The Food Desert - Cover

The Food Desert

Copyright© 2019 by qhml1

Chapter 4

The girl I was dating turned out not to be the one. We were great in bed and got along pretty well, but neither of us was what the other was looking for. In the end, we parted on good terms.

I dated from time to time, but still hadn’t found the one. Kara remarried, and it crashed and burned in eighteen months. Cheating was rumored to be involved, but nobody knew who cheated on the other.

Two years later she married again, and two years after that, she was single again. I didn’t hear much about her by then, so I couldn’t say why and really didn’t care enough to find out.

Apparently, the divorces had left her a woman of independent means and she went back to school, getting certified as a CPA, and went into real estate, a small office that handled high end properties, her listings coming from contacts she made while being married to her different spouses.

Her business flourished and she opened another branch, then another, until she had four offices. Between the second and third office she married again.

My cousin had told me about it on a trip home. I had gotten so involved in the new business I had to give up farming and had turned my acreage over to him, just to keep the farm viable.

This was the first time I had seen Kara in all those years, but I noticed she found a way to comment on my success. Maybe all those marriages made her even more mercenary.

So then, what was making me so successful?

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.