Godless and Faithless - Cover

Godless and Faithless

Copyright© 2019 by Tyrone Wilson

Chapter 1

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Two unlikely best friends, a Social Justice Warrior and Red Piller; Axel and Rayner are offered the chance to leave their dystopian society for a fantasy world. Rayner dreams of becoming a hero, Axel wants to build a harem. Instead, they arrive in a land at war. Magic, leveling up and special skills aren't enough to bring peace. They may have to do the unthinkable; change their views of the world.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Mult   Consensual   Heterosexual   GameLit   High Fantasy   Interracial   Prostitution   Violence  

Axel should have known the line in the school cafeteria would be especially long. It was the first time in weeks that they would be served organic food instead of the usual lab-grown servings. A dozen students were ahead of him and he didn’t feel like wasting the remainder of his lunchtime, opting to grab the tasteless burgers from the shorter line instead. After loading up his tray with food, he looked for his friend Rayner.

Axel saw him near the back by the window, chatting with Yazid. He did not want to deal with the eccentric teen. He just wanted to have a peaceful lunch. There was no avoiding it, sitting with anyone else was not an option. It was the price for having such a small social circle. Rayner saw Axel and waved him over.

Axel sat beside Rayner, joining them at the table. “Hey Yazid, haven’t seen you in a while.”

“That’s because I was busy investigating a truly amazing idea!” said Yazid.

“Please Yazid, just keep it to yourself,” Rayner said, pinching his eyes.

“What if we could go into a game world?” Yazid spread his hands like a magician revealing a trick.

“Virtual reality makes me sick. I can only use it for porn,” Axel said. He knew that once Yazid got going, there was no point in stopping him, maybe this might be entertaining. Something to help the horrible burger go down smoother.

“I am sure you are content with porn, but that is not what I am talking about. I mean going to another world with a game system!”

“Oh, so you got bored talking about what we would do if the zombie apocalypse broke out. Does this mean you realize that we would die within the first week, cause we’re not navy seals?”

“He is not talking about imaginary scenarios Axel; Yazid thinks he found a way to go to another world for real,” Rayner said.

Axel should have known. The three of them enjoyed talking about what they would do if the world ended, or what they would spend a genie’s three wishes on. Yazid always took it to another level, bringing graphs and data. He even paid for a poll to show that Mexico would vote for drug kingpins instead of politicians as proof that narco states are a legitimate government system.

“I am serious and I am not crazy,” Yazid said, wide dark eyes darting back and forth between him and Rayner.

“Nobody is calling you crazy,” Rayner said.

“How about you two humor me and answer my question?”

“Sounds like you are asking us to take the blue or red pill,” Axel joked.

Rayner really was thinking about it. His overly serious friend would usually chide him about his sexist red pill philosophy; instead, he stared out the window, not saying a word.

A gust of wind rocked the window, followed by thick chunks of hail; it was summer. Global cooling had hit the world hard. Crops failed, islands swallowed up by the sea, countries going to war over water rights. The world was uttering its death rattles.

That is likely what Rayner had on his mind.

Axel’s hippie parents started a failed weed business, landing them in a pile of debt, resulting in debt slavery to the mega-corporations. His parents spent 14 hours a day 7 days a week growing drugs for big pharma. Their friends branded them sellouts, and they agreed. It made them bitter. If he left to another world, they may miss him, but he would not miss the world or his parents.

Yazid interrupted their thoughts to give them another push. “This world will not get better, in fact, it’s going to get worse, and soon. As for your families; Axel, your parents would probably encourage you, and Rayner...”

Rayner didn’t get upset like he usually did at the mention of his upbringing. “I know.” Rayner’s voice was quiet, now looking away from the window.

Axel tried to change the subject. “This is depressing. Let’s talk about something else. We got homework piling up and—”

Yazid wouldn’t let up. “Do any of you actually care about school?”

Robots and AI had taken most jobs. Even if they finished school, any available work would pay little. Doctors would be lucky to assist a robot surgeon. Axel’s parents went into debt in an attempt to escape a future of meaningless work.

With his parents on his mind, Axel reconsidered Yazid’s idea. “How would this work?”

