War in Two Universes Book 6 - Cover

War in Two Universes Book 6

Copyright© 2019 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 7: The Planet Lopis — Capital City Fleur

The planet Lopis was similar to Porquenta and Mars, very beautiful with pale clear blue oceans. Jason saw hundreds of shuttles moving in patches of sky between billowing cumulous clouds.

Their shuttle landed on a high plateau which boasted a patchwork of farms nestled on gentle slopes between two very tall mountains.

There were buildings built into the side of the steep mountains. Jason saw many Una gracefully soaring between buildings and throughout the valley. It was a beautiful sight. They began to sink downwards on an elevator platform. Ten minutes later the shuttle door opened and a stairway formed. They were in a bright open area and a group of Una were awaiting them.

Jason and the groups walked out of the spacious shuttle after thanking the pilot, who indicated he would return to take them back to the ship in twenty-four hours.

The Una smiled and looked excited.

A grave looking Una stepped forward to greet Jason. He spoke telepathically as they had no common language and all subsequent conversations were telepathic.

“I am Jacob Peck, President of the Flock of the Una of this Universe. This is our core planet, Lopis. I welcome you Lord Kargo, friend of the Una, who enjoys the esteem of ‘The One.’ I believe it is your work that permits us to be saved and returned to our home Universe. You honor us with your presence,” said President Jacob Peck flapping his wings. “This is a delegation from our council. We would like to offer you refreshment and have you meet with the cabinet, the group with whom I consult.”

“Thank you, Mr. President, for your kind words, these are my colleagues and friends from the University and recent friends from a species called the Gromelix. We can do our introductions when we meet your cabinet. I have heard ‘The One’ is actively pursuing the necessary steps to return you to our galaxy. I hope it goes well and will be soon,” said Jason.

The president led them along a series of wide spacious well lighted shiny white passageways to a roomy comfortable eating area with several large tables. The room had a light-colored stone on the walls and was decorated with pictures of soaring Una in many scenes of the planet. Jason looked at an animated large holo-picture showing a deep canyon with thousands of Una flying to homes built into the red rocky cliffs on either side. It was a spectacular scene.

The president sat Jason, the Gromelix and his group at a table and joined them. “The remainder of the cabinet will join us here shortly. They are delayed for a few minutes by a delegation from a distant civilization. I will introduce you to our delegation and then we will eat. Subsequently we will speak together.”

Before the food and drink was delivered a waiter checked the metabolic parameters of Julia and the Gromelix and declared they could eat anything the Una ate.

Large platters of delicious smelling food were delivered to the tables. The remainder of the cabinet entered the room and the president rose and introduced them all to Jason as Razza introduced the group.

“Jason, I propose that we talk informally this afternoon and we will brief you on the situation as we understand it. We will then introduce you to the planet. We have been here for a long time and it has almost become a home. Tonight, we will provide you with a roost so you may relax and sleep,” said the President.

“Thank you very much, Mr. President, you make us most welcome,” said Jason.

The food was bland but tasty and they were all very hungry. After the meal, the president led them into a comfortable small conference facility and moved to a podium.

“We have had a request for specialist parts for your ships and engineering assistance. With your permission, we would like to supply these to you in gratitude for all that you have done for us. The technological assistance you have given us is priceless and gives us hope that we can survive,” said Peck. “We have received several ships with engines made by and designed by Porquenta which can travel between Universes. Our people together with the Collective and Coven are building engines on Porquenta, and the Azayal will help us move.”

“Thank you very much Mr. President, I greatly appreciate the help you’re giving us,” said Jason.

“I have had some breaking news. I will introduce to all of you our director of intelligence Grefel Magoo,” said Jacob Peck as Grefel walked into the room.

Grefel Magoo was a heavily built bird with wide shoulders and a thick predator like beak. Jason noticed all the Una had delicate arms and strong looking beaks. Grefel was the most heavily built of them all. The Una faces looked humanoid but instead of hair their bodies were covered by fine feathers and their faces were surrounded by longer colorful feathers. They looked very beautiful with heads of different primary colors. They looked as though they had evolved from predatory birds but had a timid and diffident manner. Most appeared fragile and moved as though they were very light.

“Friends and colleagues, it is a great honor to have the opportunity to present some of our intelligence information to you,” said Magoo. “First I will tell you of our plans to move then I will move onto the information we have received.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.