The Body Guard Book 3 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 3

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 6

One Week Later

Luca met Sal, Moe, Peter and Paulie at the apartment. It was King Arthur time. He had a shot glass next to each chair and a bottle of scotch whiskey in front of him.

“Okay Luca what’s this about?” Moe said.

Luca poured himself a shot and handed the bottle around, when all of them had a shot glass full of scotch. He raised his glass and downed the shot. The rest followed suit.

“I am going to take care of Kay. I am out of commission for a while.” He refilled his drink and everyone followed suit.

“How long is awhile?” Sal asked.

“As long as it takes. She said she doesn’t love me anymore.” He said as looked down at the table

He drank down his shot. Everyone looked at each other and did the same.

“But I made a promise to her. I will not let her do this alone.”

Sal cleared his throat. “What’s wrong?”

“Her pregnancy is very fragile. She is to be on bed rest, no stress and she needs to gain weight.”

“She has the restaurant.” Peter said.

Luca nodded. “I know. Remember my mom was hostess at the hotel restaurant?” He looked at Sal and Peter

They both laughed. “Yes, that’s where we got our first jobs.”

“I have some experience. I am sure Kay’s staff will help. Kay has a room that she can stay at while she’s there.”

“You’re not seriously thinking of taking over?” Peter asked.

“Why not? Sal is a numbers person, for finances. Peter can help with kitchen. He did play a cook, remember?”

“And what a terrifying job that was.” Sal grinned.

“Paulie can do inventory and order supplies.”

“Why?”

“Because I asked. Look, I am not asking you guys to give up anything. Just to help when you can. I know how our lives are and we need to go at a drop of a hat sometimes. I am just asking for a little help now and again.”

They all looked at him. “How bad is it Luca?” Sal said.

Luca cleared his throat. “They both could die.” He took a drink and passed the bottle. The men nodded.

They talked for a while longer, everyone agreed to help. They all liked Kay. They just hoped she could find it in her heart to forgive Luca and learn to love him again.

“But before you all start your restaurant jobs, there is some unfinished business to clean up. Bruno Tattaglia. I need him found. I need some questions answered and he is just the person to answer them. Moe, you and Paulie are on this for now. If you need help bring Peter in.” They all nodded and left the apartment together.

Unknown to them, Bruno was watching them leave the apartment. He was amazed to see Luca standing there with the rest of the team. He was told by Hyman that Luca was dead. It was time to give Hyman a call Bruno thought to himself.


The telephone rang and the secretary answered it, “Law office of Roth, Fanucci and Petangeli, how may I direct your call.”

“Ya this is Bruno Tattaglia calling for Mr. Roth.”

“One moment sir and I will see if Mr. Roth is available.”

“Hello Bruno, are you back in town?” Hyman asked.

“Hello Mr. Roth, yes I am. I wanted to check in. I thought you told me that the big guy was dead.”

“Yes, that is what the information that I received told me. Why do you ask?”

“Well I was tailing one of the team members and he went into an apartment complex. A couple of hours later the team comes out and Luca Brasia was with them.”

“Are sure that it was Mr. Brasia?”

“Yes, I’m sure, I tailed him for a few days before the hit went down. Besides he stands a head taller than anyone else on the team.”

“Thank you for the information. Give me a phone number where I can contact you? As soon as I consult with my client, I will get back in touch with you to let you know about his decision.

“I move around a lot; I will give you a call in a day after tomorrow.”

“That will work, I will talk with you in two days.”


Later that afternoon a meeting was taking place in the office of Vito Genovese between him and Hyman Roth. Hyman filled Vito in on Bruno’s phone call.

“Damn, have Tattaglia fulfill his contract and make sure that they all are dead.” Vito ranted.

“Yes sir, I will inform Bruno of your decision.

“I hate loose ends, speaking of such, what is going on with that Sollozzo guy. Has he told you where my money and drugs are hidden yet?”

“No sir, but I have our people on the inside working him over. It should just a matter of time before he breaks and gives us the information.”


The next day Hyman Roth entered the Metropolitan Correctional Center to speak with his client Virgil Sollozzo. The meeting again was held in the prisoner/attorney conference room.

“Good morning Virgil, how are you being treated?”

“Good morning Mr. Roth, it’s been rough the last couple of months!”

“Oh, I am sorry to hear that. Are you ok?”

“They worked me over pretty good and I’m sore all over. Is there any way to call off the dogs?”

“About the topic that we were discussing last week. Have you come to some sort of a conclusion?” The proper answers would give you some much needed relief.”

Virgil has been giving it considerable thought since the beatings started and concluded that he was screwed. But he was going to trial next week, so he figured he would wait it out until after the trial had ended. There was no way they were going to kill him, without finding out where he hid the drugs and money.

“Mr. Roth, I stand by my story. It had to be those guys that Kay hired to protect her.”

“Ok Virgil, your trial starts next week and I hope that you are telling me the truth.”

“I am Mr. Roth I am, so help me God.”


When Luca got back to Kay’s he saw Tom’s car there. He didn’t know what was going on now. He knocked on the door and Tom answered. He nodded and stepped aside. Kay had a plate of food in front of her as she was reading some papers.

Tom pulled Luca to the side. “You do know how serious this is, right?”

“Yes, we talked.”

Tom nodded. “Kay wants to make arrangements just in case...”

“Wait what? What kind of arrangements?”

“Just in case anything happens to her. She wants the baby cared for.”

“What? I am that baby’s father!” He got loud.

“So now you’re the father?” Tom lifted his brow.

Luca glared at Tom. “I know I messed up! What more do you want from me?”

“That girl doesn’t need any more problems! Are you in it for the long hall?”

“Yes.” Luca flatly said.

“Okay then...”

“Tom!” Kay called from where she was at. “It’s not his business what I am doing.”

The two men looked at each other. Tom shrugged his shoulders. “She’s right. Do you want him here?”

“You can’t be serious?” Luca said.

Tom walked over to the table. “That is up to Kay.”

She knew he was steaming. She was going to let him stew. “You don’t have any right to be here.”

“What! Listen, darlin’. I have every right to be here. You are carrying my child!”

“So now you want responsibility?” Kay stood. “Because I might die or the baby? What kind of person are you?”

Luca didn’t know what to say.

“Listen Kay settle down! You know what the doctors told you.” Tom said as he put his hand on her shoulder.

Kay sat as she watched Luca. She saw the fear and hurt she just caused. Then she saw anger. “Don’t call me darlin’,” she barked.

“If you’re trying to get rid of me. It’s not going to work.” He pulled out a chair and sat down while glaring at her the whole time.

Tom just stood there smiling at the banner going on between the two of them. The love and sparks were still there.

“Shall we continue?” He looked at Kay.

“Only if Luca keeps his mouth shut.”

He went to say something, but he saw Tom shaking his head.

“Fine.” Luca said through gritted teeth.

“Okay then. Let’s continue.”

“Alright, now if anything happens to me. I want the restaurant sold.”

“But it’s been in your family for a long time Kay.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.