our plane can ever overcome them.”

Stahl raised his eyebrows.”And there I am, learning about this now, but that is not what brings you here right?”

“No, Admiral. I like to explain to you who I am and give you more insights, so you will then better understand why I am here.”

He sat down and nodded. “I am not pressed for time at the moment, the Devi is in good hands and the fleet simply follows at the moment.”

His eyes reflected concern.”While I think she, I mean Captain Olafson, can take care of herself. Every gut instinct tells me to rush with all haste to Deep Blue and find out how and who abducted her again. I doubt there is anyone in the history of the Union, that ends up somewhere else against her will than her.”

“Yes, this is why I am here Admiral. Not Deep Blue, however, but the planet known as N’Ger.”

“N’Ger damn she gets around, not so long ago she ended up on Sin 4, unfortunately with all my concerns for her well being, this is a planet beyond Union Space and unless the Assembly gives me the authority to flex Fleet muscles in old Wedmar’s Triangle.”

Alycia had asked Centron for a hard light chair projection and was sitting next to him said.”I know, love. It is not the Devi and her cannons we think is needed there, but you. Let Lucy explain things to you and then if you want we can make the trip there in mere moments.”

He crossed his arms before his chest. “Alright. let me have it.”

“I am in human terms, the oldest daughter of Satanis, ruler of six netherworld planes. My father is fearing the return of the Dark One and is preparing with schemes and plans for this event. He also gave me the ability to journey past...”, she paused for a brief moment looking to Alycia to help her find a descriptive analog.

Alycia said.” You crossed what some scholars describe as the Cosmic Veil.”

Stahl was very attentive, but his wife could read what others claimed to be an unreadable face.

She added.”Richard, this is not magic and not religious. There are near infinite parallel realities or universes, contained in a condition defined as MetaVerse. When our ships travel in Quasi-Space, they do so in a thin layer between this spatial condition and something Union scientists refer to as hyperspace. The definition of thin is misleading of course as standard spatial dimensional expressions do not apply.”

Lucifera actually smiled for the first time.”Yes, that is a good explanation. What you call Quasi-Space is just like an Onion layer; and so is hyperspace. We call the next condition Omni Ether and this is the veil your wife was talking about, the Nether worlds are something like an Anti-Omniverse.”

He waved his hand.”I get the idea, and some of it I understand at least in general terms. Now get back to your story so we can come to the point. I think the time is of the essence here.”

She nodded and went on.”My name, my origin and the undeniable reputation of my father and its alignment to what you define as evil is hard to deny, Admiral. I was sent by him to be an enforcer and given this appearance to be able to cross that veil we just mentioned, but I am not defined by my father or my origin. I used my power and position to help the Coven escape and find a new home in this universe and I joined them, hid among them when father sent mighty hunters to punish the escaped Coven and to bring me to heel.”

Alycia looked at Richard with the greatest admiration and love.”He knows more about this as he lets on. Richard fearlessly confronted the Arkhurm hunter to protect me and defeated him. He suffered terrible injuries and while I helped him recover, I feel deeply in love with him.”

The Eternal Warrior was visibly embarrassed by this and cleared his throat.”Can we stick to the subject please?”

Lucifera did continue.”The last and most powerful hunter, an entity called Malag was utterly defeated and destroyed just recently. The fight was witnessed, an apparent simple human woman defeated Malag, she defeated the creature wielding Bereaver. Not my father, not anyone would dare to touch this ax. It is one of the two weapons associated with the Dark One.

This leaves only one conclusion, the Dark One found its vessel in a human woman. Alycia saw the images and identified her as Erica Olafson.”

“And this is where you lost me. I still have no idea what this Dark One really supposed to be and what a native of Nilfeheim, that turned into a quite lovely woman has to do with all of it. That she is somehow connected I have no doubt. She gets abducted more than anyone I ever knew, and I met quite a few people in my 3000 years. So what is she doing at N’Ger and what can we do to help?”

Lucifera got up.”No one, with the exception of the One Behind it All can really define what or who the Dark One is, but one aspect is certain. He or it has the potential to be the biggest threat and danger to everything and everyone. Morgal the Cruel, the son of the Last Queen of Seenia slew his mother, split the indestructible mask of the queen with that ax, called Bereaver. And before he was utterly consumed by the weapon, he used Bereaver and lashed out with the Omni Strike. Killing the New Dark Ones and virtually every Seenian, destroyed fleets, billions of beings, a thousand suns and a greater number of planets.”

Richard’s mouth went dry.”If such a power exists what can I, what could the entire Union do?”

Alycia also got up.”There is no one, Erica respects more than you.”

--””--

The Assembly officially was back to normal business, but the recent events still hung like an invisible, hushing quality over everything.

