The Body Guard Book 3
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

Kay arrived in Las Vegas two days before the wedding. She was greeted at the airport by Sal, Moe and his fiancé’.

“Kay, I am so glad you could make it. This is my fiancé’ Simonetta, but everyone calls her Mona.” Moe gave Kay a hug.

“Hello Kay, I have heard a lot about you.” She reached out to shake her hand.

“You have?” She looked between Sal and Moe.

“We talk about how things would have been different if Luca and you got together. How he would have been the first one married instead of Moe.”

“Ah, I see. Does he know I am coming yet?”

“No, we wanted him to be surprised. You know how Luca can get.”

“Yes. I do.”

“He is such an ornery person now. It’s hard to believe he could have compassion at all.” Simonetta said.

“Now Mona, Luca is going through a lot. We hope by having Kay here she may be able to help him.” Moe said.

“I really don’t know what you think I can do.”

“We are just going to have to wing it.”

“Did they say if he could ever walk again?”

“There is a good chance, but he refuses to leave the safety of that damn wheelchair.” Sal shook his head.

“Well.” Kay cleared her throat. “Let the fireworks begin!”

They all laughed and got into the limo. They arrived a short time later at the hotel where the wedding was to be held. Moe had gotten them all rooms there. When they arrived, they were greeted by Peter.

“Is Luca here?” Kay asked.

“Yes, he is in his normal place.”

“Where might his normal place be?” Kay asked.

“You will soon find out.” Peter replied.

“Where is Paulie? I haven’t seen him.”

“He is with Luca right now. Also, Tom can’t make it, he has a couple of important court case going right now.” Moe said.

“Well let’s get this over with.”

“Brace yourself Kay.” Sal said.

“Mona and I have some last-minute details to take care of. Good luck with Luca.” Moe said as they left.

Kay nodded. She knew they were all looking out for Luca’s best interest. But her heart was breaking. She didn’t know how she would react seeing him. If he hated everything, that probably included her. And she couldn’t stand that thought. They led her through the hotel up to Luca’s suite. Peter was bunking with Luca in the suite and had his key to the door. He opened the door and they walked into the room. Luca was in a wheelchair looking out the window. Kay paused when she saw him. She drew in a deep breath. She felt Sal’s hand on her elbow.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” She cleared her throat.

“Here we go.”

“Paulie, Luca, look who I found.”

“Kay, Paulie said.” He opened his arms. She went over and gave him a hug.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Luca growled as he looked up at her.

Hate and despise were in his eyes. His face showed the pain he was in.

Keep happy. Hold yourself together.’ She thought.

“I was invited the same as you. I take it you not happy to see me Luca?”

“Why, should I be? I am in a damned wheelchair!” He shouted.

“So, I see. So, does everyone else. You don’t have to shout about it.” Kay said in a calm voice.

“What the hell do you want?” Luca snapped at her.

“I wanted to talk to you. To see how you are doing, but I guess you’re not in the talking mood.”

“No, I am not. I am not in a talking mood. I am not glad to see you.”

“Why don’t you want to see me?”

“I am not the same man I used to be.” He almost shouted.

“I can see that.

“The Luca I knew wouldn’t be sitting around on his ass wallowing in self-pity, wanting everyone to feel sorry for him.”

“I can’t walk for Christ sake!” He barked at her.

“You haven’t even tried to.” She calmly replied.

“How do you know that? And I am not wallowing in self-pity. I don’t want people to feel sorry for me.” He glared at her.

“Could have fooled me.” She abruptly turned and walked away.

“Kay! Damn it Kay. What’s wrong? Can’t stand looking at a cripple?” Luca bellowed at her.

Kay stopped she turned around. “You’re pathetic.” She glared at him. “I am glad this happened. Now I know what kind of man you really are. And that’s not saying much.” She looked him over, turned and left.

Luca sat frozen. The look on her face and the sound of her voice shook him. He got angry. “Pathetic? I will show you pathetic.” He shouted at the door. ‘Nobody talks to me like that.’ He thought.

“Nobody!” he said out loud as an afterthought.

“What was that?” Sal walked up to him.

“What the hell do you guys think would happen if you brought her here? Knowing the way that I feel!” He grumbled.

“News flash. Life doesn’t revolve around you Luca.”

“What the fuck!”

“Get over yourself Luca. None of us feel sorry for you.”

“You’re lucky I am stuck in this chair or I would...”

“Would what Luca? Hit me?” He got down on his knees directly in front of him. “Why don’t I make it easy for you?”

“That’s enough!” Moe said as he walked into the room. “This is my wedding. I will not tolerate any of this. Understood! You need to get a grip on yourself Luca.”

“How could you invite her?”

“Her, meaning Kay?” Moe questioned.

“You know who I mean.”

“Because Luca, whether you realize it or not we all like Kay. She has become a friend to all of us. That woman went through hell and survived. Maybe you should take a lesson from that.”

“She is the best thing that had ever happened to you. And you threw it all away.” Sal stood and turned away.

“She would never love me. Not now.”

“See that’s the problem Luca. You always tried to do her thinking. You really don’t know what she wanted. Or what would make her happy. You just assumed.”

“I don’t need to hear this.” Luca turned.

“You’re pitiful.” Sal said. Luca stopped. He turned. He went to say something but the words wouldn’t come as he looked at the four men staring back at him.

“Just leave me alone.”

“As you wish.” They all turned and left him sitting there, alone, all alone.

A little later that night Kay got restless and went down to the hotel restaurant. Paulie, Sal and Moe were talking.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

“You’re not.” Moe smiled.

“I was a little hungry. I missed dinner.”

“Well let’s see what we can find that’s good on the menu.”

Kay order a sandwich and a soda. The guys were drinking beers.

“This is a beautiful hotel you picked out Moe.”

“Thank you, I glad you like the place.” He said with a smile.

“Oh, having a party without me?” They all turned and Peter walked in.

“Just getting a bite to eat.” Kay smiled back.

“Not pizza and spaghetti o’s?” Peter winked.

Everyone laughed.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.