Vennoa the Half-elf Sorcerer - Cover

Vennoa the Half-elf Sorcerer

Copyright© 2019 by Spherical Spoon

Chapter 22

The party headed into the other tunnel. It was also a short tunnel, and led to yet another cavern. This time, instead of women and children, the cavern had a raised platform of sorts carved into the stone. On the platform, there was an older-looking kobold seated on a throne-like chair made of rock. He was not wearing leather armor like the other kobolds they had fought. Instead, he was wearing clothes made of colorful cloth. A long staff rested against the throne.

Beside the old kobold were two winged kobolds. Even though those kobolds were not flying at the moment, their folded wings were obvious. The cavern ceiling was high enough that the kobolds could probably fly if they wanted to. Behind the throne, there was a humanoid that was tied up. The humanoid was still alive, based on the wriggling and struggles that the party could see.

The party tighten their hold on their weapons, and walked forward towards the kobolds.

“What do you want?” the old kobold said in Common. “You’ve already killed more than half of my people.”

“Who is that?” Fender asked, pointing at the humanoid.

“Her? She’s an intruder, just like you. Soon, she’ll be food, just like you,” the kobold leader replied, baring his sharp teeth in a grin.

Vennoa stepped forward in an aggressive manner, but Pua physically pushed her back. He stepped in front of her, and said to the kobold, “We can hold our own, as we’ve demonstrated just now. Perhaps we can come to a mutual agreement.”

The kobold thought for a few seconds, and then said, “Very well. If you swear to serve me, then I’ll let you live.”

“Why don’t we just kill you, and then take what we want,” Vennoa threatened from behind Pua.

“We don’t want to fight any more,” the kobold replied hastily. “Leave, and you can live.”

Sensing that the kobolds had already given up, Fender offered, “Free the woman, and we’ll leave.”

“Fine!” the kobold said. “Take her, and go!”

The old kobold leader nodded at one of the winged kobolds, who then drew a dagger and cut away the ropes binding the woman. The human woman quickly picked herself up, and walked briskly to the party.

“Thank you!” the woman said. “I’m Veldran.”

Fender nodded and said, “We met your husband.”

Veldran looked relieved and said, “I’m glad he’s alright.”

“What are you waiting for?” the kobold yelled. “Leave this place, and never return!”

“A diamond,” Vennoa muttered. She just remembered why they had come here in the first place. Seeing Veldran reminded her of her actual quest. “Give us a diamond,” she yelled at the kobold.

The kobold leader looked shocked, and replied quickly, “We have no diamonds here!”

Vennoa stared at the kobold with a cold glare, and didn’t say a word.

“Okay! Okay!” the kobold relented. He reached into his clothes, and pulled out a large diamond. He handed it over to one of his winged kobolds.

The winged kobold held the diamond out, and walked towards the party. It gave the diamond to Vennoa, then quickly turned, unfolded its wings and flew up and then back down beside the throne.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.