A grinning Yazid explained. “We talked about other worlds before. If you don’t remember I will give you a refresher. The basis is the multi-verse theory, different universes with different fundamental laws of nature. Our universe, like our planet, has the goldilocks conditions. Just what it needs to support life.”

Axel remembered. They were debating if aliens existed. It seemed that all their talks were building to this.

Yazid showed them several planets on his tablet. “According to this theory, many realities are possible, including a reality of an RPG world.”

“Sounds plausible. Still, I can’t see how we would get there,” Rayner said.

“I’m getting to that. All these worlds are connected through energy. Some say by dark matter but I think it’s mana. If the worlds are connected, then it means all share some traits. We just don’t notice them. Using this energy, we would evoke a ritual to summon us to that world.” Yazid saw them lose interest. Before he was talking of science, now he is going into fantasy land. “Hold on, I’m not done explaining this. Mana means nothing in this world but in their world, the ritual works, and they will summon us to them.”

“Like a marker, or sending them a signal,” Axel said.

“Exactly! So, is everything clear?”

“Sort of, it’s still all theory, it won’t hurt to try.” Axel put away his food and got up from the table. “No point in staying at school if we are going to another world. Let’s skip classes.”

“The limo is already ready and waiting outside,” Yazid said as he took out his phone to tell his driver they were coming.

The threesome sat in the roomy limo; they were heading to Yazid’s mansion for the otherworld summoning ritual. Rayner stopped by the corporate orphanage to get his things and Axel already had everything he needed in his school locker. They both left messages for those important to them, in case this actually worked.

Rayner gave Yazid’s leg a kick to get his attention away from his phone. “How did you get into this stuff? I mean, I know you’ve got money to waste time on whatever you want, but this is a little farfetched.”

Yazid put his phone to his chest to answer. “Exactly, I can do all that’s possible, so I looked into the impossible.” Yazid went back to ordering his mansion staff to get the ritual ready for them.

“What about you Axel? I still can’t believe you agreed?”

“Honestly I have nothing better to do, and besides, I noticed a distinct lack of brothers in these other world scenarios.” Axel realized his mistake too late.

“I am glad you brought that up. The lack of minority representation in the genre of fantasy is unacceptable.”

“Look man I did not mean it like that.”

Rayner continued. “Realistically the idea that even in another world or universe the social structure would still be ruled by the white male establishment is laughable.”

Axel knew he would not be able to shut him up. Rayner had gotten himself worked up. Rayner is what he called a social justice warrior. It was their second most discussed topic other than what to do if the world turned upside down. Rayner went to every protest, every club, all the donation drives for starving children at school. Axel did not know where he found the time.

He felt differently, and they fought about it often, their views on opposite ends of the spectrum. Axel believed there was no justice, society sucked, and it did not need warriors.

Axel attempted to stop Rayner’s rant. “I was just telling a joke, my delivery sucked, I was not making a larger point!”

Their conversation interested Yazid enough to end his call. “What was the joke?”

“You know how black folks run when we see something weird in the horror movies? The joke was when black guys get offered a chance to go to another world, we would take a hard pass.”

“Oh, I get it, should have thought of that before asking you, very funny,” Yazid said without laughter. “You said yes though.”

“Yes, that’s the punch line,” Axel said. That got him a chuckle from Yazid; Axel heard the driver laughing as well.

“Representation is important Axel,” Rayner said, now with a smile, taking himself a little less seriously.

“If you say so, but since you brought it up, most of these other world fantasies have slavery, portrayals of women that would make your head explode and casual murder, so why go?” Axel said.

Yazid ended his call. “I am interested as well Rayner, we often talked about what we would do and I know why both of you want to leave this world but what would you get out of it?”

“You should have asked earlier. In another world, I could make a difference. I have felt ineffective recently. Protest participation is down and so are donations. All that training for nothing,” Rayner said, eyes downcast.

Training given to him by the corporate orphanages. The government had long since given up its duty to take care of the abandoned children. They passed the responsibility onto private corporations, who then used the children as the perfect poster children. Rayner’s natural blond hair and clear blue eyes put him on many advertisements.

Axel knew it was a sore spot and lightened the mood. “I just want pussy.”

“Are you going to bring that way of speaking along with you?”

