I Walked Away With a Redhead - Cover

I Walked Away With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 9

As we went in the front door, Morgan said, “Mother, I’m here with Evan.” We heard no response. I was last and pulled the door closed.

Morgan said, “Sit down on the couch, Evan. I will check on Mom.” I sat and she left for the bedroom area.

She came back quickly. “She’s drunk, sick, and bruised. You stay because she’s also naked. Her life has to change. Be patient. I’ll be back.”

I had stood. I nodded and sat back down. She went back into the bedroom area. I waited.

It was over a half hour before she returned. I could hear a shower running. Morgan sat in my lap and I embraced her. “She’s showering. Evan, she went on one of her dates. The guy got her drunk and left her at a party where she was gangbanged by many guys. They were rough and hit her when she protested some sex acts. Evan, she’s in pretty bad shape mentally. She is listening to me right now. She knows you’re here but I haven’t told her we’re marrying yet. I will but I want her cleaned up and in here to witness my happiness with you.”

She kissed me and I joined in happily. We broke the kiss and she heard the shower cut off moments later. She stood. “I’ll be back.”

“I’ll be here.” She smiled as she went back to the bedroom area.

Later, she came out helping her mother. I stood as they entered. Morgan said, “Sit down, Evan.”

She helped her mother sit in a chair and put her feet up. Morgan said, “Mother, Evan and I have an announcement. He asked and I accepted. We’re engaged. You need to help make plans for my wedding.”

Her mother looked surprised. When Morgan sat beside me on the couch, I took her hand. I kept holding it. We both looked at her, waiting.

“I hope your choices in men is better than mine have been. He seems to be a great guy. It is fast though. Are both of you sure?”

“Quite.” I offered.

“Yes, Ma’am. We have talked enough to know each other and reach a conclusion.”

I added, “We’ve also prayed about our relationship also.”

I went on. “I expect the mortgage to be approved either Monday or Tuesday. The information was submitted to their underwriting Friday morning. With my score and income, there shouldn’t be any surprises.”

Morgan said, “Mother, I want to be married to Evan in time to move into that house together and it will become our home.”

Her mother really didn’t have anything to say. Her objections, such as they might be, were easily handled. She wasn’t really thinking well yet. It was quiet for a long moment.

Morgan said, “Mom, the real question is your actions and how to change your current self-destructive behavior to be better for your physical and emotional health.”

“I’m an adult and quite capable of handling my life.” She said that though there was a defensive edge to her voice. It also would have been more believable if she had been able to clean up on her own.

Morgan gave a disbelieving look to her mother. “That’s crap and you know it, Mother. You are screwing anybody and that’s sooner or later going to be bad. STD’s will be in your body sooner or later. Second, you’re screwing everybody now. That increases the risks and also makes it likely that you will be physically damaged. Third, you’re drinking too much. It will harm your health and lower your ability to think rationally. Finally, you operate on commission and you haven’t been making sales or getting listings because you’re not working. Your override from me and your other two agents isn’t sufficient for you to live and pay your bills.”

It was quiet. I decided that Morgan was handling the situation as well as it could be handled. I decided that I would stick to offering her my moral support unless my love wanted more from me.

Her mother was quiet. She did look troubled as she, I hoped, reflected on Morgan’s words. She still looked haggard. She had gone downhill physically since I had first seen her. I wondered what she looked like a year ago. I remembered her picture online which looked different from when I had first met her.

Morgan looked at me. I said, “My love, you have it covered. I agree and support you completely.”

Her mother didn’t look pleased to hear my statement as it gave her no way to offset her daughter’s statements. She did say, “I guess you expect me to change, Morgan?” She put a questioning sound in her voice.

“Yes, Mother. It’s difficult to have this conversation but Evan gives me strength to say what you need to hear. I know you don’t like it but what are you going to do? I’m not talking about speculation but facts.”

Morgan was quiet. I remained quiet. Her mother looked troubled. I thought, “As well she should.” I sensed that Morgan would wait her out. I understood and agreed. I hoped it wouldn’t take too long.

I took almost ten minutes while her mother was trying to find a way out of her daughter’s trap and not have to clean up her act.

Her mother finally said, “I guess you want me to start attending church again?”

“Yes. There are some men there who are divorced or widowed. The average guy would be better than the best you have been finding. It would also cut down on the expectation that you drink. Despite the current times and mores, you don’t have to get drunk and screwed on every date.”

I smiled but wisely felt that “Silence was Golden.”

“Finally, mother, you must help me with planning for a wedding. In the process, find yourself as a person worthy of others and clean up your act. You can be happier and will be more fulfilled with good things for a change.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.