Cold Days and Lonely Nights - Cover

Cold Days and Lonely Nights

Copyright© 2019 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 22

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 22 - A husband gives his all to save his wife but he is betrayed in the end.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa  

She was laying by my side and breathing heavy. We couldn’t do the big thing, but everything else was on the table to gobble up and we gobbled.

“That was good,” said Rhonda.

“Me too,” I said, also breathing hard.

“Me and your ex are getting along pretty good. You know?” she said.

“I’ve noticed,” I said. “I’m glad about that. There was a point at which...” I started.

“Yeah, I know, at which it would have been doubtful,” she said.

“Yes,” I said.

“The wedding was nice. Your husband-in-law put on a good affair. I was surprised that you let him,” she said.

“Husband-in-law? There’s no such thing,” I said.

“There is now; I invented it,” she said.

“Hmm,” I said. “So, what does that make my ex, my wife-in-law?” I said, and I laughed.

“Yeah, I guess,” she said. “I think she kinda sees herself that way, in that role.”

“I still love the woman, Rhonda, but not like you, not close to how I love you,” I said.

“Right thing to say,” she said. “Jack, you need to let her off the hook. She needs to be close to you but free of you; and yes, I know that makes no sense; but to me it does.”

“You’re right, you make no sense,” I said. She smiled.

“Your married. She’s married. You love your respective spouses: me and Herbert. She owes you, and as she’s said numerous times; she can never pay you back, never! But she can appreciate you like no one else, even more than her husband; but you have to let her, not punish her for the rest of your respective lives. And, darling dearest, you are punishing her! I am certain that she cries over you and her crimes against you often. Soften your position, Mister, and soon. If only because you are driving me nuts! Okay?” said Rhonda.

“You? I mean you?” I said.

“Yes,” she said. “I need you to be kinder, not just tolerant, but kind to her. Okay?” I sagged back on the sheets.

Was my new wife right? She was making a good case. I had some thinking to do. I thought that Stephanie and I had been doing good. But evidently others did not see it my way. Sure as heck my wife didn’t, and she is the one I talked to every day and every night.


The old man answered the doorbell. “Come in, I guess,” said Juan Reyes. Leah Mayfield did so. “Bruce is out back,” he said.

“Thank you,” said Leah. She headed for the patio in the backyard.

There was no man standing guard this time. She’d been coming often enough that the old man trusted that she wouldn’t do anything objectionable. Then the hour was up, and she and her son said their goodbyes.

Back in the house, Christina and Juan Reyes met with the woman.

“We know that Frank was a bad man, Leah, but he was our son, and...” said Christina.

“I understand. But I had no choice. He came near to killing me, and that more than once,” the older woman nodded.

“So where is your husband, mister Mayfield, not Danson?” said Juan.

“He’s dead, so I was told,” said Leah. “Got in with the wrong crowd.” The couple nodded in unison.

“We thought he was straight arrow,” said Juan.

“Yes, well, so did I. We had a child together and then he disappeared, and then I heard from a common friend that, well...” said Leah.

“How are you doing now?” said Christina.

“Okay, I’ve got a job and a place to live. Me and my baby are okay,” she said.

“We got a visit from a mister Carlton recently,”

“Red Carlton?” said Leah.

“Yes,” said Juan. “If you want to come more often, that would be all right. Just call first to make sure we’re going to be here.”

“Oh, well thank you very much,” said Leah. “Could I bring my new son?”

“Yes, that will be no problem,” said Christina.

The trio talked a little longer then Leah Mayfield had to get back. The sitter cost money. She made a promise to herself to call and thank her ex-husband, Jack Danson. It had to have been him that got Red Carlton involved. She’d really screwed up not sticking with that man. Oh yeah!


The Halsteads had invited the Dansons over for dinner. It had been Stephanie’s idea That because she had an idea. Oh yeah, a big ass idea! And it, the idea, had to work; it just had to.

“Jack, Rhonda,” said Herbert. “Good to see you.” I wheeled Rhonda inside the receiving room and the conversations were on.

“How is Junior doing?” I said.

“Good,” said Herbert. “Straight A’s at the college. You need to get down there to see him.”

“Okay, I will,” I said. I saw Rhonda gabbing with Stephanie and Barbie and Randall in the dining hall, which was down the hall. They looked serious. It occurred to me to wonder if Randall knew the big thing. Last I’d heard he didn’t. I’d gone pensive. Herbert noticed and decided to short shank me.

“I don’t think he does, Jack, but that’s Barbie’s business. I’m staying the hell out of it, so is Stephanie,” he said. I snickered.

“You’re fairly observant tonight,” I said.

“Well it is what I do,” he said, “observe.”

“Yes, I guess that’s so,” I said.

“Well, I guess we should join the crew,” he said. “I know they’ve been conspiring all day. And no, I don’t know about what.”

“Hmm. But you suspect; I’m damn sure about that,” I said.

“I hear no, see no, speak no suspectness,” he said. I had to laugh, so I did.


Dinner over with people meandering here and there and well, everywhere. I saw Barbie and Stephanie wheeling my woman outside onto the patio. I wondered about that but was not concerned. I should have been. Oh Yeah!

“You said that there had been some conspiring here today,” I said.

“Yes, well mainly between Barbie and Stephanie. But really, I have no clue as to what; and, I’m smart enough to not want to know what,” he said. he was smiling which for sure belied the significance of whatever the conspiracy entailed.

