Dungeon Master - Cover

Dungeon Master

Copyright© 2019 by Shaddoth

Chapter 6: Phase II

17605 points.

First things first. When we returned, I made sure we had no visitors then gave everyone a day of freedom to do what they wanted. That included tonight and tomorrow.

I didn’t stay and get drunk with all of my fellow dungeon dwellers, even though I desperately wanted to. Having their boss there while they were partying would dampen the atmosphere.

I did have a beer and reviewed at length the Menu deciding on my next move. Early bedtime was in my best interest. A sober one at that. Not that I didn’t take a shot of good rye whisky to help me sleep.

After our mini vacation, I summoned Mage Evenglow, checked on her status and asked if she had any requests. Her response was typically. “Additional Mages to help.” After agreeing, I summoned Mage Urla Kilnsheer and two apprentices, all three female. Drawing Ally aside I mentioned that she might want to swap one of her boys for one of the Urla’s girl apprentices in the name of harmony. She scowled not wanting to give up the prestige. I casually mentioned “It’s better than having them in a pool for all the mages to teach...” She hesitated before agreeing.

“Thank you for your efforts. Because of what you did in the duels we can expand faster and you get to have a co-conspirator that much faster.” I added before sending the four too young-looking mage and mage apprentices off.

I summoned everyone else to the mess hall. “Kien, come here please.” Everyone was smiles, hoping for a reward on top of the day off. “For Valor on the battlefield, I grant Kien, Feran citizenship, to him and all his offspring in perpetuum. A gift of one hundred gold, three horses and two Battle Slaves of his choice for guardsmen are also rewarded to him.” I saluted the shocked former slave and saluted. Everyone else stood and saluted him, then cheered.

“What do you plan on doing now, Citizen Kien?”

“My Lord, I would like to become a merchant.”

“We all wish you the best and remember this will always be your home.” To more applause from the peanut gallery.

Promote slave to citizen 200 DP. Check. 100 gold for 225 points. Ouch but Check. “Choose two Battlemen now, Citizen Kien.” He chose two and the three of them sat down together off to the side, conversing quietly.

At everyone’s questioning look, “Battlemen earned the right for the name change. Keep up the good work.”

“To assist everyone here in our endeavors,” -1000 DP, Erandale Language Pack. “I gift the language of the humans.” That confused them but after it activated, I realized I understood a third language; Feran, English and now Erandale. Effort was required to get everyone’s attention after that since they all were practicing the new language, loudly and poorly. The only quiet one, was Cookie’s human ex-helper. I would talk to the girl later, but I couldn’t let her leave with tales until we were much further developed. We weren’t strong enough.

“Soldier Jessica Hornsmith stand up.” She did. “Tisk. You are out of uniform. Ladies do the honor please.” Her three ‘friends’ tackled her and stripped her to her undergarments laughing, while she struggled, not very hard.

“What are you doing out of uniform? Put this on before you disgrace yourself Sergeant.” I stepped forward and materialized a similar uniform but had steel reinforcements similar to mine instead of brass. A new steel shield and weapon were included with the outfit as well. -2000 DP.

Jessica glowed with satisfaction and appreciated the cheers and well wishes of her friends.

While she dressed, I created a second floor. An open world one. It had a sun and farmland with few trees, but no houses or barns. -5000 DP.

Next, I summoned two more Soldiers, twenty more Battlemen, as I told everyone to call them now and ten more workers. -6000 DP.

Eight of the new workers were farmers for the second level; four men and four women. I also summoned sixteen apprentices. Seven of those were also male which made everyone more than happy. Future generations. The other two workers were a blacksmith and a leather smith. The Leathersmith was another male. Both of the smiths received two apprentices, with the Blacksmith getting the only male of the new group. -1000 DP for all of the apprentices.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.