I Walked Away With a Redhead - Cover

I Walked Away With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 7

She said, “May I come in, Evan?”

“I guess so, Sheila. How have you been doing?”

“I’ve been well. I haven’t seen you anywhere and everything in here is boxed up. What’s going on?”

“I’m moving. I was promoted in my job and it included a quick transfer because of the problems at my new plant. I’m here packing. Tomorrow, the movers come and take everything away. It will be stored for a while until I have a new place. It’s been busy since I’m now in charge of a plant.”

“Why didn’t you call me?”

I said, “Sheila, we met in the park and you told me it was over and that you had someone new. We separated. There was no reason for me to think you wanted me to be in touch with you. I’m moving on which includes moving out.”

She said, “Have you missed me?”

“Actually, I haven’t. My new job and looking for a place to live have taken my time and thought. I’ve been on the phone a lot while here. The reason I was sent there was that there were problems there. I’ve found that to be true.”

“Tomorrow, I hope there won’t be as many calls. I close the place down tomorrow afternoon and go back to my hotel room. I already have commitments for Sunday at the new place.”

Sheila said, “I had hoped you would have time for me.”

“Sheila, you’re the one who told me you had found someone new and that it was over between us. I accepted your words and am moving on. If the first one didn’t work out, I’m sure you can find many willing applicants to be your guy. My attention has been elsewhere and I’m not interested in a one-night stand so I can start all over getting over you.”

Sheila looked at me for a moment. She stood at which point I belatedly realized she had been unbuttoning her clothes. As she stood, she shrugged and her blouse fell to the floor. Her shorts fell to her hips and she pushed them further down. Underneath those two articles of clothing, she was naked having worn neither panties nor bra! Even for Sheila, this was beyond the norm!

I noticed that she had a bruise or two that I had never seen before. I had a bad feeling about her “new” guy. I felt I understood why she was here and why I didn’t want to interact with him, whoever he might be.

I said, “Sheila, I don’t think that was a good idea. I’m here to pack and leave. You are still in school working on your master’s. I have a job that has moved me away from here. There is no workable possibility. I think you need to dress and leave. That tactic won’t work with me. I won’t let it work and you don’t really want it to work.”

“Evan, I really miss you. I made a mistake about you.”

“No, Sheila. You were right. We both need to be elsewhere including now.” She had made no effort to dress. “Please put your clothes back on.”

“You-you’re turning me away?”

“I’m just supporting your statement from our last meeting.”

She wasn’t happy but pulled her shorts back into place. Then, she pulled her blouse over her shoulders and put her arms through the arm holes. She made no attempt to button it leaving her rather bountiful breasts still exposed. I knew she liked to show cleavage since she viewed her bust as the best part of her figure. I stood quietly for a moment. I walked over to the door and opened it. She still looked surprised but closed her blouse buttoning a few buttons. She walked out. I knew she had a condo that her parents had bought for her use in college. I had been in it enough times. I figured she still had it and that would be where she would go.

I only hoped that it was truly over this time. After being with Morgan even without sex, I realized that moving on from Sheila had truly occurred. I really preferred Morgan’s body to Sheila’s and that was without getting involved in thinking about brains or personalities. In those two areas, Morgan was way ahead. I locked the door and went to my bed.

In the morning, I packed the sheets in the last open box. It was already labeled. My towel had gone in my case. I was ready to load and did start loading my car with boxes and my case.

During the day Friday, I had received a call that I would need to pay for the appraisal. I asked for the appraiser to call and I would charge it. The company was paying for a number of items connected with the purchase and loan. This was one. I would just submit it for reimbursement. The appraiser called and we completed the transaction. He said that preliminary information suggested that the property would appraise high enough to cover the loan and more. He would perform the appraisal Monday and email the report to me and to the mortgage broker.

The movers showed up and began to load. I moved my car out of the way to facilitate their efforts. They had me loaded and were leaving at eleven. I went to the rental office, was inspected, and complete by lunchtime. I left figuring to eat on the way to the hotel. If Morgan could, we would eat dinner together tonight. That thought energized me. I used a pull-through to get a burger, fries, and drink but kept going. I pulled into my hotel’s parking lot by three. I disposed of my trash and cleared my car of boxes and case. I had never released my room. I sat back and phoned Morgan.

“This is Morgan.”

“Hello, Morgan. This is Evan. I’m back. I would like to see you tonight if that’s not an imposition.”

“Evan, I don’t plan for seeing you to ever be an imposition. I guess you’re available now?”

“Yes, the loading by the movers went faster than I had planned. The leasing company did their thing quickly. I ate lunch on the way while I drove.”

“Do you need to clean up?”

“I probably should. What do you want me to wear?”

“Your birthday suit!” She was laughing. I laughed with her. I realized I would like us dressed that way! “Seriously, wear slacks and a nice shirt. We’ll go fancier tonight to celebrate. Come to the house and get me.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.