The Body Guard Book 3
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2019 by Red Tempest

One Month Later:

Virgil was charged with murder, attempted murder, drug trafficking, kidnapping and other charges. He was awaiting his trial. His attorney was Hyman Roth. Tom was puzzled how Virgil got him as his attorney. Hyman was one the most expensive criminal attorney available. The police during their investigation found out that Virgil was transporting his drugs around the city to restaurants that had fresh produce delivered or other grocery items. That was the one good idea Sonny had. Sonny used Kay’s restaurant for experimenting and Kay never had a clue what was happening to her restaurant.

Virgil was being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City. It seemed that Hyman Roth worked for Vito Genovese. Vito was the underboss for Lucky Luciano. Hyman also worked as a conciliator between for Luciano organization and Fulgencio Batista a representative of the Cuban government. Batista was the Luciano’s connection to secure the drugs and have them smuggled into the country.


A meeting was taking place in the office of Vito Genovese between him and Hyman Roth.

“I need you to get to the bottom of this mess between this Virgil Sollozzo and Sonny Corleone. I need know what happen to Barzin? Also, what happened to my drugs and money?” Vito snapped.

“Mr. Genovese, I will talk with Sollozzo and make him an offer he can’t refuse.” Hyman responded.

“Good! I want this mess cleaned up.”

“Consider it done. I will get some people on it right away”

The two men then proceeded to converse about other family business.


A week after his meeting with Vito Genovese, Hyman Roth entered the Metropolitan Correctional Center to speak with his client Virgil Sollozzo. The meeting was held in the prisoner/attorney conference room.

“Good morning Virgil, how are you being treated so far?”

“Good morning Mr. Roth, so far so good.”

“Glad to hear that Virgil. We need to discuss your case. They have you up on some very serious charges. I will do my best to either to get them dismissed or at least reduced.”

“Thank you, Mr. Roth I appreciate all that you are doing for me.”

“Virgil, I am not doing anything for you. It’s Mr. Genovese that you need to thank. He’s the person who’s paying my bill.”

“Yes sir, I will personally thank Mr. Genovese as soon as this is over.”

“Virgil there’s a way you can thank Mr. Genovese. There is a little matter of his missing money and product. The small amount of product found at her farmhouse and on Sonny when they found his body. Plus, the money that Sonny had in a briefcase doesn’t add up to the amount that was missing. Mr. Genovese would consider it a tradeoff for my services if his missing items were returned to him.”

“Mr. Roth, I don’t know what you’re talking about, I don’t have any of Mr. Genovese stuff.”

“Virgil things could get a lot tougher for you in here if you don’t cooperate.”

Virgil was starting to sweat. He had the drugs and money stashed in a warehouse that he had leased. Virgil had found out there was a hidden vault in the wall of the warehouse. It’s very hard to find, unless you know exactly where to look and how to activate the switch. Virgil thought all this time that the money and drugs belong to Barzin. Virgil had no idea that Barzin was part of the Luciano family and worked for Mr. Genovese.

“Mr. Roth, I work at a grocery warehouse under Mr. Barzin, who has some ownership in it. I am just an errand boy for him. It was Mr. Barzin who ran the show. Why don’t you ask him about the missing product and cash?” Virgil whined.

“Come, come now we both know that Barzin is missing and so are three of his key staff members. They are probably dead. Right Virgil?”

“I had nothing to do with Barzin or his staff missing or dead. Nobody can pin anything on me!”

“Well Virgil why don’t you think about this matter. I am due in court in an hour. I will return next week around this time.” Hyman said.


Kay stood at the construction site of her new restaurant. Kay had Tom take care of the will. Tom contacted her and he went over the stipulations of the will. He found a clause that stated, Kay would collect the money if anything happened to Connie before her twenty fifth birthday. With the judgement debts paid off, the money Kay received from the insurance and Connie’s inheritance, she put toward rebuilding her restaurant. She sold the farmhouse and bought a small two bedroom house on the outskirts of the city not far from where she used to live and a short distance to her newly rebuilt restaurant. She never questioned Tom about Luca, but she thought about him all the time.

“Kay, you look great and everything seems to be going well toward the rebuild.” Tom said

“Thank you and yes, it is. I never can thank you enough for all you have done for me.” She smiled at Tom.

“It’s been a pleasure Kay. I am just so sorry things turned out the way they did.”

“I should have known Connie was only using me. But I wanted to believe she needed me.”

“I meant with Luca.”

Kay was quiet for a few seconds. “He’s gone. Isn’t he?”

“Tom drew in a deep breath. I believe he needs to sort things out. He does love you.”

Kay turned and looked at Tom. “I love him with all my heart. But I know he is unsure about himself. I know he loves me.” She turned back around. “Sometimes I feel he’s watching me.” She chuckled. “It’s hard to believe a man as big as Luca can stay hidden when he wants to be.”

“Give him time Kay.”

“I do see Sal and Peter. They stop by to see how things are going.”

“I need to ask.”

“What’s that?”

“When Luca said yellow, you dropped to the ground and Paulie grabbed Virgil’s gun. How did you know?”

Kay smiled remembering the first time she heard the code word.