“Damn right I am,” he said, glad his crude language stopped his friend’s brooding.

As frustrating as these arguments with Rayner were, it was how they became friends, and they sort of enjoyed it.

“We’re here,” Yazid announced.

He loved going to Yazid’s mansion. It gave Axel a close up look at how the rich people lived. Compared to other mansions Yazid’s home was modest. At least compared to one mansion with neon light spelling out the homeowner’s name surrounding the house.

Yazid’s mansion had four towers at the sides of the house, reminding him of a castle. Smooth, imposing black walls surrounded the mansion, with cameras and guards for added protection.

Axel did not have time to enjoy the view of the front yard garden as the staff rushed them inside and through the house. They were led down a dark hallway heading to the basement.

Axel struggled to keep up. “Is there a time limit to this thing?”

“Yes, there is. As you said, the ritual acts as a marker, we need to synchronize the timing with the other side.”

“You already made contact with this other world? I thought this was only a theory?” Rayner said.

Yazid, along with his staff, continued hustling them toward the basement. When they arrived, they saw a magic circle drawn on the floor, the room lit by several torches along the walls. More of the mansion’s staff surrounded the magic circle, wearing hooded floor-length robes.

Axel and Rayner looked at each other. They did not like the vibe they were getting. Yazid tugged them toward the middle of the circle with surprising strength. The robed individuals began chanting.

Rayner tried to remove Yazid’s hand. “Hey give us a minute, let go of me!” Rayner was a big guy with considerable strength for a teenager and Yazid’s hand didn’t budge.

“Sorry guys, we don’t have time,” Yazid said. He signaled to his staff and the door behind them was closed, giving off a thud of finality. “Start the focus chant.”

Axel had had enough, this went beyond creepy. “Let us go Yazid!”

“I’m sorry I can’t, this would have gone smoothly if we had more time. My health is deteriorating. I will die soon, it has to be now!” Yazid pulled out a dagger.

Rayner snapped. The dagger, cult-like chanting, and creepy basement, drove him to action. He pushed Yazid away, at least he tried to. Yazid did not budge. Instead, he plunged the dagger into the heart of his friend, covering his hand in blood. Not even a gasp came from the boy’s mouth as he died.

Axel screamed, charging at the boy whom he thought of as a friend. If he was thinking properly, he would have gotten his own knife out of his bag, but the rage overtook his senses.

Yazid sidestepped him, causing Axel to stumble. It was all Yazid needed. Pushing Axel to the ground, Yazid raised the dagger over him and plunged it into his chest.

Axel should have seen It coming. All the talks about a different world. Having them get their stuff and leave goodbye messages, they even skipped class. Everyone would think they ran away. Now he was dead, sacrificed so that rich bastard could get immortality, or so he thought.

He still drew breath. Axel opened his eyes. He lay in a room—no, a cabin. Rayner sat next to a bed holding someone’s hand.

Axel got up from the floor, words rushed from his mouth. “Rayner, you’re alive! Where are we? Why are we alive? Did Yazid try to kill us?”

Instead of answering Rayner waved him over to another chair next to the bed. Sitting next to his friend, who showed no signs of getting stabbed, he looked at the person on the bed. An old man who looked to be closer to death than they were lay on the bed. He looked familiar.

“He’s Yazid,” Rayner answered Axel’s thought.

Axel took a closer look. That light in his eyes, the tar-black hair. It was him; it was Yazid.

“The hell is this?”

“I can guess. I think they’re two Yazids. One on this side summoning us and the other acting as a marker to tell the clone the location,” Rayner explained.

The old man, Yazid, slowly nodded. “I am dying. I had to rush the ritual. I am sorry my friends, please forgive me.”

Axel looked at Yazid, with his heavy breaths, raspy speech, and teary eyes. He could not stay mad at this feeble old man.

“Fine, talk,” Axel said.

“Thank you,” Yazid said, smiling. “I am not from your world, I went there looking for people like you.”

“People like us?” Rayner repeated. “Are we chosen ones?”

“No, why would you be? We talked about this at school.”

Hearing the old man talk about their school days rattled him. He remembered the conversation Yazid referred to. Rayner said the idea of people from another land becoming saviors was rooted in a white savior complex, while he and Yazid decided it was pure storytelling expediency.

