Good Medicine - Sophomore Year
Chapter 19: Good Advice

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

September 19, 1982, McKinley, Ohio

"Mishka!" Tasha gushed when I called her on Sunday afternoon. "How are you?"

"Good. How are things in West Monroe?"

"You know nothing changes here. Church is the same. School is the same. Home is the same. And you?"

"School is about the same as last year, but I've made some new friends."

"I want to meet them! Do you think Sasha and I could visit in two weeks?"

"If your mom and dad approve, yes."

"They will, so long as I bring Sasha. She promised not to bother us if we want to be alone."

"Until she uses it for blackmail!"

"She wouldn't!"

"She's a little sister. I guarantee she'll keep that information until she needs something from you. THEN she'll remember, and you'll have to do what she wants or get in trouble with your parents!"

"And you know this because of your sister?"

"I never did anything that would get me into trouble that Liz knew about!"

"And what did you do that Liz DIDN'T know about?" Tasha teased.

"Had my hand on your wonderful breast underneath your bra!"

"Mishka!" Tasha squealed.

"I did, didn't I?"

"Yes. But please don't talk about it!"

"Why? Because it makes you think about it?"

"Yes!" she hissed. "And it makes me tingly! Please stop."

"When did you want to come visit?" I asked, deciding to have mercy on her.

"Perhaps in two weeks on Saturday?"

"That would be October 2nd," I said, looking at the calendar. "Let's plan on that."

"Good! We'll leave home around 7:30am, right after breakfast."

"Then I'll see you between 8:30am and 9:00am! I'm looking forward to it, Natalya Vasilyevna!"

We said 'goodbye', and I hung up, then went to join the gang for a game of touch football in the grassy area next to the dorm.

September 20, 1982, McKinley, Ohio

"Do you think I should have told them?" Clarissa asked on Monday afternoon as we walked back to the dorm following Western Civ.

"You mean because of Robby and Lee?"

"I just felt like a phony sitting there and not saying anything."

"Eventually, if you want to have a girlfriend, it's going to come out. Well, unless you completely hide your relationship from everyone. And I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"I wasn't planning on dating anytime soon."

"I'm not dating anyone seriously," I said with a silly grin.

Clarissa laughed, "No, you're having 'stress relief' sessions with Sandy and 'cuddling' sessions with Sophia!"

"That does have advantages, yes."

"But aren't you seeing Katy pretty much every Friday?"

"Yes, but we cooled things off because neither of us was ready to make any kind of commitment."

"And Tasha?" Clarissa asked.

"More complicated because she expects us to be married not long after she graduates."

"Would you want to marry her?"

"This was the kind of thing I was hoping to avoid worrying about for a few years."

"Aren't you leading her on?"

"I'm not sure there's anything I could do except tell her I never, ever want to see her again that would change her belief. She knows I'm seeing other girls but sees them as weak competition."

Clarissa laughed softly, "She's seventeen?"

"She felt they were weak competition from the minute I first asked her out! She's a very determined, self-confident Russian woman! You'll see when you meet her in two weeks."

"How are you going to handle THAT?"

"What? She and Angie have met, and Tasha isn't staying the night. In fact, her little sister, who's fifteen, has to be with us at all times."

"That kind of puts the damper on things, doesn't it?"

"Which is exactly why her mom and dad insist on it."

"So, back to my question..."

"I guess it depends on whether you want people to know at this point."

Clarissa sighed, "What I want is someone to cuddle with, but I don't want the hassle."

"I'm not quite sure how to resolve that contradiction," I said.

"Neither am I."

We arrived back at the dorms, and Clarissa dropped her books in her room, then joined me in mine. She sat down on the couch next to me and sighed. I considered what to do and put my arm around her shoulder and gave her a 'sideways' hug, then moved my arm again.

"Thanks," she said. "I'm glad you're my friend."

"And I'm glad you're mine. I wish I could help you, but I have the wrong anatomy!"

