The Body Guard Book 3 - Cover

The Body Guard Book 3

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Chapter 5

It took him several months of intense therapy and personal training to be almost completely healed. He was almost as good as new. Kay was on his mind every day. She gave him the strength and energy he needed. He was ready to go see her. He wanted her. He knew she was the only one for him. He was ignorant when he left. He thought he wouldn’t be able to keep her happy. That she wouldn’t be able to trust him. He was wrong, so wrong. She would give him everything. Love him unconditionally. He just never gave her the chance.

Luca contacted Tom. He told him of his plan. Tom was more than happy to help. Kay really needed Luca more than anyone knew. Tom told him she closed at eleven p.m. She usually left at midnight. He also told Luca he would stop in and see her when he worked late. Luca figured he would get there a little before eleven. He needed the support of his friends. They all were there for him.

Kay was at the main counter. She was throwing away empty wine bottles. She heard the bell above the door open. She looked at the clock and it was eleven.

“Sorry we are cl...” She stopped in mid-sentence. She swallowed hard. “Luca?” her face lit up. She saw Sal, Peter, Moe and Paulie behind him. Tears filled her eyes.

“Kay.” Luca cleared his throat.

She looked different, somehow. But still she was the most beautiful woman he laid eyes on. They stared at each other

“I came here tonight to prove how much I love you. I want us to be together. I am ashamed of myself the way I acted. I need to know if you still love me. If you still think we have a future.”

Kay stood frozen. All the words she ever wanted to hear. She was hearing them. Tears started flowing. She took her shaking hand to her lips.

“I love you so much Luca.”

She went around the corner of the counter and Luca got a surprise. He was shocked. He held up his hand. He became instantly hurt and then he got angry. He glared at her with a livid look.

“I see you already moved on! I knew this was a mistake. I knew you would never wait. Everything you ever told me was a lie. You’re deceitful just like your sister was.” He snapped at her.

Kay stopped in her tracks with an aggrieved look on her face. Just then Tom walked in.

“So how did he take the news about being a daddy?” Tom asked.

He looked between Kay and Luca.

“Did I say something wrong?”

Luca stood there stunned. He was staring right at Kay. He saw all the pain in her eyes he just inflicted.

“Leave.” She said in a low raspy voice.

“Kay, I am...” Luca started.

“I said leave!” She shouted and grabbed an empty wine bottle and threw it at his head.

Luca duck out of the way and the bottle smashed against the wall. The room was quiet. Luca didn’t know what to say. That was his baby she was carrying and he accused her of being with someone else. ‘You really screwed up this time. Say something!’ he thought.

Kay slowly walked up to him. She was glaring at him. She took her finger and pointed into his chest.

“Stay away from me. That’s what you’re good at.”

He could feel the hurt and pain in her voice and on her face. It almost killed him.

“The baby?” He looked down at her belly.

Kay let out a bitter laugh. “Don’t worry Luca. I won’t try and trap you. Now leave before I call the police.”

“Let’s go Luca.” He felt a hand on his shoulder.

“I want to be alone.” Kay looked over at Tom. He nodded and followed Luca and the guys out the door.

Kay locked the door and burst into tears.

They could hear her crying on the other side.

“I didn’t know. Why didn’t anyone tell me?” He swallowed hard. He turned to face everyone.

“We didn’t know.”

Tom cleared his throat. “She is having complications. They were afraid she was going to lose the baby for a while there. She didn’t want to tell you, just in case she lost the baby. She’s on strict restrictions. Then she didn’t want you to worry because of everything you had to deal with. She thought it would have been too much for you to handle.”

Luca closed his eyes. “I really, really screwed this up.”

He opened his eyes and was looking at his friends. They all gave him a disgusted look.

“Yeah Luca. You did.” Sal said.

He turned and walked away. Everyone else followed suit. Soon Luca was standing alone. The look on Kay’s face was heart wrenching. The sound of her voice he will never forget. He turned back towards the door. He could still hear her crying. He got close and started tapping on it.

“Kay please, please let me in. I am so sorry darlin’. I just wasn’t expecting to see you pregnant. We need to talk. Please open up.” He was hoping she would let him in.

Kay wiped her eyes. She cleared her throat. “Sorry sir, but we’re closed.”

She turned and walked away from the door. She could hear Luca on the other side begging for her to open it. She walked into her office and sat. She put her face in her hands and cried.

“All I ever wanted was for you to love me.” She choked out loud.

