Royal Mess With a Redhead - Cover

Royal Mess With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 3

Once back at the house, I pulled a beer from the refrigerator and looked at her. “I’m going to watch baseball. I’m having a beer. Do you want one?”

“Yes.” Her tone of voice had an imperious sound to it.

“It’s proper to say, please.” I waited.

“Please.” I pulled another beer out and handed it to her. I went into my den where the TV was located and flipped it on.

The Braves game was about to come on and I liked that team. As it came on, I sat straight for the anthem before going back to my slouch and watching the game. I sipped my beer. The game began. She said, “I’ve never seen a baseball game before.”

“Hold your questions for the commercial breaks. Just watch during the play. The announcers will explain some of it during the game.”

At the first commercial break, she said, “I understand there are nine innings of play usually. Each team gets three outs per inning. The visitors went first and made three outs. The home team is next, right?” I nodded. “They are the Braves?” I nodded again. “They’re the team you like. Where are they located?”

“They are located in Atlanta where I had lived before moving out here. I still have sentimental ties to that area.”

“We were there last week and were on the way to Birmingham. I think the plan was to fly after that.”

“Is that your car out there or a rental?”

‘It’s rented. I insisted upon driving. My keepers can’t stop me from some things. I’m not dressed appropriately either. However, my clothes match what I saw other women wear and what I have seen on TV.”

I nodded because the game came back on. The Braves got two hits but couldn’t score before the inning ended.

“What’s your name?”

“It’s Sam which is a nickname. I was wondering when you would ask this lower order for that bit of information.”

“I’m sorry.” She paused. “I’m not really as bad as you seem to think.”

“I only go by my observations. You will have to demonstrate something better to change my thinking.”

“I’m trying to do that. I...” There was a long hit by a Brave though I missed who. It went out and a fan caught it. “A man caught it!”

I said, “He’s not one of the teams but a spectator. He gets a nice souvenir but it’s still a home run ball.”

“Oh.” The next player popped out to end the inning. Commercials started again.

“Sam, please help me to be a better person. I don’t like what you have observed in our interactions so far.”

“We’ll see. I’m figuring you’re going to be found soon. Once your bodyguards tell your father and, if the explosion doesn’t kill them, they will be out in force looking for you. I don’t know if that car has a locater as part of its equipment but it probably does. It’s a very expensive car. They can’t find you by your phone. I don’t know what other aids might be built into your clothing, jewelry, or purse. I’ve taken two extra steps in rescuing you and in disabling your phone. That’s enough.”

We watched the rest of the game in peace. She asked a few questions. Since it was summer, there was plenty of light once the storm passed and the game ended. I walked outside through the back door. She followed me. “I’m going fishing. If you want to come, wear shoes.”

“They’re wet.” She whined at me.

“Not my problem, ‘Princess’” was my response.

She followed me after pulling her shoes on. I walked out to my boat dock. I had covered an area for my fishing boat. It was a large jon boat with only trolling motors at the front and back. It looked a bit strange but was good for fishing in my pond. My gear was in the boat and all of it was dry since the aluminum cover for the dock area was sufficient if there wasn’t too much wind with any rain. I got in front and Alice took the other available seat. Untying the boat, I pulled away from the dock. Grabbing my favorite rod and reel combo, I carefully cast into some weeds about fifty feet down. I reeled the plastic bait in slowly letting it rise and fall. I set the trolling motor to pull the boat slowly along the shore about fifty or so feet out. I continued to cast along the shore and into the shoreline as I was slowly propelled the boat along.

Quietly, Alice asked, “May I use one of these?”

“Sure. That is if you know how.”

“I do. I’ve fished before, Sam.” She blushed a little as she took a spinning rod and gently cast it behind the boat. She worked the bait quite well.

We had slowly worked our way along for five minutes when I had a strike! I played the fish and pulled in a five-pound bass. It was one of the larger ones in my pond. I put him in the live well and started casting again. Alice caught the next one. She played the fish well. She used the net to pull it in. Hers was about two and a half pounds. We had caught supper.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.