Clarissa laughed, "True! But I sure don't mind the occasional hug. The girls hug all the time, and nobody says anything. It's not the same for Robby and Lee, obviously."

"No. They'd risk being beaten up or worse. When you need a hug, just let me know."

"You seemed to know just now, and it was perfect."

Sandy, Angie, and Sophia came in just then, and Robby and Lee arrived a couple of minutes later. Our little group was gelling very nicely, though I wished Jason and Pete had more time to hang out, but they spent a lot of 'close, personal time' with Fran and Tracy.

"Yo! White Boy!" Clark called out when he came in. "Did you see the message from the sweet young thing?"

"No. Which one?"

"The sweet young thing with the cracker for a dad."

"I didn't check the message pad when I came back."

"She asked you to call her. If you don't, I will!"

I chuckled, "Got a death wish now?"

"Who's going to tell her dad?"

"I meant Amy!" I grinned.

Everyone else laughed, and Clark went into his room. He was back out a minute later and sat down on the couch with Angie, Clarissa, and me.

"Did she say what she wanted?" I asked.

"Besides a good dose of Clark? No."

Everyone laughed again.

"How are classes going, Clark?" Sophia asked.

"Econ and stats are my life. I'd much rather spend my time doing math than those lab reports you guys do!"

"Those suck!" Fran declared, coming to the door. "Have any of you seen Jason?"

We all shook our heads.

"He should be with Pete," Clarissa said. "They have computer science when Mike and I have Western Civ."

"Maybe they went to the computer lab," Angie said. "Kelly, my roommate, goes to the lab right after class. I didn't see her when I came back from class, and she's usually back first because the science building is closer than the Humanities Building."

"Now there's a place you'll never catch me dead!" I declared. "Come in and sit if you want."

Fran sat on the end of the couch next to Sophia.

"You should consider at least taking the basic course," Clark countered. "Even if you never, ever need to program a computer, you'll learn a lot about how they work. I bet a few years from now, computers are really going to start taking off in medicine, even if it's just to keep medical records. We're using them in stats and econ to do calculations with spreadsheets that would take forever even with a calculator."

"I'm trying to reduce stress!" I protested. "I HATE those infernal machines! I was so frustrated in the course in High School."

"Things have changed a bit in the last couple of years. There are lots of programs that can be very useful. Seriously, Mike. At least take one class so you aren't completely clueless. Heck, you could use a program called Electric Pencil on the TRS-80s they have in the lab to write your lab reports. Think about being able to make corrections and then print it out when you're ready."

"I think we might want to consider that," Clarissa said. "What do you think, Fran?"

"I'm game. Our school didn't have any, but I think Clark might be right."

"That might be the first time I've ever heard anyone say 'right' and 'Clark' in the same sentence!" Sophia teased, causing everyone to laugh.

"You got THAT right, Sophia!" Amy laughed, coming into the room and sitting on Clark's lap.

"You know, there are plenty of other girls around here!" he said.

"Who do what I do for you, honey?" she smirked.

I couldn't say so, but I was pretty sure there WERE other girls who did for Clark, whatever it was Amy was implying. He'd 'entertained' several girls since the start of the school year, and I wasn't sure if Amy knew about them or not. But that was their business, not mine.

"I don't think we need the answer to THAT question," Robby laughed.

"So, what do you think, Mike? Computer elective next Fall?"

"I guess," I sighed.

Pete and Jason showed up a few minutes later, and they had, indeed, gone to the computer lab to finish an assignment. The rest of the gang assembled soon after, and we all headed to the cafeteria for dinner.

After dinner, when the study groups gathered, I took a few minutes to call Emmy.

"What's up?" I asked when she answered.

"I wondered if it would be OK to come visit? You know, just to talk and hang out."

"What about your dad?"

"He and Mom are going away for the weekend. I thought maybe I could come up on Saturday. I could bring Liz if she wanted to come."

"If it's cool with my parents and you're sure you won't get in trouble, then sure, come hang out with us."

