Looking Forward - Cover

Looking Forward

Copyright© 2019 by Col. Jack Harrison

Chapter 1

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Inspired by the works of Washington Irving, Al Steiner, and Edward Bellamy, this is a story about Nick Radescu, a man who wakes up in the year 2156, after being comatose since 2019. The future is nothing like he expected.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Science Fiction   Interracial   White Male   Hispanic Female   Oral Sex   Pregnancy  

“Easy there, Mr. Ganz. Don’t try to get up quite so fast. You’ve been out of it for quite a while now. Tell me, how many fingers do you see?” I heard a voice in my rather groggy state, as I began to stand up in my hospital bed.

“What did you call me?” I asked, clearing my head and looking around the room, my eyes adjusting to the light again after such a long period of darkness.

“You’re ... Bruno Ganz, right? I’m Doctor Varro Phelps. This is your nurse, April Estrada. You’ve had other nurses, too, of course, but most of them haven’t been as focused on you as she has. She removed your catheter, which is why the pain and discomfort should fade in time. Try not to get too excited just yet. It could get very sore down there. Try not to sit up quite so fast, either. Your muscles have atrophied a bit and your limbs still need to stretch. You could feel some cramps,” the physician explained to me, the scrubs making it clear that he was indeed an MD.

“Well ... that’s not my real name, but it’s an honor to be linked to him, however that might have happened. Great actor, you know. Few people played Hitler as well as him. Evil tyrants are a tough role to portray. My real name is Nick ... Radescu. Short for Nicolae, of course. Proper Romanian name, you know,” I chuckled despite the soreness of my body from however long I was out of commission.

“Well, nice to meet you ... Nicolae. Sorry about the confusion. You talked in your comatose state and the only name that came out was ‘Bruno Ganz,’ so we assumed that this was you. So, he was an actor, from your time, back in the early 21st century? Talk about a living time capsule, that you really are!” the nurse spoke up at last, charming me with her curiosity and talkative ways.

“Yes ... he was that. Wait, what do you mean, ‘my time,’ and ‘back in the early 21st century?’ It’s still 2019, right? Is this some kind of weird prank that you pull on newly awakened coma patients? What, do you really think that I’m gonna fall for that ‘Rip Van Winkle’ crap? Give me a break! You’re pretty, both of you, but you can’t be too smart if you’re trying that stunt on me,” I groaned, not impressed with their idea of a “wake-up” gag.

“Um ... sir, this is no joke. You’ve been comatose for a century. More than that, in fact. This is the year 2156. We’ve had to continually work your muscles and supply you with protein and other nutrients and supplements, as well as more advanced medical science and technology, in order to prevent radical muscular atrophy, but there are limits to our power. You’ll need a steady diet and regimen of physical fitness at your age. I’m guessing that you’re drawing closer to two centuries old. In what year were you born, sir? We lack sufficient data on you, as your DNA profile seems to be without a clear match in our records. The same with your fingerprints for some odd reason,” Dr. Phelps resumed his briefing, much to my shock.

“In this modern era, you don’t have enough data on me? What the hell happened? Yet you have enough modern medical tech to keep me alive for nearly two centuries, when everyone that I know and love is dead? Priorities, I guess. You kept a stranger alive for this long? Without medical insurance? How the hell did that happen? That’s expensive as fuck! I dread my hospital bill for this, I can tell you that. I doubt that I still have a job now, after all,” I reacted with shock.

“What’s ‘medical insurance,’ sir?” Dr. Phelps asked me, being genuinely confused now.

“You know, the service that you buy, you pay premiums every month, and they cover the expense of hospital stays, doctor visits, etc. There are high deductibles and co-pays, but it’s better than being uninsured and not getting treatment or a regular physical when you need one. They try to encourage preventive care, or so they say, but they sometimes charge more for specialists and such, and it does make prevention harder than it needs to be. At least the government now forces them to cover you in spite of pre-existing conditions, the last time I checked, anyway,” I recalled the gist of how health insurance worked, and it absolutely confused both of them.

“I don’t know what you mean at all. This is a bizarre concept, to even consider the cost of a procedure or a visit when being treated for medical issues. That’s not how medicine is done at all these days. You go in, you get treated as you need to be, you get prescribed whatever you need, you go to the pharmacist, you pick up your medicines, or else you have them deliver said pharmaceuticals, you take them as prescribed, and your condition is treated or even cured. No one thinks of cost, sir,” April explained to me now, completely flooring me with this news.

