I Walked Away With a Redhead - Cover

I Walked Away With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 16

We woke, cleaned up, and dressed. We still had things missing for breakfast but noted those items on our list for the evening. We still had no cable but I had been assured that the installer and ditch-witch would show up today between ten and noon.

We met for lunch today and enjoyed talking together. The cable hookup had gone well so I could report that information. I wanted to watch baseball and motor sports. I could even get my news and weather from the internet to the extent that I needed either. Morgan was going to visit her mother this afternoon and would shop our grocery list.

Morgan pulled up while I was in the garage moving a few things around to give us more room for our vehicles. She pulled in and I carried bags of groceries into the house while she put items in their places. It didn’t take long working together. We went into the living room to sit together and talk.

Morgan said, “I don’t know what to do about my mother, Evan. She seems to have a death wish. The psychologist says there is something more going on with her but she hasn’t opened up to her either. Saturday, I want to go by my old house and finish cleaning out my things. I will not spend another night there and there are things there that I want now or will want later. I’m not comfortable going there without you whether she’s there or not. It’s tough since we’ve been there since my dad died.”

“I’m available to you the entire day.” I grinned.

“Also, I’ve thought about a honeymoon. We could have it here but another alternative would be an all-inclusive resort in the Florida Keys. We would fly down and they provide a bus or something to transport us from the airport and back.”

“It suits me as long as we’re together.”

“That’s the plan.” We grinned at each other.

We took up housekeeping easily and comfortably. The only issue in our lives was Morgan’s mother. Morgan had warned her that, if she showed up drunk, she wouldn’t be allowed to participate or even stay at our wedding.

My family would be there and they were all in favor of my marriage to Morgan. Her cousins and an aunt and an uncle were all planning to attend. We had met them and they approved of me. One cousin said that she was glad Morgan was finally getting married because Morgan stole all the possible suitors but had never been interested. She expressed relief. I told her that she shouldn’t be worried but just wait for the right one who would show up for her.

The remaining time sped by and it was time for our wedding.

Susan, Morgan’s mother, was out of the hospital and continuing to recover at home. The senior agent at her former office had agreed to pick her up since she still couldn’t drive. My relatives were in various motels. We would have the rehearsal dinner at a local restaurant. Dad and I would pick up the tab. Morgan and I were funding the wedding. We would have a stay-nymoon. That actually suited us. We practiced at the church. Morgan would be walked down the aisle by her broker. He had always been a good friend of the family and that made sense since Morgan’s father was deceased.

The meal was quiet and non-alcoholic. The only griping about no booze was by Susan and her statements were politely ignored. We enjoyed the meal and everyone dispersed to their homes or lodging for the night.

Morgan came with me though her mother objected. We were out in the parking lot by then and Morgan responded, “Mother, I don’t stay there because I don’t feel safe there. I don’t ever plan to spend a night there again. Your habits forced that. Tomorrow, I will be married and live with my husband. Until then, I will stay where I’m safe.”

Her mother got in the car with the broker and they left. We got in my car and left for the house. Morgan looked troubled until I reached over and gently squeezed her hand. She relaxed and smiled then.

I pulled through the gate, then into my drive and into the garage. We walked together into the house. I pulled Morgan into my arms and held her gently. ‘I love you, Morgan. We will be happy here and live together enjoying our marriage.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.