"Awesome! Thanks, Mike! See you Saturday!"

"Just you and Liz, Emmy. Please don't bring Mindy."

Emmy laughed, "OK. I'm sure Liz will be OK with that. She's STILL pissed at Mindy for coming into your room that night!"

"I wasn't exactly happy, either. See you Saturday!"

We said 'goodbye' and hung up, and I went to join the study group.

September 23, 1982, McKinley, Ohio

"Hi, Mike!" Milena called out from the piano when I walked into the room for my lesson on Thursday.

"Hi!" I replied, setting down my guitar case and my satchel with my sheet music.

"Mom had to cancel at the last minute. She suggested we play together for an hour instead. Want to play with me?"

I decided to play along, at least a bit.

"So you want me to finger you?" I asked with a silly grin. "Is that it?"

"I bet you could play me like a piano!"

"And you could play me like a flute?"

Milena laughed, "Nice! So, UP for it?"

"I think we should stick to piano and guitar," I said. "We might get in serious trouble fooling around in here."

Milena nodded and sighed, "More than you realize."

"Oh?"

"Mom's at a disciplinary hearing right now. Her top violin student is going to be expelled."

"Expelled? Why?"

"Banging the dean's thirteen-year-old daughter when he was supposed to be teaching her violin is NOT a good life plan, Animal House notwithstanding."

"Holy crap! I take it the hearing is just a formality?"

"Pretty much. They have to report it to the cops, too. I'm not sure he realizes that."

"Twenty years, easy," I said.

Milena nodded, "I agree. If she had been fifteen, they probably just would bust him for statutory and give him a couple of years, if not just probation. He'd still have been expelled, of course. But thirteen? They'll throw the book at him."

"I know what the law says, but was she a willing victim?"

Milena laughed, "Willing AND enthusiastic, according to his statement. I'm not surprised, really. I was thirteen, though it was the day before I turned fourteen. She did it ON her thirteenth birthday. And my guy was fifteen, not twenty-three. A BIG difference."

Shades of Liz and Paul, but I couldn't really say that out loud.

"Well, shall we play and sing?" I asked instead.

"Sure I can't talk you into fingering ME instead of the guitar strings?"

"I'm flattered, but no."

"Then let's get started."

"Which dean, if I'm allowed to ask."

Milena laughed hard, "Parker. Serves her right, too, for all the trouble she's caused!"

"You don't like her politics?"

"Not even close. I don't need anyone giving me special chances because I'm female. I just have to be better than the guys. Fortunately, that's not difficult!"

I laughed and took out my guitar and sheet music, and we began playing. We worked together for about forty-five minutes before her mom arrived.

"Hi, Doctor Blahnik," I said.

"Hi, Mike."

"How did it go, Mom?" Milena asked.

"Just as we expected. They expelled him and had a police officer waiting to arrest him when he left the hearing room. Such a waste of fantastic talent."

"And really dumb," Milena said. "What did Dean Parker say?"

"I got an earful from her about male students, just as I expected."

"But Stacey basically attacked him! She even said so! Heck, I knew she was hot for him when she started her lessons a year ago!"

"It doesn't matter from a legal standpoint or from the school rules, and Dean Parker refused to accept that her 'precious angel' did anything wrong. Mike, I know she was gunning for you, so just lay low."

"I avoid her like the plague," I countered. "Doctor Norris said she's still after his Honors Program, but that's not aimed at me personally."

"She's going to make a political issue of this, though I'm not sure which route she's going to go."

"Wonderful."

"How did your practice session go?"

I shrugged, "OK, I guess. Milena?"

She smirked, "He wouldn't play with ME, so we played piano and guitar. He's doing very well in that regard. The other? I don't have any way to judge!"

Doctor Blahnik laughed, "Ignore her, Mike; she's been like that since she was a teenager! And, Milena, that's probably one thing Dean Parker is going to try to crack down on. You're a graduate student and a TA, and Mike's an undergrad."

