Royal Mess With a Redhead
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

When we got to the gate, Alice ducked down and even pulled a jacket of mine over her. I got out of the truck with my pistol on my hip and was watched from a distance. I pulled up and one of my watchers started running toward the truck.

I pulled my pistol and said loudly, “Stop or I’ll shoot.” The man stopped. “You are trespassing on private property. The edge of the highway right-of-way is clearly marked and you are beyond it. Raise your hands and back up or I will shoot to protect my body and my possessions.” He didn’t like the sound of that. Obviously, word of his injured fellow had gotten out. He lifted his hands and backed up.

I opened the gate and then pulled the truck forward. I went back and closed the gate locking it. I returned to my truck Cranking the motor, I pulled to the road, looked quickly and made a right turn without stopping. I cruised toward town and a BBQ place there. It was a different one than I had described to Alice previously but still quite good. The owner was a friend and encouraged people with permits to carry. He and his patrons would not be encouraging to the paparazzi. I noticed that we had followers. I hoped that no one trespassed. I had some traps set that would be painful though non-lethal.

We arrived at Big Jim’s and went inside quickly. Jim was there and waved. I went over to him with Alice and said, “Jim, I need a little help. The paparazzi are chasing me and will barge in momentarily. They won’t buy anything but make everyone miserable taking pictures.”

He grinned. “I will take care of them, Sam. Go, have a seat over there. Jane will wait on you.” He waved to a huge man. “Harry, I could sure usea little help in seating or sending away some folk.” Harry smiled and heaved his considerable bulk out of the chair and walked over to the front door with Jim.

The door opened and three of the paparazzi tried to rush inside. Jim stopped one and Harry easily plucked two and placed them at the door. That blocked the door effectively. Jim said, “Are you planning on eating? If so, I’ll seat you. Everyone but Harry and me is armed. You won’t be disturbing people but once. If you aren’t killed, I’ll throw you out so hard you’ll bounce.” Harry smiled his gap-toothed grin at the two he was holding.

All three of them turned white realizing they were in trouble. The one Jim was holding said, “I just want to take pictures of those two.” He started to point with his camera. Jim grabbed the camera and his hand and squeezed. It was dead quiet and I could hear the cracks of bones all the way over to our seats.

“No. Get out. You two go with him. If I see any of you around my place ever again, I’ll call the police. Bubba’s the chief and my brother. You don’t want to spend the night in his jail.”

The one who Jim had been holding had released his camera because he could no longer grip with his hand. The camera swung loosely from its strap. Neither of the other two had tried to use their cameras. Jim said, “Tell your friends that we don’t stomach your kind in our town. Life can get mighty unpleasant for you.” He shoved the one he was holding outside about ten feet before he tripped fell. The other two landed, one of top of him and the other beside him.

Harry stepped outside. I heard his big voice say, “Any of you other scum want to hang around and be hurt?” I heard the cars leave.

Another big man in a police uniform walked in. “Bro,’ do you need any help?”

“I think its okay, Bubba. We were just clearing some trash with cameras out of here.”

“Bubba” looked over at us and smiled. “I heard some about them. Give me a call when you’re ready to leave. I’ll pull them over and we can have a little talk. I think their vehicles need to be searched for contraband and to be sure they are legal to use.” He grinned. I grinned over at him and saluted with my tea glass. He left.

We had a great meal of BBQ with pork (the only animal to be BBQed in the southeast) short ribs, a baked potato, and Cole slaw. Alice loved it. “Sam, that’s some of the best food I’ve ever had. The ribs were so tender that the meat just melted in my mouth.”

Jim was walking our way. “Tell Jim. He cooks the BBQ.”

“Jim?” Jim smiled and nodded. “I told Sam and I’ll tell you. This is marvelous. The meat just seems to melt off the bones. I’ve never had anything like it before but I love it.”

Jim beamed. “Thank you, Miss Alice. Perhaps Sam will bring you back in the future.”

“I will be asking him to do that.” She paused for a half beat. “Thank you for sending those men away. I’m sorry they came inside.”

He said, “Just remember to call Bubba when you are ready to leave. He has plans for those idiots. We don’t take to foreigners trying things on people around here. I really don’t know why they are harassing a pretty girl like you but Bubba will put a stop to them.” He smiled back at her.

“Thank you. We will. Thank your brother for me.” We nodded.

We finished our meal with banana pudding for dessert. Jim’s wife had made it. We were ready to go. I went up to the cash register and paid. Jim asked, “Should I call Bubba now, Sam?”

“I’m afraid so. They are paparazzi and don’t give up easily.”

“Sam, why are they pursuing her. She’s a good-looking girl but not that special.”

“Jim, she’s the crown princess of Cardena. She’s trying to learn to be human. It wasn’t so good at first.”

“She obviously likes you.”

“I think it’s because she’s found I don’t care about her title. I do care about her.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.