“Luca and I went over some code words at the safe house. Blue was all clear, Red was for danger and Yellow was for caution and or be prepared. I didn’t notice Paulie anywhere, so I figured he was sneaking up on Virgil. So, I just figured I needed to get out of the way. When Luca said code yellow, I figured something was about to happen, so I dropped to the ground.”

“Ah...”

“Can you tell me anything about Luca?”

“Well as you are aware, he was in the service, they all were. They formed a group that did special tasks for the army. Luca is a weapons expert. His specialty was knives and rifles.”

Kay laughed. “I saw them throwing knifes at each other’s feet. I thought it was childish.”

“It’s some sort of a game they call chicken.” Tom shook his head.

“What else?”

“He has never been in love before as far as I know. I don’t think he knows how to deal with his emotions.”

“He was afraid of me being unhappy.”

“He knew you had a rough life. He thinks he isn’t good enough for you.”

“I know. I wish he would understand he is the best thing that has happened to me.” she said as tears filled her eyes.

“Time, Kay, time.”

Kay wiped her eyes. “Yeah, time.” She turned her attention back to the construction. “I can’t wait until it’s done.”

“It will be grand day Kay when it’s done.” Tom smiled.

“Thank you, Tom.”

Tom nodded. He gave Kay a hug and walked away. Kay drew in a deep breath. She got a strange feeling. She looked around but didn’t see anything out of place. She shook her head and went to talk with the contractor working on her restaurant.


Hyman Roth waited an extra week before going back to the Metropolitan Correctional Center to speak with his client Virgil Sollozzo. The meeting again was held in the prisoner/attorney conference room.

“Good morning Virgil, how are you being treated?”

“Good morning Mr. Roth, since you have last been here, I have been getting assaulted at least every other day.”

“Oh, I am sorry to hear that. Are you ok?”

“They worked me over pretty good and I hurt all over.”

“About the topic that we were discussing a couple of weeks ago. Have you given it some thought?”

Virgil gave it considerable thought over the past few weeks and concluded that they did not know what happen to Barzin.

“Mr. Roth, if you could only locate Barzin, I believe that all this could be resolved.”

“Why is that Virgil?”

“It might be a good chance that Barzin took the product and cash and disappeared from sight.”

“Really Virgil you must think that we’re stupid or something! We know that Sonny met with Barzin, and that something happened to Barzin, we are not sure what it was that transpired between them. We know that Sonny took out Barzin’s secretary and bodyguards. We know that you helped Sonny dispose of the bodies in that blast furnace at the factory. You two did a poor job covering your tracks. Plenty of people saw the two of you with the bodies. We found a tape player in Barzin’s office that recorded yours and Sonny’s conversation. Need I go on.” Hyman said.

Virgil in desperation cook up a wild story. He told Hyman that the money and drugs were all in Kay’s farmhouse basement. Luca and his team must have discovered it and kept it for themselves. They left just enough to incriminate Sonny.


The next day, Hyman Roth entered the office of Vito Genovese and proceeded to tell him Virgil Sollozzo’s story. The two men discussed the information.

“Do you think that this Sollozzo is telling the truth?” Vito asked.

“I don’t know Mr. Genovese; Virgil is a good story teller.” Hyman replied.

“We need to get to the bottom of this. We know that Barzin is dead and gone. We know that Sollozzo assumed his name and took the money and drugs. Now just what the hell did he do with them.” Genovese’s ranted.

“My best guess is Virgil was spinning a story and he stashed the money and drugs. I don’t believe for one moment that the team working for Kay Corleone took the stuff. They are some concern of mine, that they may cause us some problems down the road. They are a group of ex-army guys and they are good at what they do. Right now, my advice is to work on Virgil, but carefully! We don’t want him expiring before we get the location where he stashed the money and drugs.”

“Ok, keep on it and keep me informed.”

“One more thing, Bruno Tattaglia approached me yesterday afternoon; asking if we might have any business for him to do.” Hyman said.

“I thought he was dead.”

“That was a misrepresentation, he actuality skipped town after his brother was arrested, but he has since returned.”

“Tattaglia? Wasn’t his brother busted for drugs and doing time in prison?” Vito asked.

“Yes, Philip was his name and he was small time dealer before getting caught. Bruno’s only real value to us was as an enforcer. He has done a few successful hits for us in the past.”

“Good, bring Bruno in. He is not to be associated with the family in any manner and maybe we can put him to work. Those ex-army guys that Kay Corleone has working for her, I would like for Bruno to take care of them, starting with the big guy, what’s his name?” Vito asked.

“Luca Brasia”

“Ya, Luca Brasia, I would start with him first and then get the rest. We can’t have outsiders like them causing problems for the family.” Vito said.

“I will contact Bruno and fill him in on what you want done.” Hyman replied.

“When is the trial date for Sollozzo?”

“It is scheduled to held in two months.”

“OK, let’s have Sollozzo sit for a while. Let the muscle work over every so often to remind him that we are still thinking about him. Also, wait for a while before going to see him again. If we must, we can have the trial postponed to a new date.”

“Yes sir, I will see to it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.