"Fuck her!" Milena growled. "It's none of her business who I fool around with!"

"She's going to make it her business," Doctor Blahnik said. "You know we put the faculty/student rules in place two years ago, which said students couldn't date professors who had any educational relationship. Now, because of Alan, she'll get the rules changed again. You know we barely fended off her attempt to change the sexual assault rules to presume guilt rather than innocence."

"You know what she needs?" Milena asked. "A good hard fucking by John Holmes!"

Doctor Blahnik laughed, "Milena..."

I obviously looked confused because I was.

"A porn star," Milena smirked. "He was in a movie called Insatiable a couple of years ago and has a twelve-inch penis. And it's almost as big around as a Coke can!"

I knew I was big, but THAT seemed impossible.

"No way!" I chuckled. "It HAS to be camera tricks. In anatomy, they said the average size is between five and six inches!"

"It's no trick, Mike," Doctor Blahnik laughed. "Ask Doctor Curtis when you take your anatomy class. There are extremes!"

I shook my head, "Unreal."

"Never seen a pornographic movie?" Milena asked.

"No. And I'm not sure I'd want to."

"Well, forget about that. Would you play your practice pieces for me before you leave?" Doctor Blahnik asked. "I won't charge you for today's lesson, obviously."

I played the pieces and accepted her critique, then packed up my guitar and sheet music. Milena followed me out of the classroom.

"So?" she smirked.

"What?" I asked.

"How big is YOURS?" she teased.

I chuckled, "«Это государственная тайна, товарищ» (Eto gosudarstvennaya tayna, tovarishch)!" ("It's a state secret, Comrade!")

"«Ты говоришь по-русски?» (Ty govorish po-russki)" ("You speak Russian?")

"I guess you do, too," I answered in English. "My mom is Russian, and I attend a Russian church. Where did you learn?"

"Growing up in Czechoslovakia, it was the best option for a foreign language besides English."

"That makes sense, given the situation in Eastern Europe."

"So?" she asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Milena..." I sighed. "I like you a lot. But this isn't going to happen. And your mom just gave us a good reason not to, even if I decided to take you up on it."

"I'm guessing you weren't in band or drama in High School."

"No, why?"

"Everyone fools around with everyone else. I had a LOT of fun in High School!"

"I bet!" I laughed. "My High School experience was pretty tame."

"And your college experience?"

"I'm not complaining."

"See you next week? And at the Halloween party?"

"Absolutely."

She smiled and turned around when I went out the door of the building to head back to the dorm.

September 25, 1982, McKinley, Ohio

"Do you have some time to talk privately?" Liz asked when she and Emmy arrived on Saturday morning.

"It's cool, Mike," Clark smirked. "I'll entertain Emmy while you two talk!"

I rolled my eyes, took Liz's hand, and led her to my bedroom. I shut the door, and we sat cross-legged, facing each other on my bed.

"I can tell that nut, Doctor Orosco, you took me to your bed!" Liz laughed.

"Please don't even joke about that," I said, shaking my head at the very distasteful memories.

"Sorry. I could never convince her just how gross I thought it was to even THINK about, let alone do."

"Well, forget that «сука» (suka)! What's up?" ("bitch")

"I want to see Paul," she sighed.

"That's probably the worst idea I've heard in a long time."

"I still love him, Mike. I loved him from the start, and I never stopped."

"I'm not sure you COULD see him. You aren't his daughter, and I suspect you have to be eighteen to visit someone in prison if they aren't a relative. Not to mention, I don't think they would let a victim visit in this situation."

"You won't help me?"

"I'm not sure how I could help you," I said. "And if I did, Mom and Dad would kill me. And I think it's a really, really bad idea. He's in prison for nearly three more years. You'll be eighteen then, and I guess if you really wanted to see him, you could."

"I want to write him, but I need someplace for him to send a reply. I can't use our address or my friends because their parents would tell Mom and Dad. Could he send a reply here?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.