I Walked Away With a Redhead - Cover

I Walked Away With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 14

We stood outside for fifteen minutes before the psychologist came out. “Miss Cox, I need to speak with you privately also.” She and Morgan stepped down the hall and walked slowly in the other direction. I knew Morgan would tell me whatever she thought I should know. I trusted her judgment.

Ten minutes later, we walked to me and said, “Let’s go, Evan. We can talk after we’re out of here.” I nodded. Holding hands, we left the hospital and got in my car.

We were quiet all the way back to the hotel and even into the room. Morgan said, “Let’s get in bed and then we’ll talk.” I nodded. I grabbed my sleeping boxers and headed for the bathroom. I changed and used the toilet. I came out and Morgan went in. I lay on the bed covered by the sheet. I watched as she came out. She was again absolutely gorgeous. She was wearing tiny panties and a semi-transparent top. I tried with only moderate success to keep my tongue from hanging out. She joined me under the sheet. I took her in my arms and kissed her. “You’re gorgeous, Morgan. You always are.”

She smiled gently and then looked serious. “Doctor Travis had some interesting things to say. She agrees that mother is sick. She told me that the drinking didn’t seem to be a problem so much as the sex and violence. She said those is addictive and always escalate. Mother is getting to a serious place in that progression.

“She said that most people like that usually stop only when they are seriously injured or killed or when someone they care about is seriously injured or killed. She told me that getting out was my only reasonable move to protect myself. She said that her counseling will be for two weeks unless Mother agrees to stay or return. She also said that those who aren’t residential during their counseling rarely complete the process.

“Evan, what can I do?”

“Morgan, the only thing we can do is support the doctors and practice tough love while guarding against someone coming after you or being where you might be caught.”

She looked troubled but nodded. In the morning, I went in to work as did Morgan. She called me around eleven to tell me that she was going to the hospital to see her mother and find out what was going on. I had a sandwich at my desk thanks to one of the office people. As I was finishing my sandwich, Morgan called.

“Hello, Evan. I’m still at the hospital. Join me here when you get loose. Mother has been committed. She will be here for a couple of weeks. There will be mandatory counseling for her.”

“Okay, dear. I’m leaving here at five. I’ll head straight for the hospital. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I left at five and drove to the hospital. Once there, I asked for Susan’s room identifying myself. I was directed to a different floor from yesterday and told to check in with the duty nurse for the section. I went up two floors and did as she told me. The nurse looked at some paperwork and said, “Mister Jones, your fiancé is with her mother. It’s room three oh two down that hall on the right.” She pointed.

“Thank you, nurse.”

I went into the room and saw Morgan and her mother sitting in the room. I went up to Morgan and hugged her with a kiss. “Hello, darling. Hello, Susan.”

“Hello, darling.” Morgan kissed me back.

“Hello, Evan.” She was sullen and I didn’t hug nor kiss her. After a moment, she said, “I guess you heard that I’m stuck here for a while.” I nodded.

Morgan said, “Mother, I hope you will use the time to reflect upon your life and become successful like you were. You were happier then.”

Susan looked embarrassed for a moment. She said, “Morgan, could you go by the house and check the mail?”

“Yes, I had planned for Evan and I to go by the house each evening. I won’t go there without him. I’m nervous there now. I think you should consider selling it and moving. The mail could be forwarded to the office. I don’t want people trying anything there in the future.”

I just kept my mouth shut. We stayed for a while longer when Morgan finally said, “We’re going to eat and check the mail. I’ll come see you tomorrow, Mother.’ She gave her a hug and we left.

Once outside, she said, “Evan, follow me to the hotel. I’ll ride with you to the house and to eat.” I nodded. We stopped at the hotel and she left her SUV for my car. I drove us to her former house. We checked the mail putting everything in the back of the car. It was quiet though I thought the door might have been had an attempt to jimmy it.

We then went to eat. We had a fine meal at one of the chains. From there, we left to return to the hotel and the room. Morgan brought the mail with her.

There was nothing important in the mail according to Morgan. She said, “Evan, I want you to hold me before we get ready for bed.”

I pulled her into my arms and she put my arms around me. We held each other tightly. We finally released each other. We undressed and got in bed with the lamps on for each side. Morgan had picked up the mail and shuffled through it. She opened one. She said, “I will have to talk to Mom about this one. The rest are total junk.” She leaned up and tossed all those pieces in the trash can.

We turned off the lamps, kissed, and snuggled in to sleep. In the morning, we woke and took turns in the shower. We had breakfast at the hotel and left to our separate places of work. We would meet later for the closing. The sellers were there. I had a cashier’s check for the right amount. We started signing. I had, by far, the most pieces of paper to sign. Early on, the closing attorney said, “I will sum all this up for you. ‘You pay, you stay. You don’t, you won’t.’ Every time someone argued that they didn’t understand that simple set of words and the Supreme Court of Georgia agreed, another piece of paper was added to the stack for the future. Federal Truth in Lending regulations also play an important part in the paper stack.” We all chuckled and I signed. It was finally finished. I was given all the keys. The garage door openers were left on the mantle in the living room. I had seen them. I shook hands with everyone even Morgan. Her main broker was there.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.