Luca saw her shadow walk away. He knew she wasn’t going to open the door. He had to fix this. He turned and head back to his hotel room. He had a lot to think about. ‘How are you going to fix this dummy? Damn you screwed up again. Why let your mouth run before you think? Damn it Luca! You’re a fool!’ he said to himself

The following day Kay informed all her staff if Luca were to show up to tell him she wasn’t in. Which really wasn’t a lie, she was in and out all day long. She had doctors’ visits and had a meeting with the bank. But as she may have forgot Luca does stake out and follow people. It is part of what his job requires him to do. Kay was so upset she wouldn’t have notice Luca if he stood in front of her.

Luca followed her throughout the day. He wondered what kind of problems she was having with her pregnancy. There was no way she would tell him. So, he would have to find out other ways. He could see she was really distracted when she left the doctor’s office. And after last night he probably didn’t help matters any. The next day he staked out her house. He checked to see how secure it was. He smiled when he noticed she had the latest alarm system installed. He looked around the neighborhood. It appeared to be a nice-looking subdivision. The homes all seemed well kept. He felt good thinking she was safe. She didn’t live too far away from the restaurant. He watched her for about a week. He noticed that sometimes she didn’t come home. Then he noticed a small room on the west side of her restaurant. It seemed that’s where she stayed. It must be small bedroom or personal room for her. He would see lights on until early morning. Then go out. She didn’t seem to sleep much. He knew that wasn’t good. When he saw she had another doctor’s appointment he got worried. He tried several times to talk to her but she refused to have anything to do with him. He was just going to have to make her talk to him. After all it was his child she was carrying.

Kay was crushed about what Luca said. How could he honestly think she would deceive him? After everything they have been through. He was the one that had trust issues. She couldn’t understand his logic. Maybe she was just too naive or too trusting. Even after everything she went through. Kay was nervous when she entered the doctor’s office. After all the abuse she went through left her with a weak uterus. She always thought one day she would have children. But she never thought it would happen like this. She was sitting in the doctor’s office waiting to be seen. Her stomach was in knots.

“Kay Adams.” The nurse came out.

Kay smiled and got up. “Good morning.”

“Good morning Kay. How are we today?”

“We both a little tired and nervous.”

The nurse smiled. “Follow me. Let’s get your weight.”

“Ugh.” she shrugged. Kay stepped on the scale.

The nurse shook her head. “You should be gaining not losing. How have you been eating?”

“I thought I was eating pretty good. How much did I lose?”

“Three pounds.” The nurse wrote down her weight. “Room two. The doctor will be right in.” She smiled and left.

Kay waited. She didn’t know why she lost weight. Everything has been so hectic. Then Luca shows up. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. ‘Everything will be fine. You are strong. Your baby is strong.’ She opened her eyes when she heard a knock and the doctor stepped in.

“Kay.” He smiled. “Looks like you lost some more weight.”

“Yes. I am not trying to. I am eating and taking my vitamins. I don’t understand what could be wrong.”

“Are you still getting sick?”

“Sometimes.”

“Hmm. You should be over that by now. How are you eating?”

“Well I had breakfast.”

“What do you have?”

She looked at him. “It varies. Sometimes pancakes, eggs or cereal.”

“Add orange juice.”

“I tried but it really upsets my stomach.”

He nodded. “Then more milk.”

Kay nodded.

“I want you to eat more often. We must get your weight up. I want to do some more blood work.”

“What are you looking for? Nothing showed up in the last blood work you done.”

“We just want to make sure we are not missing anything. Are you experiencing any pain or bleeding?”

“No on the bleeding. But pain yes my lower stomach.”

“I want you to go to the hospital to get some x-rays taken to check the baby’s progress. I will have the nurse schedule you an appointment sometime next week. As soon as she gets the appointment scheduled, she will let you know what day it is on and what time to be there and where to go in the hospital for the x-rays.”

“Okay doctor.”

She tried to smile but she was so worried something terrible was wrong. She hated the having to do x-rays. The day arrived for the x-ray to be done. She didn’t feel like driving, so she took a cab to the hospital. Kay was nervous and she had to pee so bad it hurt. She was patiently waiting. She thought they would never call her name. ‘Please hurry or I am going to pee my pants. Hurry, hurry.’

“Kay Adams.” The nurse called.

The nurse finally called her. She would have jumped for joy if she could have. They took three different sets of x-rays and it seemed like it took forever. When it was over Kay ran for the bathroom. She returned she felt a lot better.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.