The Body Guard Book 3
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

“I love you Kay.” Luca whispered as he stepped from the shadows.

He has been watching her. He needed to know she was safe. Now that things are finally on the right track, he needed to move on with his life. The days were long and the nights hard for Luca. He always had Kay on his mind. He often wondered if he had done the right thing. He loved her enough to let her go. Questions always ran through his mind. What does she think if him now that she knew the truth about Sonny? Would she accept him and the things he has done? Would he make her happy? Would she trust him? Luca often went and watched Kay. He would stay hidden so she wouldn’t see him.

“Hello Luca?”

“Damnit Sal! You scared the shit out of me. What the hell are you doing sneaking up on me like that?”

“Well I guess you were too busy watching Kay to check out your surrounding area.” Sal smiled

Luca glanced over to where Kay was. She was talking to one of the contractors working on the outside of her restaurant.

“I guess so, what’s up?”

“Well, I need your help on a case. If you’re interested.”

“What kind of case?”

“Surveillance case. If you’re interested?”

“Yeah, I’m interested.”

He needed to do something to get his mind off Kay. All the tournaments were done for the year. He needed something.

“Fill me in on the details.”

“Bruno Tattaglia, Philip’s brother and Kay’s ex-brother-in-law is back in town and Tom heard he has been talking with the wrong people. Tom asked if we could keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn’t bother Kay. Tom also wants to know what Bruno is involved in.”

“Damn, Bruno was worse than Phillip, always a big trouble maker. What’s the game plan.”

“Ok, Peter and I will be watching Kay. Sorry you’re too emotionally involved with her to be on that surveillance. You and Paulie will be watching Bruno’s every move.”

“What about Moe?”

“Where have you been lately?” Sal grinned.

“Moe met the woman of his dreams, remember?”

Luca thought about it. “Oh ya, that cute little brunette.”

“That’s the one Simonetta Stefanelli the Italian gal. He has been spending a lot more time with her. It wouldn’t surprise me if he asked her to get married.” Sal said.

“Really?”

“Anyway, Bruno was out in Las Vegas for a while and Moe is there now checking on what Bruno was involved in and with whom.” Sal said.

“OK, that I guess that’s a starting point.”

“Luca, why don’t you just go to Kay?” Sal said.

“She has her own life her own goals. I don’t fit.”

“How do you know that?”

“After she found out about Sonny, I don’t know what she will think of me.”

“Is that all? I mean the man beat her, took everything from her and shot her trying to kill her! And you’re worried what she will think of you? You saved her life! She loves you. And you love her, quit being so stubborn. She will only wait so long.”

“This isn’t about me. Let’s get to the case, okay?” Luca knew they were right, but he was still so unsure of himself. Maybe because he never had a love before that makes him question himself.


Bruno, his brother Philip and Virgil had formed a small cartel pushing drugs out of a vacant warehouse. Philip ran the operation; Virgil had the contacts and Bruno was the muscle. Barzin was the man behind the scenes that kept the operation going, but he found out that Philip was skimming from him. When the police received a tip and raided the warehouse, Philip was the only one at the warehouse and was arrested. Philip took the fall for the other two and was sent to prison. Bruno made a promised to himself that he would find out who ratted them out. Unknown to Bruno, Barzin was the rat. Bruno went west for a time but returned when contacted by Virgil.

Barzin took over the drug business working out of the XYZ warehouse. He had Virgil run it, with Sonny as his helper. They moved the drugs through deliveries to various restaurants and grocery stores. That was Sonny’s idea. They have been friends for years and Virgil was Sonny’s best man at his wedding to Kay. Bruno joined back up and started to supply some muscle to help Virgil out. Since the time that his brother was arrested and convicted, Bruno never trusted Virgil and he felt that Virgil was hiding something from him.

Sonny was reckless and stupid, he bragged to Bruno one time that Virgil was looking to lease a warehouse that had a hidden vault in it. Bruno had followed an XYZ truck to the warehouse a couple of times. The truck was inside for short periods of time and then left. He was almost sure that it was Virgil driving the truck. Bruno had broken in one time and searched the place, but never found anything inside, or any hidden vault.


Tom passed some information along that Bruno was meeting a man about a vacant warehouse. Tom was not sure what the meeting was all about. Luca and Paulie were trailing Bruno and an associate to a vacant warehouse. It was next to the same warehouse that Virgil had leased. Bruno was attempting to intimidate the man. The man was supposed to have some information for sale concerning the warehouse that Virgil had a lease on. Sal was outside keeping watch. Peter was watching Kay. The meeting didn’t seem to go well as the man got into a heated discussion with Bruno. It moved into a shouting match and Bruno then pulled out a pistol.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.