Visible security and invisible security measures, not been used since the Assembly Sphere were dedicated and opened, activated and upgraded to the latest tech standards. Officers of First Guard strolling armed up and down the Sphere Corridor.

First Guard, conceived 2800 years ago by Saran suggestions to perform similar tasks and duties as a palace guard, actually was the official security force of the Assembly, but had never been called to anything more serious than a few aggressive Non-Cit panhandlers and Gal-Drifts. Repurposed to perform honor guard and ceremonial duties in crisp uniforms and side arms that had never been drawn.

Another sign that this was far from really being back to normal business were the members of PSI Corps here and there, in their smooth gray uniforms.

Alegar held up an insulated cup and gestured towards Egil who just stepped off a slide belt and proceeded towards his accustomed Inter-Building Access point.

The grumpy, representative of Nilfeheim noticed the gesture of the Saresii, who had become his best friend and came over. Instead of greeting the stunningly beautiful Saresii waved the Vent-Matic menu active and said.”Nilfeheim Special three.

The system treated him seconds later with a large disposable cup and straw. Filled with coke and a helping of his favorite liquor, clear Earth sourced Vodka.

“Isn’t it a little early for that?” Aegar asked.

“No, it is just the right time.” Egill gave his friend a glance and added.”Aren’t you a little too old wearing a short skirt like that?”

“I think it fits me fine and weather control has summery temperatures planned all month.”

Changing the subject Alegar pointed down the hall. “I wonder why they haven’t cleaned up and fixed the mess. All they did is place it behind security barriers.”

Egill shrugged and sipped at his drink.”I don’t know.”

“The faster they clean it up, the faster we can forget about it.”

The old Viking looked at the tall Saresii with his watery blue eyes.”Then I think I will suggest to the Assembly that it should never be cleaned up. What happened should never be forgotten.”

Alegar sighed.”I am Saresii and you are a brutish Neo Viking. It is I who should be wise and aloft, but I know better, of course, tell me why?”

“Almost 3000 years of serene safety made us soft and unprepared. Most of all it made us blind my friend.”

It was not the Narth representative that joined the two, but the representative of the largest Vantax community Dr.Yalki.”I could not help but overhear the last words.” He said as he was close enough.”I am always fascinated and deeply impressed by the blunt openness and frank honesty of you, Representative of Nilfeheim.”

The Vantax gestured across the corridor and towards the yellow hard light barrier that prevented anyone from accessing the bomb blast scene. “The culprits are hunted to extinction, not that there were many of them in the first place. I am sure there won’t be many or perhaps none left in a short time. If you, the Wisemen would support my suggestion to let the PSI corps really do their job and scan minds, we could make sure to weed out all the members of that barbaric and fanatic cult.”

Egill touched his temples, placing the thumb and middle finger to the sides of his forehead while using the rest of his free hand to cover his eyes in a gesture signaling tiredness and frustration. A human gesture completely lost to both the Saresii and the Vantax.

Egill added a deep sigh.”This is precisely the reason, I don’t like this Wisemen business. Now we are seen as opinion makers and lobbied to support certain ideas.” He looked up and spread his arms.”And where does it take place?” He asked and answered his own question saying.”Right here in the lobby, Fifl you are!”

The Vantax, not knowing that he was just insulted kept listening.”

The Narth representative simply suddenly there said with his deep cold voice.”The Vantax apparently waits for a sample of your wisdom, friend Egill.”

The painful expression now in Egills face was partially hidden by his now well-trimmed beard.”And with that, we become the Kermac and the PSI Corps the Thought Police. No, Dr. Yalki our ideas only work for all, if we have room for the opposition and other ideas, even or especially those not necessarily by us or the majority.”

Alegar nodded in agreement.”You are a wise man, my friend. This is why we have PSI laws, something the average Kermac envies us more than our Translocators.”

Egill was about to resume his original intention and proceed on his way to the I.S.T. access point, when a human man, somehow looking out of time and place approached the hard light barrier across their vantage point. The human wore a hat and a beige coat.

Alegar recognized him.”I think I know why they haven’t cleaned up. They waited for him.”

Egill mildly interested asked.”And who is he?”

“He is one of the virtually unknown immortals, older than the Eternal Warrior, or McElligott. Rumored to be not one of those picked by that entity called the Guardian of Earth. That is without a doubt, Phil Decker.”

Egill scratched his beard covered chin.”You are right, I never heard if him, but then I spend most of my life on Nilfeheim. Not exactly a hub of information.”

“Yet, your world had access to GalNet much longer than even you are alive.” Alegar chuckled.”I only know of him, because he was the first human ever to marry a Saresii, long before there was a Union and even before Earth ascended. As unknown as he may be to you and me, every Union policeman knows of him. To them, he is what Stahl is to the rest of us, a legendary policeman and detective.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.