Endless Desert - Cover

Endless Desert

Copyright© 2019 by aubie56

Chapter 12

The rest of the day was uneventful. We found a waterhole that was suitable for camping overnight, so we stayed there. I rewarded Fawn’s patience by fucking her to three orgasms. My other two wives were satisfied with what they had received at our midday stop.

We started out the next morning with no special expectations, and that was pretty much how the day ran. I could not figure out what was going on, but we did not find a single Comanche to fight. All we did was ride around in the hot sun and sweat more than we wanted to.

The only interesting part of the day was the end when I was able to fuck all three of my wives to orgasm. Honey Bee was the last in line, and I had a single orgasm with her. It turned out that the only thing notable about that day was that the best part was the sex that night. Oh, well, you cannot win them all.

We woke up the next morning with the happy prospect of returning home. We could make it home by mid-afternoon if we did not run into any Comanches, and I think that all of us were looking forward to that kind of day. Well, that was how it worked out, and we were very happy to get home with no more fighting.

Spring Flower and Honey Bee flatly announced that they had had their adventure among the Comanches and were not interested in making another trip into Comancheria. I was definitely relieved at that, but Fawn had exactly the opposite feeling. She was ready to go back as soon as I was. Okay, I could live with that. One companion on such a trip was very pleasant, but looking after three extra people was definitely more than I wanted as a steady diet.

Fawn and I continued to make weekly trips into Comancheria until it was time for the Comanches to stop marauding for the year. As it turned out, it was 1865, and the war between the Union and the Confederacy was finally over. The men started to return home from the Army, and the Comanches suddenly had more to contend with than they had become used to since late in 1861.

I was happy to see the Dragoons return to Texas, though their primary job was not to fight the Comanches, but to enforce abolition and to keep the peace among the Whites. However, whenever the Comanches got too rambunctious, the Army did act against them. The result was that the Comanches became much less of a problem, and we returned to occasional battles among stray groups of hunters. I was happy to see that because it let me spend more time with my family.

Unfortunately, old age caught up with White Buck and his wives. The two women, who both were a little older than White Buck died first, and White Buck showed how much he missed their company. He became very melancholy, and even the new grandchildren were not able to cheer him up. White Buck could see his era ending, and he had reached the point of not caring all that much.

White Buck’s funeral was a trying time for all of us, and it is possible that I took it the hardest of all. I finally came out of my funk, thanks to the efforts of my wives. Part of the reason that I eventually came back to myself was that I had to return to being the hunter for my family.

The funny thing about it was that I had to give up using my “heavy artillery.” Shooting a rabbit with a 0.44 caliber bullet did not leave much behind. The rabbit practically exploded when the bullet struck the animal. That was quite a wake up call, and I returned to setting snares.

Of course, I could not feed my family with just what I caught in my snares, so I still had to hunt antelope, deer, and elk. For that I used my rifle. Dammit, we were beginning to have too much trouble finding game, and many a hunting trip yielded nothing but frustration. Most of the hunters agreed that it was time to move the village to a new location.

The biggest problem with that was that the Women’s Council of Elders was not willing to move. Those senile old women had grown to be very attached to our current location and simply could not bring themselves to leave a place with so many memories. Well, we men felt that way, too, but we were the ones charged with the responsibility for bringing in sufficient meat to feed our large village.

It had reached the point that a successful hunting trip was taking as much as three to four days. During very hot weather, the meat was already beginning to spoil by the time the hunter returned to the village, and that was simply intolerable! Several hunters had already left with their families to find another place to live because of the sparse hunting. At least, the Dragoons were fairly successful in keeping the Comanches in check, so we did not have that as a constant worry, just a nuisance.

However, by 1874, the situation was bleak. We had reached the point of move or starve. Well, I certainly was not going to put up with that situation! Then, to our surprise, a delegation of Whites came by. They were representing the recently reorganized Office of Indian Affairs, and they wanted us to move to a place northwest of our present location that they called a “Reservation.”

They pointed out that the land was much like what we were currently used to, and had not been hunted over so heavily as where we presently lived. They also promised to supply us with food until we could get established at our new home.

Well, that certainly sounded like too good a deal to pass up. I could not stand the hemming and hawing that was going on, I finally had to say something to make these people see reason. “Do you people know what will happen if you do not agree to do what the Whites want? If you do not agree to move, the Dragoons will come in and force you to move. You know that they are strong enough to do that. Anybody who can force the Comanches to stop fighting is way too strong for us to fight. Think about that for a moment.

“I am going to move my family like they want us to do. We have to move pretty soon anyway, so we should take what they are offering. Anybody who does not take their offer will be seen by the Whites as a fool, and they are rarely very kind to fools! The choice is simple—either take their offer or have them move soldiers in and force you to move. If you do that, you may not get such good conditions. I will not say any more because I am tired of this silly wrangling.”

I found the government representative and asked, “When do we have to move, and are you going to provide transportation?”

“We will be back in 36 days with wagons to move all of your people who accept our offer. I do not know when the Army will be here to move all of you who do not want to move. Take my word for it, you are all going to be moved to the reservation.”

“What about our horses?”

“Of course, you will take your horses and everything else with you. How many people are in your family?”

“There are three women and seven children. I think that we will need two wagons for all of our people and our stuff. I will ride a horse, and there will be five other horses that can be hitched behind the wagons.

“None of us know much about driving a wagon, so we will need for you to provide drivers for us.”

“Do not worry about that. That was what we had planned on.”

“Okay, that sounds good, but what will we live in until the women can build our hut?”

“We will give you the wagons to live in until they can do that, but we will keep the draft horses.”

“Will we sleep in the wagons while we are making the trip?”

“Yes, that is the plan.”

“May I go now to look for a good place for us to set up our village?”

“Yes, a White man will be here in four days to guide you and anybody else who is ready to find a good place for your village. There is a river that runs through the reservation every day of the year, so you will have plenty of water. The guide will show you the river, and almost any place on either bank would be a good location for your village.”

I talked with the man for about half an hour. He said that there were plenty of deer, elk, and antelope living near the river, and there were a lot of rabbits and birds that lived along the river. There were even a few buffalo and longhorn cattle in the area. I said that I would be ready to travel in four days and would meet the guide when he showed up at the village.

Our guide showed up four days later as promised. Five other men and I met the guide. The other five men were dressed in the usual manner of the Mescaleros, but I was dressed in my White clothes because I wanted the comfort of the Western saddle, and that required pants and boots. Hell, if I were going to wear that, I might as well go all of the way.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.