And then it was a week later, and we were at—of all the darn places—the Lighthouse.


I didn’t even have to ask if she was on duty. Rhonda informed me that she was. Oh joy!

I felt like Custer at the Little Big Horn: outnumbered, surrounded, and definitely outgunned! Rhonda, Barbie, Valerie, Stephanie, Melanie, and freakin’ Mickey—and Mickey carried! Oh, and me.

“Okay, I’m the only guy. What’s going on?” I said. “Oh, and I surrender!” I got a universal giggle out of that one.

“No need to surrender on my account,” said Red, pulling up a char right at that moment.

“What the...” I started.

“You can surrender later,” he said.

“Barbie, what’s going on?” I said. Even Stephanie was being quiet now. I wondered how long that was going too last.

“Honey,” said Rhonda, “we’ve got some news. Not sure if it’s good or bad, but it is kinda big. After you hear us out, or Red actually, you can surrender. Okay?” I kinda nodded, but I wasn’t sure I should have been, nodding that is, or what about. And then Leah joined us.

“Jack?” she said.

“Huh?” I said.

“Jack, Willy’s alive,” she said. Now, I leaned back into my seat. Rhonda who was next to me put her hand on my arm.

“Okay?” I said. And now I looked over at Red.

“Yes, he just hightailed it out of town when he thought that somebody would be seeing to it that he would not be alive for very long. But he eventually was able to pay off what he owed to the bookies. He’s clear with them if not with Leah. She may shoot him. That option is still on the table,” said Red, and he was sort of smiling.

“Leah, he’s an addict. He’ll just mess you up again,” I said. I’d been in prison for seventeen years; I knew what addiction did to people there was damn little doubt what it would do, was still doing, to Willy Mayfield.

“She’s proof against that,” said Red. “She will not be in control of her own money; your office will, well, Barbie will. If after a long enough period to guarantee that the man is likely past his need to gamble; well, that deal will be rethought.”

“Barbie?” I said.

“Yes, dad, the family Danson is still into saving women,” she said. I nodded.

“Red?” I said. He knew what I meant.

“I’ll monitor things,” he said.

“Okay. But Leah?” I said.

“Willy and I are still married, Jack. He’s at heart a good guy. Hell, he’s the second-best man I ever knew,” she said, and she cried.

“Okay, I guess I have to surrender,” I said.

“No, no, not quite yet,” said Stephanie. I looked over at her.

Just then Melanie coughed. “Jack this is something that all of us ladies have come up with and agree with and we aren’t giving you any choice in the matter,” she said.

“What?” Huh?” I said.

“Jack,” said Melanie. “Some of us have known you since we were kids. We left our men at home tonight, as you may have noticed because this is your night with us. Women rule, we sure as hell do tonight,” she said. “And, you will surrender, we won’t stand for anything less.”

“That’s for damn sure,” said Stephanie.

“What the hell are you talking about,” I said.

Just then the song that was playing in 1988 when Donald ruined my date with Stephanie: I Don’t Wanna Live Without You, by Chicago. Stephanie got up and came around the table to me; I was shocked.

“I believe this is our dance Mister,” she said. Rhonda was smiling and urging me to do it. Bad leg or not I rose and followed her clumsily out onto the floor. She melded herself to me, and we danced, slowly, but we danced. I think I was crying, not obviously so, but I was; I was emotional at the least of it. The song ended and there was muted applause from the table and a few others scattered around the restaurant.

Back at the table, and in our seats, Rhonda held my hand. “I knew you had to get that one back,” she said. “So did Stephanie. Okay?”

“Yes,” I said. “Yes.” I looked over at my ex-wife and nodded. She reciprocated. We’d be talking at some point, but the moment was beautiful.

It was clear to me that I was being set up, but for what I had not a clue, not yet. Then it was, clear to me that is.

Stephanie nodded to the crowd of females and they universally rose and came around to me. Barbie took up the gauntlet.

“Dad, there is something that you have refused to even discuss over these past many years. But, Dad, tonight you need to. Okay?” she said.

“Well, I don’t know. Maybe you, somebody,” and I used my good arm to indicate the female crew that surrounded me. “maybe should clue me,” I said.

Stephanie’s turn. “Jack, tonight you are going to accept fifty-million dollars and do so without any screaming and hollering. Got it, Mister!” she said. She didn’t smirk or snort or smile or anything; she just waited wordlessly for me to do what I had always done and turn her down. But this time I decided, suddenly decided, to accept her very pressurized offer, but with a major codicil. I nodded.

“Okay, sort of,” I said. There was an audible sigh from the crowd.

“Sort of?” she said.

“Yes, make the check or whatever it is out to my wife. I trust her, and she’s younger than me and more responsible,” I said. “And, I mean with no prenup, postnup, conditions of any kind. Okay?” I said.

“Uh, okay,” said Stephanie.

My declaration that I trusted Rhonda totally scored with Stephanie, and that big time. I think that most of the rest of the crew got it too, but I wasn’t totally sure about that. Red did nod his understanding. Well, he and I had talked in the past.

And then it was a week later. And then I was at the bank with Rhonda and Herbert. Stephanie was staying the hell out of it: the transfer of the big money.

The banker was seated across from us. “Okay, Mister Halstead, it’s all done,” said the banker.

“Thanks, Jesse, it’s appreciated,” said Herbert Halstead.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.