Vennoa the Half-elf Sorcerer
Chapter 17

Copyright© 2019 by Spherical Spoon

“Spread out!” Pua yelled, darting in one direction. The rest of them followed suit in other directions.

Vennoa shot a firebolt at one of the flying kobolds, but it went too far to the side and hit nothing. Fender had quickly loaded her crossbow and fired, and gave a whoop as she hit the other flying kobold. However, even with the bolt sticking out of its leg, it continued flying towards them.

Vennoa steadied her aim to fire again, but was pushed to the side by Agate. She harshly turned to him to yell at him, but saw another kobold, a regular one, slash a dagger where she was standing. It must have ambushed her while her attention was focused at the sky.

Vennoa gave a nod of thanks to Agate, and drew her own dagger to engage the kobold. Agate turned and headed off towards other kobolds that had appeared around them. Vennoa did a quick scan and found around ten kobolds, excluding the two in the air. This time, she didn’t see any armored kobold or goblin leading them.

Something was different about this fight compared to the other ones. For one, the kobolds were noisy. They constantly chattered at each other in a harsh-sounding language, and Vennoa could somehow almost understand what they were saying. Perhaps it was their body language and gestures, but it was clear to her that they were discussing tactics to overwhelm the party.

No such luck today for you! Vennoa smirked, and slashed the dagger across the chest of the kobold attacking her. The kobold tried to dodge, but was still hit on its side. It was wearing a leather tunic of some kind, and Vennoa’s slash cut it loose. Vennoa could make out some scaly and black on the shoulder of the kobold.

The kobold counterattacked, but Vennoa was ready this time. She was not a stranger to dagger fights, not after surviving on the streets as long as she had. She easily stepped to the side, and pulled the kobold in the direction of its swing. At the same time, she swung her dagger down and stabbed the kobold from behind, right where its heart should be. The kobold choked on its blood and fell to the ground, blood pooling out of its mouth.

Vennoa looked around again. The party seemed to be holding its own. She could make out a number of kobold bodies around them, and everyone seemed unscathed. She checked the air, and saw a flying kobold retreating. Fender fired her crossbow at it but it missed. Vennoa took aim and shot her firebolt. This time, the firebolt hit the kobold on its back. It must have been already previously injured, since even though the firebolt didn’t appear to do too much damage, the kobold fell straight from the sky like the rock it had been carrying before.

“Looks like that’s the last of them,” Pua said as he spit on one of the kobold corpses. “Where did they come from, anyway?”

“The man did mention that this area had kobolds and goblins. Perhaps this was a patrol of some sort,” Agate said, holding his arm. One of the kobolds must have slashed him.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.