I Walked Away With a Redhead - Cover

I Walked Away With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 5

We sat down on the couch. Her mother wasn’t there though had been there while we were gone. Morgan put on some soft music and we just sat together letting time pass quite pleasantly.

I left feeling well-kissed as the news started to come on. I went to my hotel room and lay back watching the news and weather before going to sleep.

Monday, I was back at work. Things were going well but I missed hearing from Morgan. I gave the administrative assistant for the front office area a sheet of paper that I prepared entitled “Evan’s Priority List.” On that list were a few company higher ups, my parents, and Morgan. I told Sally that a call from any one of them was a priority. I could be interrupted if in a meeting or found if I were in the plant. She nodded. I added, “Please tell your relief also. These are important people to me.”

She nodded. “I know Morgan Cox, Evan. She’s a great person. She was ahead of me a couple of years in high school. She was always nice to everyone.”

I smiled. “She’s my real estate agent but I’m working on a relationship with her. The last is the reason she’s on my list.”

She grinned, “I won’t let your romance suffer because of me.”

“Thanks, Sally. I need all the help I can get.”

An hour later, I was returning from the plant and stopped to pick up messages. The main phone rang and Sally answered adding, “Hello, Morgan. He just came in from the plant. Just a moment and I’ll connect you.” She looked at me. “I can put it there or your office which is more private.” She grinned.

“I’ll take it in my office.” I grinned and moved rapidly to my new office. I walked in to the phone ringing. “This is Even Jones. May I help you.”

Morgan’s voice sounded sultry over the phone. “Hi, Evan. I hope you’re doing well this morning.”

“It’s been good so far. I’m going through some issues with the plant personnel. It’s improving already. What may I do for you?”

“I have news, Evan. The offer was presented this morning and it was countered but only for two thousand more.”

I shrugged. “I can live with that. What now?”

“I need you to accept it in writing. I can bring it out and we might get a bite to eat if you have time.” Her voice sounded unsure.

“For you, I always have time. Come on or do you want me to meet you?”

“I’ll drive over. The inspection guy should have his report this afternoon. We can talk about the mortgage at lunch.”

“As long as I can look at you, Morgan, that will work.”

“Evan!”

“What?”

“You’re embarrassing me.”

“Only a little. I will wait for your arrival.”

“Good bye, Evan.”

“See you soon, Morgan.”

I was still in my office talking on the phone again when she came in the main door. I had just said my good bye and hung up when I heard, “Morgan!” from Sally.

“Sally, it’s good to see you!”

“You look great. Now, I understand the glassy eyed look that Evan has had all morning. He talks about his redheaded real estate agent in hushed, reverent tones.” Sally giggled. I came to the opening of the hallway into her area. “Mister Jones, Miss Cox is here to see you.” She emphasized the “miss.”

Morgan came to me almost at a run and gave me a hug. She was wearing another short dress though the color was more appropriate for office wear.

“Hello, Morgan. It’s great to see you.” I smiled. I took her free hand and said “Follow me to my office.”

She smiled happily and nodded. Once in my office she pushed the door closed and stepped into my arms kissing me hard. I helped. I said huskily, “Hello to you, Morgan.” I was a little surprised but sure didn’t mind nor did I complain.

She sat in one of my visitor chairs and pulled a folder from a valise. It was the contract that had been marked up. I went over it with her, our heads close together. She went over the two slight changes one of which was the two grand increase in price. The other was a faster closing date. She said, “That shouldn’t be a problem unless there is some issue that shows up unexpectedly.”

“Okay, where do I sign or initial?”

She showed me and I did what was needed. “What other work do we have to do?”

Before she could answer, there was a knock and Sally entered. May I get either one of you coffee or water?”

I grinned. “Sorry, Sally. We’re not in a compromising position. We’ve actually completed most of the work needing to be done.”

“Sally, I don’t want anything since he’s taking me to lunch now. I’ll talk to you later.” Morgan grinned. “First things, first.” She tucked the contract back in the valise. “Evan, may I leave it here while we eat?” I nodded.

We both stood to leave with the valise left on a corner of my desk. We went out holding hands and smiling happily. Sally went back to her desk. We went out the door to my car, got in it, and left. Morgan directed me to a nice little place. I was glad to have her available for directions to places though that wasn’t the main reason.

We sat down and were served. After receiving our menus, we were quickly served our orders of tea. By then, we were ready with our selections. We gave that information to our server. She left with our menus. Morgan had been seated close to me. “Evan, we do need to talk about mortgages. There is some work they will have to do. They will want paperwork to verify everything you can imagine and some things you can’t. They will want an appraisal that you must pay for. Most mortgage companies are getting away from surveys when the property is within a subdivision. It depends.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.