“So ... who pays for all of this? The government? For that matter, what government? Is there a government? Someone must pay for all of this ... it can’t be cheap. Who pays your salary, after all?” I began racking my brain as I adapted to this brave new world around me ... finally noticing that April filled out her scrubs very nicely.

“Like what you see? Maybe when you’re recovered, we can do something about that, eh?” April winked at me, even as she let Dr. Phelps put his arm around her waist.

“Wow, things really were a lot different back in your day, weren’t they?” Dr. Phelps reacted, “by the way, when you’re released, don’t be so formal. She’s April. I’m Varro. We call each other that all the time, as good friends do. She’s downright friendly, to say the least.”

“Thank you, babe. You’re not so bad yourself. Thanks for last night, too. You were terrific, vato!” April told the doctor, caressing his groin with no sign or hint of embarrassment.

“Woah ... that kind of stuff, that doesn’t cause HR headaches, you don’t worry about lawsuits, complaints, etc.?” I shook my head, genuinely thrown by the frisky behavior that would have made a personnel officer dizzy back in my day.

“Boy, do you have some culture shock to absorb, honey. You’ll see, soon enough. Why would it cause problems? And what’s HR?” April laughed, even as she ran her tongue along my face.

“Am I clean enough for that?” I worried now.

“Sure you are. I sponge you down every day and have for years now. Glad to finally get to talk to the mystery man, even if you’re disoriented and a bit dazed and thrown by everything. So, when you’re up and at it, remind me to fuck you good and hard. Varro loves it the way I screw him, so I think that you’re in for a treat,” April winked at me, caressing my face in a way that caused my dick to painfully respond to her touch.

“Yeah, she’s sweet in the sack, trust me on that,” Dr. Phelps confirmed what she said.

“Wow ... for a second, I thought that she was your girlfriend as well as your colleague, which would definitely cause legal woes in my time. HR stands for ‘human resources,’ by the way. I’m surprised that professionals in this day and age don’t know this. What do you do if somebody accuses you of sexual harassment? Is that no longer common? In my generation, the whole #MeToo movement would jump down people’s throats, sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly, for things like that,” I observed, furthering puzzling the apparently mystified hospital staff.

“I have heard of this movement, it’s in the annals, of course, but it still seems so bizarre. People really seemed to conflate real problems with minor, petty issues a lot. To be honest, though, professional life is a lot less hectic thanks to the Plan. Nobody’s poor anymore, no one has to fear being thrown out of work and onto the street. You receive your credits, you have your housing, and you have public health care. Many people have never worked on a payroll one day in their lives.

“It’s okay, though. They volunteer for various programs and services, act as caregivers for children, the disabled, or the elderly, clean up trash, take up hobbies, paint, sing, drink, argue, do whatever occurs to them. People just aren’t as ambitious for wealth and power like they used to be, though there are plenty who have careers. Many of us chose our fields for the love of our work, not to enrich ourselves, since it didn’t cost us a single credit under the Plan, nor do we get rich from it,” Varro elaborated a bit.

“So ... you literally just practice medicine because you enjoy it? No great pay-off, no great cost, no student loans, etc. Wow ... that’s amazing!” I tried to wrap my head around the concept of people just doing whatever they loved, with money no longer an object.

“Of course. Yeah, I know, in your time, things were a lot more ... what’s the word ... capitalistic, right? Our society is a bit different from that. Everyone draws an income from the Plan, along with a housing allowance, everyone has public health care, public education, and other basic public services. In return, well, the expectation is that we will live our lives peacefully, look out for each other, help each other out as necessary, do something to better society and our community, that kind of thing, but also pursue our dreams, whether it’s running a shop or sponging down comatose patients that have been kept alive for close to two centuries,” April filled in some of the gaps in my knowledge, getting handsy with both of us guys.

“And ... who ... pays for all of this? How is it covered? Financially and all that jazz. It’s hard to fathom that this would be ... workable without some kind of tax or fee or something like that. Who runs the government? The Plan? Etc. How is it managed? I’m just very confused here,” I probed a bit more, being truly awestruck at the idea of a civilization where people didn’t have to worry about how to pay bills or something.

“The Plan draws from the natural resources of the planet, which is managed by the Stewards. Each Steward receives a stipend, they help administer the Plan and supervise the management of all resources, preserve a proper balance or harmony, maintain the ecosystem, that kind of thing. All credits are backed by the planetary resources and divided equally among all citizens, regardless of origins. No one is rich or poor, except that the Stewards receive their stipends and various people profit from whatever cottage industries or shops they might maintain.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.