The Body Guard Book 3 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 3

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 8

Luca was pacing the waiting room of the hospital. They wouldn’t let him in to see Kay. Sal and Peter showed up. They contacted Moe in Las Vegas and let him know what was going on. He told them he would pass the word on to Paulie.

“Any news yet?”

“Nothing! Damn it why won’t they tell me anything!”

“Calm down Luca.”

“How can I be calm? One minute we are talking, civil. The next minute she is doubled over in pain.”

“Did you ask her to marry you?” They wanted to distract Luca a little. To calm him down.

“Yes.”

“What did she say?”

“She didn’t answer me. I told her about everything.”

“Everything?”

“Yes, the hotel, legal problems. The military all of it.”

“How did she react?” They all looked at each other.

“The only question she asked was, about King Arthur Time.”

“You told her about King Arthur Time?”

“She heard me say it before.”

“Strange.” Peter said

“She wanted to know if I could teach her to shoot a pistol.”

“Why?”

“For protection.”

“You did tell her you were a weapons expert?” Sal questioned.

“I told you. I told her everything. About how we met. About mom and dad sort of taking in you and Peter. About Paulie and Moe. Our jobs and how we work.”

“What about Sonny?”

“She knows. She understood. She understands a lot more than I thought.”

“We tried telling you that.” Peter stated.

“I know, I know.” He looked at the time.

“How long she been in there?” Sal asked.

“Over an hour.” Soon the doors opened and a doctor stepped out. Luca was looking hoping the doctor was for him.

“Is there a Luca Brasia?”

“Right here.” He quickly went up to the doctor. The doctor took a few steps back.

He cleared his throat. “Are you here with Kay Adams?”

“Yes. How is she? Can I see her? Is she okay? What about the baby?” Soon the rest of the guys were around Luca. The doctor felt uncomfortable.

“Do you want everyone to hear this?” The doctor looked at everyone.

Luca could sense the nervousness. “Please I just need to see Kay.”

“Kay still needs to gain some more weigh, and so does the baby.”

“But?”

“The catch is the more weight the baby gains, the more likely it will make the placenta fall away from the uterus.”

“Even with the stitch?”

The doctor and the guys looked at Luca surprised. “Yes.”

“What can we do? I mean she has been eating, bed rest. We have been keeping the stress levels down. I hope.”

“She needs complete bed rest now. That means bathroom and shower only. No working, walking. The stress must stop. We need her to carry this baby for at least another three weeks.”

“What will happen if she can’t?”

“Right now, Kay is fine. We see no bleeding. That means she isn’t hemorrhaging. The baby is a little stressed. That’s why it’s so important she has complete bed rest. If the baby comes earlier than three weeks we can run into all kinds of problems. Let’s hope that’s not going to be the case here.”

“When can she leave?”

“We want to keep her over night for observations.”

“Can I see her?”

“Yes, but only you. The nurse will come and get you when she is in her room.”

Luca nodded. “Thanks doctor.” The doctor nodded and left. Luca turned to his friends. He looked pale.

“Everything will be alright Luca.” Sal said as he padded Luca on the back.

“As long as she has complete bed rest everything should be fine.” Peter stated.

“I umm...” Luca cleared his throat. “I thought I lost her once. I went off the deep end.” He found a seat and sat. He put his hands to his face. “I don’t know if I could go through that again. If anything happens to our baby she will be devastated! She loves that child more than her own life! How do you prepare yourself for something like this?”

None of them had an answer.

“All you can do is believe they both will be okay.” Sal said.

Luca let out a troubling laugh. “I did that once. And I lost both my parents within a few months of each other.” Luca cleared his throat again.

“Luca Brasia?” A nurse called his name.

He stood. His eyes were bloodshot. He looked like hell.

“You want us to wait?”

“No, I will contact you.”

They stood and watched Luca disappear. Sal looked at Peter and shrugged they both felt helpless.

Luca had to pull himself together before he entered Kay’s room. He took a deep breath and stepped inside. She looked like she was sleeping. “Kay?”

She turned her head. He could tell she was crying. Tears started flowing when she saw him. “I am scared.” She held her breath.

Luca was at her side in a flash. He grabbed her hand.

“We will get through this. You and the baby will be fine.” He kissed her hand.

“They want me to have complete best rest.”

“I know.”

“They want to keep me overnight.”

“I know. I am not leaving you here by yourself.”

“They won’t let you stay.”

“I think they will. Trust me.”

Kay drifted off to sleep and Luca never left her side. They tried to get him to leave but gave up. He wasn’t going anywhere.

Sal called Moe. He filled him on everything.

“I talked with Paulie and he said that Bruno was in New York and he was taking the next plane from Phoenix to New York. When he arrived, he said he would check in with you guys. Mona and I will take the first plane out and will let you know our schedule.” Moe told Sal.

Paulie and Moe arrived within an hour of each other. Sal and Peter were there to get both parties and take them to their apartments. They were in a building that was a few blocks away from the King Arthur Time apartment. The team member each had an apartment in the building to use as a base while in the city. After they all got settled, they were sitting in Sal’s apartment.

“Things are pretty bad I take it?” Moe asked.

“You remember when his parents died?” Sal replied.

“All too well.” They all said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.