“Then why us?” Axel said.

“You two were willing before you freaked out, and despite your huge differences, both of you get along.”

“Oh yes, why did we panic? You were so welcoming. Brought out all the stops, the cult, the dagger, the stabbing. Good times!” Axel wondered if this guy was still sorry.

Yazid looked amused by his joke. Rayner ignored him. “Why are you old and dying? And how do you have a clone?”

“A clever use of necromancy. I transferred my life-force to your world, causing me to age by the amount I sent. I sent decades worth of my life-force; that version of myself has been a teenager for twenty years.” It also served as an explanation to why Yazid had such wealth as a teenager. He had two decades to get rich.

“Cool, so you made a clone, stopped aging and transported to another world all at once. You got skills,” Axel said.

Even as Yazid lay dying, his chest puffed up with pride. “Thank you. The reason I can accomplish such wonders is due to the nature of both of our worlds. The inhabitants of my world use powers by the grace of their various gods, making them beholden to those gods.

“Like a contract,” Axel said.

“Correct, and the gods are jealous masters. I have witnessed villages burn, entire peoples wiped out, countries fall, all because those with power could not or would not act.” Yazid said this with an intensity that belied his age.

“So, this world is suffering from a religious war,” Rayner said, disturbed.

“If only it were that simple. Not all the gods are fighting nor are they all evil in the classical sense. They are slaves to their nature. A god of love cannot condone the end of a once great love, instead using his influence to keep it going, causing misery to all by trying to heal a broken relationship.”

The problem became clear, absolute worship to one’s god granted tangible power, giving a god absolute control. As the saying goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yazid summoned them because of this.

“We are not from this world so we worship none of its gods, we don’t have to rely on them,” Rayner said.

Yazid coughed up blood as he tried to answer. Rayner looked around to get him something that could help. Yazid continued speaking, not bothering even to use the sheets to wipe up the blood from his mouth. “I am taking too long, there is much I have to tell you, but little time. I have held out as long as I can. I want both of you to look at your palms.” They did and saw a strange pattern tattooed onto their hands. “Look deeply into the pattern and relax your mind.”

Doing as Yazid said, they stared into their palms. It was if they were being hypnotized. The tattoos morphed into letters and numbers; soon Axel saw what he knew to be a RPG stat page.

Character: Axel, Race: Black, Title: Godless, Level: 1, Class: N/A, Mana: 10, Skills: N/A, EXP: 10.

“This is amazing!” Rayner said in awe.

Axel peeked at Rayner’s hand. “What does yours say?”

Rayner put his palm in front of Axel so he could see.

Name: Rayner, Race: White, Title: Faithless, Level: 1, Class: N/A, Mana: 10, Skills: N/A, EXP: 10.

Axel could not see attributes or descriptions. “It’s missing some information.” He looked to Yazid when he did not answer. The man lay motionless. “Yazid!”

Rayner checked his pulse, then he checked for breath. He shook his head. Yazid was dead.

Axel had never seen a man die before; in the movies they got to say some final words. Usually incredibly poignant, and unforgettable. Yazid did not get that chance. They covered his corpse with a sheet. They did not say a prayer, not knowing what that would mean in a world with multiple gods.

“What do we do now?” Rayner asked.

“Let’s look around the cabin and see if anything is useful.”

“Just because we are in a RPG world does not mean we have to loot the place!”

“What choice do we have? There is so much we still don’t know, and he would have wanted us to take what we need.”

Knowing the truth of this, Rayner helped Axel look for supplies.

The cabin was small but cozy, mostly filled with books and scrolls. A painting of Yazid hung beside a desk. This Yazid was older than his teenage self but not a dying old man. He held a book to his chest and a staff in the other hand, a knowing grin on his face.

“Hey, take a look at this.” Rayner had searched through the desk drawers and held up a picture. It was of a younger version of Yazid with what looked to be his classmates in front of a palace-like school.

“Yazid went to magic school.”

“Looks like it ... hey stop that!”

Axel had gone over to Yazid’s body to get a ring off him. It was the same one he saw in both images of Yazid. “The ring might be useful. He would always play with it when he was nervous.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.